• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

delete

Hi,

I got a faucet running for darkcoin: http://104.131.32.133/drkfaucet/index.php

specs:
0.005 - 0.02 drk payout
every 20h possible

I can modify those parameters if there are any suggestions

This is a great initiative and important for the PR of darkcoin. But I think the amounts being given away is a bit conservative for a coin that has been instamined. Maybe, those whales should be kind enough to payback tiny percentage of that instamine to the community for the sake of promoting the coin.

problem is when amounts get to big people will start to hack the faucet. So I think neither big payouts and high balance on the faucet would be good.

Faucet was already empty, I filled up a little. yesterday someone send 1drk. guess its a run from reddit, would be good to serve them constantly the first days at least :)

edit: this looks more like there is a proxy/tor script already written, faucet does a payout every few seconds, there is a antispammer and reCaptcha module available for the faucet, looks like I have to register for those api keys

If it was giving payouts every second then I don't think it was Tor because it is so damn slow. Evan must be testing DarkTor ;)

Lol this is no hack, this is jsut some bored guy who changes ip, enters captcha, recieves coins, changes ip, enters captcha, recieves coins, changes ip, enters captcha, recieves coins, changes ip, ...

I still see 3.5 DRK in the faucet, so I see no issue there...

The faucet is cool and helpful. donated 1DKR before but fast emptied. Generous rich coin holder, pls donate :)

Actually Darkcoin transaction fee is quite high for running a faucet because faucets are using sendtoaddress or sendfrom commands in common meaning single transaction for every recipient. So transaction fee is way larger than the amount itself. But even after modifying code to use sendmany command fee is large enough - now because of a size of a transaction...
PS. big thanks to people donated 3 DRKs to my faucet before :)

Back