• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Development Update - Oct 1, 2014

Your argument is that 1DRK costs more than a Neptune and has a worse ROI? You have lost already... Stop making this forum into BCT.

That is not my argument, quote me. Stop making things up.

My argument is someone with old hardware or limited means can participate. This is more of the same, you have your pile, now destroy the rest to make yours more valuable. Disgusting.

Is it? for a college student who is starving? That's an entire semesters tuition. How about a second, or third world participant?
You could employ starving college students to run on a treadmill to help power your 40 GPU's that are such 'hard work.' :grin:

You haven't even made a coherent argument to rebut at this point... My 30GH/s BFL unit isn't terribly useful, either. I had a hell of a lot less than "starving college students" have when I bought it! Am I whining that even my ASIC isn't worth anything now? You've made no point. DRK does not exist for the purpose of making poor people rich on old mining hardware. It's not even the same algo... Are you drunk? The future gets here eventually, sorry you didn't notice. Is it the progression of time itself you find disgusting?

Seriously, get out.

Maybe, just maybe, starving college students are starving and studying in college for a reason, and it's not the reason they think it is... If you do nothing but make bad life decisions just because you see everyone else making bad decisions and you follow along... This isn't even about crypto, much less DRK. No one can save you from yourself. Not even the Great and Powerful Evan. Quit whining.

Get out.

DRK is a currency, not a get-rich-for-losers scheme. Some people may abuse it as one, but they show themselves by whining exactly as you have. Here's your sign. Now stop mucking up the thread, sweetie. Men are talking.

Last edited by a moderator:
[irony]
One thing is not clear for me - if DRK is so unprofitable to mine why do miners mine it? Why don't they go mine something else, something more profitable? Block reward will go up and everyone will be mining at profit and everyone will be happy...
[/irony]
:wink:

[irony]
One thing is not clear for me - if DRK is so unprofitable to mine why do miners mine it? Why don't they go mine something else, something more profitable? Block reward will go up and everyone will be mining at profit and everyone will be happy...
[/irony]
:wink:
I've heard the latest AMD cards allow you to overclock core, mem, and self-righteousness.

My argument is someone with old hardware or limited means can participate. This is more of the same, you have your pile, now destroy the rest to make yours more valuable. Disgusting.
I've never destroyed anyone's coins, or diminished their ability to make their own. You're a liar.

Your argument is still that buying a Masternode is more expensive and riskier than buying mining hardware. You're a liar twice.

Mine with your Celeron. Nobody is stopping you. My worthless SHA256/DR hardware cost more than everything you own and it's useless. I',m not accusing anyone of "destroying my pile." I used my brain and throw my hashes at xpool.ca. Get a grip man.

If college students are so smart, why is it that they made it all the way to puberty and still can't teach themselves anything? This is why they're starving. Google exists. It made college obsolete. Paying for someone to force-feed you information that you could easily get for free is dumb.

Just like anyone that uses the money spent on hardware that buys DRK coins can pool with other holders in the event they hold less than 1K and have a masternode. Certainly you will be seeing more of these offers.

The argument about the barriers of entry to mining vs. mastercoin doesn't have much to do with the development of Darkcoin itself. Can we be done derailing the thread with inflammatory statements about bitcointalk and a discussion about mining rigs vs. masternode rigs?

I think that Evan has the best glass ball and he assumes that with time the POW will get more advanced hardware so taking 80% will not be very fair game.
I`m happy to hear that this will go on gradually and not instantly.
If some miners will go away this is the autobalance system so higher block reward will give more for both miners/noders.
Just do our job best we can.
Have I said we have a genius dev?

Based on my cost analyzation that's not bad. Especially considering how some people are claiming that the mining can be improved upon by 400%.
It's not 400% mate, it's more like double for Nvidia cards. I'm still getting some figures for AMD, the likes of djm and Wolf0 think there's plenty of gains to be had on the AMD side as well.

$2,380 Masternode is cheaper than $10,000 Neptune that won't even pay for itself. The masternode is money itself, and doesn't need to pay for itself when it can simply be cashed out if needed.

Low barrier to entry achieved.

Mining is already a thing that you can do only if you can afford ASICs. MNs are available to anyone with the DRKs, and you get them back no matter what...
That's why I sold 20 rigs and converted them to Masternodes. I still have 10 left, I'm not sure what to do with them. I still want to mine but I can't decide between 750ti, 970s, keep the Toxics or wait for the new AMD chips.

What will happen if the usd cost of running a masternode is higher than the revenue from a MN??? If btc hits 120 usd in 3 months and drk goes a lot lower then will the MN holders run the MNs in a loss?? You can't pay MN running costs in drk, you need usd. For how long will MN holders run the MN's in a usd loss. Will they start dumping?? and reducing the price of drk and the reveneu of the MNs left behind???

What will happen if the usd cost of running a masternode is higher than the revenue from a MN??? If btc hits 120 usd in 3 months and drk goes a lot lower then will the MN holders run the MNs in a loss?? You can't pay MN running costs in drk, you need usd. For how long will MN holders run the MN's in a usd loss. Will they start dumping?? and reducing the price of drk and the reveneu of the MNs left behind???
No one knows, but there will be a point where they stop the VPS and perhaps just park their coins if it becomes unprofitable. Nothing says BTC can't go lower and DRK up.

It's a self balancing system, same as mining. And there's at least one VPS provider (flokinet) that takes DRK, and plenty take BTC, no need for $'s.

Eventually, some of them will. This is one of the many reasons why it's naive to think that short term price & adoption don't matter. Just because Evan is awesome & DRK is the most innovative coin out there, that doesn't mean it will even have a chance to capitalize on Instant Transactions if by the time it comes out some clonecoin with ninja marketing skills behind it has permanently cornered the network effect. Anyone who thinks the best, most technologically superior coin is bound to win in the end, just take a look at where litecoin still is and ask yourself why.

It's a self balancing system, same as mining. And there's at least one VPS provider (flokinet) that takes DRK, and plenty take BTC, no need for $'s.

It will self-balance, as in all the masternodes won't just quit & kill the coin [Edit: because when they quit, the remainder get a larger share], but their numbers would still be greatly reduced which would damage the coin. That VPS provider that takes DRK will still be pricing in govpaper.

Man - what a good read :)

Everybody bickering back and forth - healthy discussion(s) (sarcasm of course)
Some nice coding from Evan
I see this as a move to remove some more "weak" hands

Even if BTC drops to USD$100, DRK will still live on....
Some people (weak hands) will move out and move on - buh bye....
I'll still be here....

I'd love to fire up my mining rigs again but, most of the time I'm to poor to pay the electric from mining because I refuse to sell ANY DRK....
I have a JOB (just over broke) and I make due with what I have - like.....
Running a MN with my DRK...
I do have a fellow investor and would love to take on a few more investors
So if you folks that are DRK poor and plan on staying for a LONG-TIME - hit me up....
All you do is collect the DRK at the end of the month and I run everything
No weak hands should apply - just got rid of 1 weak-hand - ugh

Evan has years of financial experience and, from what I can tell, NOBODY here can even rival... and
Thing is folks - Evan has a plan...
Holy shit - he can code - WOW!!! (more sarcasm)

As Evan stated, Mining is not going ANYWHERE - but over time, miners will get paid less...
This is also a part of the LARGER scheme of things that none of us really understand just yet......yet.
Would love to see all of you face-palm when the NEW stuff comes out and everybody is like - - Oh! Well - of course, now I see it.

And for those of you that are to poor to Mine....
You have mining rigs right in front of you - DUH!!!

Go into your wallet
Help
Debug
Console
(enter the following command)
setgenerate true -1
(for 100% CPU)
setgenerate true 1
(for a single core, etc etc)
setgenerate true n

To stop minging
setgenerate false

To see the mining
getmininginfo

Nobody can bitch and moan that they cannot afford mining hardware - you're here aren't you??
You all have mining hardware right in front of you and the software to run it.
You might not earn much but it takes time...... try it :-D

Some of this is a bit out of date but.....
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/a-how-to-with-the-qt-wallet-part-three.1723/

LONG LIVE DRK
E PLURIBUS OBSCURUM
IN DRK WE TRUST

edit: still hoping this happens :p
1iLWz4o.png

http://imgur.com/1iLWz4o.png

Last edited:
Man - what a good read :)

Everybody bickering back and forth - healthy discussion(s) (sarcasm of course)
Some nice coding from Evan
I see this as a move to remove some more "weak" hands

Even if BTC drops to USD$100, DRK will still live on....
Some people (weak hands) will move out and move on - buh bye....
I'll still be here....

I'd love to fire up my mining rigs again but, most of the time I'm to poor to pay the electric from mining because I refuse to sell ANY DRK....
I have a JOB (just over broke) and I make due with what I have - like.....
Running a MN with my DRK...
I do have a fellow investor and would love to take on a few more investors
So if you folks that are DRK poor and plan on staying for a LONG-TIME - hit me up....
All you do is collect the DRK at the end of the month and I run everything
No weak hands should apply - just got rid of 1 weak-hand - ugh

Evan has years of financial experience and, from what I can tell, NOBODY here can even rival... and
Thing is folks - Evan has a plan...
Holy shit - he can code - WOW!!! (more sarcasm)

As Evan stated, Mining is not going ANYWHERE - but over time, miners will get paid less...
This is also a part of the LARGER scheme of things that none of us really understand just yet......yet.
Would love to see all of you face-palm when the NEW stuff comes out and everybody is like - - Oh! Well - of course, now I see it.

And for those of you that are to poor to Mine....
You have mining rigs right in front of you - DUH!!!

Go into your wallet
Help
Debug
Console
(enter the following command)
setgenerate true -1
(for 100% CPU)
setgenerate true 1
(for a single core, etc etc)
setgenerate true n

To stop minging
setgenerate false

To see the mining
getmininginfo

Nobody can bitch and moan that they cannot afford mining hardware - you're here aren't you??
You all have mining hardware right in front of you and the software to run it.
You might not earn much but it takes time...... try it :-D

Some of this is a bit out of date but.....
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/a-how-to-with-the-qt-wallet-part-three.1723/

LONG LIVE DRK
E PLURIBUS OBSCURUM
IN DRK WE TRUST

edit: still hoping this happens :p
1iLWz4o.png

http://imgur.com/1iLWz4o.png
Thx for info MangledBlue.
Just started single core mining, to see it works.

That's the spirit!!!
It only takes one at a time.....

Distribute the Hash one core at a time.

Like a drip - we can soon fill the bucket :)

I can see the Crypto-Headlines now.....

DARKCOIN BRINGS QT SOLO-MINING BACK
CPU DISTRIBUTED MINING MAKES A COMEBACK

It's all about the hash and keeping the coin protected. Darkcoin is asking it's community to contribute a single CPU core or more, within the Qt wallet to protect the blockchain. While there have not been any recent threats to the DarkCoin blockchain, community members are being asked to contribute, at the least, a single CPU Core to strengthen Darkcoin.

Over the next few days, Darkcoin will convert to, what is know as, Enforcement. With Enforcement, a revolt of derelict pools is possible. This potential revolt gives rises to a possible unintended fork for DRK. If enough Pool Power decides to over take the, soon to be had, MasterNode Enforcement, Pools could take matters into their own hands and literally kill Darkcoin.

If DarkCoin can muster enough support from the commuity, said support could ultimately push Darkcoin, above and beyond it's required 90% and/or 3 week interim of Masternode Payment Enforcement. It would be the first time, in history, that a solo-miner effort, over took a much larger pool, such as GASHIO and the other un-named factions of decent.

Early results show, little response from the DarkCoin community but Evan Duffield has been called upon to assist. By adding solo-mining to the face of the Darkcoin Qt. User's would have instant access to combat any derelict acting Pools, as a whole, at will.

Last edited:
Back