• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DCG Discussion Regarding Allegations & Ryan Taylor Resignation

Yet more evidence that dash needs to replace IS, CJ and voting with alternative tech so that we can finally eliminate any need for collateral.

Since the previous DCG Compensation budget proposal had 844 yes, 115 no votes, and 8 abstains (967 votes in total), I reckon there are still a number of votes outstanding (between 100 and 200 votes) on the current DCG Compensation budget proposal.

Also i find it interesting that the no votes increased from 115 no votes prior to this whole DCG - Mark drama, to 184 no votes currently (an increase of just 69 votes).

It will be interesting to see how this changes over the next few days, untill voting closes. I suspect most of the outstanding votes will go to yes votes, as the very vocal minority of no voters posted their intention of downvoting the DCG budget proposal(s) on social media and on Dash Central even before hearing the other side of the story.

Last edited:
Since the previous DCG Compensation budget proposal had 844 yes, 115 no votes, and 8 abstains (967 votes in total), I reckon there are still a number of votes outstanding (between 100 and 200 votes) on the current DCG Compensation budget proposal.

Also i find it interesting that the no votes increased from 115 no votes prior to this whole DCG - Mark drama, to 184 no votes (an increase of just 69 votes).

It will be interesting to see how this changes over the next few days, untill voting closes. I suspect most of the outstanding votes will go to yes votes, as the very vocal minority of no voters posted their intention of downvoting the DCG budget proposal(s) on social media and on Dash Central even before hearing the other side of the story.

You hypothesis is not based on facts.

stats 3 days before the end of vote for the previous DCG Compensation budget (2022-01-23).

106 NO - 16 individuals approx (compare it to the today 186 NO - 51 individuals approx )

831 YES - 87 individuals approx (compare it to the today 605 YES - 26 individuals approx)

In the previous DCG Compensation budget they were about 20 last minute votes , divided to yes and no votes.
Also there are two big whales that didnt express themselves yet, masterblaster and blue.
The battle is not over yet.

Last edited:
Previous DCG Compensation budget proposal (which got funded btw) :

SHnRA65.jpg

Current DCG Compensation budget proposal :

mSw1AaI.jpg

Source : dashninja.pl

Maybe some votes came through on dashninja.pl after the voting deadline on the previous DCG budget proposal ended, but the global picture is the same. Some 100 no votes already before the Mark-DCG drama erupted on Dash social media / Dash Central and not a very high increase of no votes specifically because of that drama so far...

DCG-Comp-Dec-Feb was a 3 months proposal, so lets better look 3 days before the end of vote (2021-11-24 03:15 UTC) at the period the proposal was initialy casted.
the date is 2021-11-21

72 no - 26 individuals approx
(compare it to the today 186 NO - 51 individuals approx )

431 yes - 58 individuals approx
(compare it to the today 605 YES - 26 individuals approx)

The bigger issue is that there are two big whales that didnt express themselves yet, masterblaster and blue.
The battle is not over yet.

Last edited:
Because today we are also 3 days before the end of vote.
Makes even less sense. I am using the previous budget propsal stats to predict the number of outstanding votes while at the same time showing that some 100 no votes were already downvoting DCG Compensation budget proposals in the past.

Excluding three days of voting, just because i am making this comparison today makes no sense. Its not like this is a definitive comparison, since the voting still continues for a number of days, which i mentioned in my posts.

Makes even less sense. I am using the previous budget propsal stats to predict the number of outstanding votes while at the same time showing that some 100 no votes were already downvoting DCG Compensation budget proposals in the past.
Dont use the previous end of votes stats , I also did the same mistake initally.

But the proposal DCG-Comp-Dec-Feb was casted Nov-2021.
In JAN 2022 end of vote, the proposal was 3 months mature, so it makes no sense in terms of last voters.

So look at these stats.

The bigger issue remains in the fact that there are two big whales that didnt express themselves yet, masterblaster and blue.
The battle definitely is not over yet. Wait for the blue and the masterblaster.
Blue is a DCG proponent, but Masterblaster is not clear whether he is or he is not. (look at the NO vote of masterblaster at the DCG-Marketing-Dec-Feb proposal)

Last edited:
Proposal "DCG_Comp_Mar_Jun" - DashCentral.org
Can't believe people are still supporting this dumpster fire of a team, and it comes right from the top. But we're just a few months away from releasing evolution! We've been told this lie over and over. Eventually, DCG will release something, but here's how it will go. No one except the most hard-core loyalists will care when it drops. No one will use it. Anyone who does use it won't like it. Evo has no privatesend. No desktop client. No hardware support. The performance will crack at the first whiff of load testing. How many times are we going to need to completely wipe and reset mainnet because of bugs? We should have abandoned evo years ago and found a different direction. The resignation of our previous CTO was him knowing that this project is a sinking ship that can't be salvaged. That might be hard to hear, but it's the truth.

DCG as an organization is an abysmal failure. Ryan Taylor keeps repeatedly hiring the wrong people. Doesn't understand what appeals to people in the market today. No effort on social media. No enthusiasm about Dash anymore. You know it's going south when our biggest fan Joel Valenzuela and Mark Mason aren't even enthused anymore. You can hear it in the voices of everyone in DCG's quarterly update. Our firebrand reddit moderator Basilpop who spent years abusing his powers to defend Dash isn't interested anymore. Is there a single content creator making Dash content? No one new is submitting budget proposals. And of course, our market performance smells of dead tuna compared to all our peers. This nothingness is a consequence of lack of vision, lack of execution, lack of accountability and transparency. If DCG stopped all development work today, no one would notice and it wouldn't even affect anything. That's how pointless this has become.

Many of you are saying replace Ryan Taylor. That's only one part of the problem. Dash needs to stop going through the motions, do a major reset, do some soul-searching and practice self-care. We can start by shaking up DCG, using a bulldozer instead of window cleaning a building that is structurally unsound.

Bulldozer.jpg

"We can start by shaking up DCG, using a bulldozer instead of window cleaning a building that is structurally unsound. " -- DashUnicorn

Poor Dashunicorn,
You forgot the government's agents who reside permanently in Dash, and who are mandated to maintain and intensify Dash's decline and decadance.
These agents receive a lot of USD money from the government (and thus they own a lot of dash masternodes and dash votes), so they will never allow the dash community to build a real bulldozer......

Vote the numbers, stupid!

" Ὧδε ἡ σοφία ἐστίν· ὁ ἔχων νοῦν ψηφισάτω τὸν ἀριθμὸν τοῦ θηρίου· ἀριθμὸς γὰρ ἀνθρώπου ἐστί·"
"Here is the wisdom, and whoever has a mind in him, let him vote the number of the beast, for it is the number of a human."

Last edited:
The bigger issue remains in the fact that there are two big whales that didnt express themselves yet, masterblaster and blue.
The battle definitely is not over yet. Wait for the blue and the masterblaster.
Blue is a DCG proponent, but Masterblaster is not clear whether he is or he is not. (look at the NO vote of masterblaster at the DCG-Marketing-Dec-Feb proposal)

As predicted, the Blue whale cast his vote, in favor of DCG.

DASH Proposal Analysis for 2022-02-21 20:30:01 (mnowatch.org)
MNOwatch - Diff 2022-02-21-20-33-17

Last edited:
14 hours to go on the voting deadline, possibly a little premature for congratulations but here they are all the same, congratulations to the Dash marketing team! What marketing team? I'm talking about the dark side of marketing, the dirty tricks department used to squeeze out competition.

I've had a decade in crypto and I've seen them in action far too many times. They're how Blockstream took over Bitcoin, how many of its more liberal devs suddenly found their names being dragged through the mud, how we had a four year "debate" over changing a single character in the btc codebase, the one defining blocksize and they probably even had a hand in ostracising our own Christopher Carruthers from his position as a leading figure in the community. Remember who took over that role from him?

Let's leave aside the fisticuffs for a moment and see what's been accomplished here, what's been won by defunding Core. Are we getting a better development team? No, the general idea seems to be keeping the current devs with a new proposal for their own funding. As far as I know none of the development team have agreed to that, it doesn't look like they've even been asked and I wouldn't blame them if some decided to throw in the towel, many have been here even longer than I have and that feels like a looong time.

So have won any victories in development? No, chances are we've set in back by at least a couple of months due to the extra shit they now have to deal with and possibly set it back by several years if this ends in utter chaos.

How about the community, has it brought us all together and given us purpose? Hardly, it was an attempt to drive a wedge clean through the middle of it and I've no doubt that will continue indefinitely, several "leading figures" have shown their true colours through this farce and there will be at least a few more still playing possum. Thankfully we're diverse, many platforms, many groups, many languages and that's a very tough target for the dark side of marketing so just maybe this is a win, they've made their move and compromised many of their best pieces, if we stay aware it can be a win.

How about the business side, partnerships and integrations? This is bound to be a touchy subject because DCG has done pretty well here, 7x more merchants than BTC and a debit card in beta, it could probably be argued we're lacking in quantity but quality is top notch. So how will that play out from here, will some mystery team take over and do an outstanding job or have we thrown that away in exchange for an endless stream of tweets about nothing? Only time will tell.

How about our economy? Looks totally dismal doesn't it? But our economy has a trick up its sleeve, a little secret that's hidden in plain sight and anyone paying attention has already spotted it but our "friends" in the dark side of marketing haven't seen it yet... or maybe they have, Platform is closing in fast so maybe this is the last desperate attempt at a power grab before the chrysalis splits open...

How about price? GTFO.

Last edited:
It's sad to see such a delay in the development.
But it seems, that Platform is a really huge and complex software project.
From my personal experience I know, that such delays are very common and hard to avoid.
So I'm voting Yes. I would like the developers to continue, so that they can ship Platform very soon.

I hope that other MNOs will understand too, how important it is for Dash to support the DCG.

@stan.distortion I don't think development stops, DCG has surplus funds to eat into.

Not having alternatives to fall back on has always the been a problem for the way the treasury works i.e. there is little incentive for others to submit competing proposals.

I think DCG surplus funds is ment to compensate for a lower Dash price, it is not ment for no DCG compensation funding at all for the next 4 months.

I think that DCG surplus will go down a lot more quickly this way, specially if those no votes are not just being used as a way to signal disapproval of how Dash Newsroom was handled by DCG (leading to Dash Newsroom under-utilization), but are perhaps also being used as a way to signal disapproval with Dash current market position and price performance (something DCG has little control over).

If it is the last, then these no votes could stay with us a lot longer then people may think. It could possibly lead to an extended period of defunded DCG Compensation budget proposals. Which could lead to devs leaving DCG and ultimately having an impact on Dash development.

If Bitcoin is indeed entering a multi-year bear market and continues to drag altcoins with it, then this is not the time to force DCG to start eating its own compensation reserves, it is literally the worse time to do that.

Last edited:
Imo, Mark's exhaustive response was not the smartest of moves. There are very good reasons why, when questioned by police, you should always respond with, "no comment". The short answer is, the more you talk, the more you open yourself up to attack and abuse. Every detail can and will be used against you.

Mark has chosen to defend his reputation rather than do his work or change course. In doing so, the mere mention of these external parties damages the network. Even if Mark is 100% correct in his assertions, these external parties will not like their names mentioned at all. And yes, information that is shared privately or closely could very well fall under NDA even if it was not explicitly stated. Discretion is an essential and powerful quality.

Mark's response clearly demonstrates Mark's role as Trust Protector was in constant conflict with other duties. Going forward, I feel I could only support Mark as a Trust Protector or as a completely independent agent. You can't force one DFO to work with another.

Back