• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashPayments for WooCommerce Released

nmarley

Administrator
Dash Core Group
This is officially released now, and the Github repo is here:

https://github.com/nmarley/dashpayments-for-woocommerce

For non-developers (the majority of plugin users), the pre-packaged zip file can be found here (please make sure your site meets the technical requirements):

https://github.com/nmarley/dashpayments-for-woocommerce/releases/latest

As with all software, there will be bugs. Please file any/all bugs and/or feature requests at the Github URL above. I'll expect that some things may not work as planned, and try and respond as quickly as possible to any support requests.

This plugin is pretty straightforward to setup if you've read the documentation or watched any of the setup videos (I will link to them in the README). Please let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

There are probably things I've left out also -- just reply here (preferable) or send me a note (less preferable) and I'll get back ASAP.

I appreciate the community support in this effort. Thank you for the opportunity to serve the Dash community.

And lastly, to all the current and would-be online merchants: Please get out there and start earning some Dash. :)

(edit: Updated ZIP file link to always point to the latest release.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for this huge contribution!

I had an issue on my ubuntu server :
After installing woocommerce and the DASH plugin and both activated on wordpress,
I was not able to open the "settings" in woocommerce. It didn't show nothing, not even an error... White screen.:sad:

When I did desactivate the DASH plugin i was able to navigate in woocommerce's settings, but no dash payment for sure.
To solve this I had to install this dependency on my server : php5-gmp
Code:
 apt-get install php5-gmp
Restart Apache2, and it works well!!! Thank you!:smile:

Maybe adding this (and other dependency issues) to the install instruction's might be good for those who run an ubuntu-based web server?
Waiting for the InstantX integration ;)
All this will be determinant for DASH adoption.

Thank you mister Marley, good work!

nmarley Got a question in Dash Chat Slack from Creativeflow.

Says website crashed after installing plugin. Error was on line 243 unexpected "{".

I suggested running apt-get install php5-gmp above. Maybe you can jump on #help and provide advice?

Thank you for this huge contribution!

I had an issue on my ubuntu server :
After installing woocommerce and the DASH plugin and both activated on wordpress,
I was not able to open the "settings" in woocommerce. It didn't show nothing, not even an error... White screen.:sad:

When I did desactivate the DASH plugin i was able to navigate in woocommerce's settings, but no dash payment for sure.
To solve this I had to install this dependency on my server : php5-gmp
Code:
 apt-get install php5-gmp
Restart Apache2, and it works well!!! Thank you!:smile:

Maybe adding this (and other dependency issues) to the install instruction's might be good for those who run an ubuntu-based web server?
Waiting for the InstantX integration ;)
All this will be determinant for DASH adoption.

Thank you mister Marley, good work!
Thanks! I actually thought I'd taken care of that (show a warning for non-installed dependencies without breaking) , but I'll see why this is happening and get a fix out ASAP.

I'm happy that you got funded nmarley you deserve it! Ill be testing the plugin this weekend (hopefully). Will report back any issues I encounter, hopefully it all goes smooth though.

got this loaded up in just a few minutes no crashes WP 4.4, i'm looking forward to voting for the next budget request for maintenance and improvements on this. Thanks nmarley

Thanks! I actually thought I'd taken care of that (show a warning for non-installed dependencies without breaking) , but I'll see why this is happening and get a fix out ASAP.

Ok, fix bugfix release. Already at v0.0.2! This will actually warn instead of breaking if the GMP extension is not installed. It's actually in the documentation, but who reads that stuff, right? ;)

This link should go to the latest release:

https://github.com/nmarley/dashpayments-for-woocommerce/releases/latest

f9ccfe6111a6.jpg

Great news, thanks!

hey nmarley Im doing some testing on a fake website. I am trying to do all this through a cpanel because a lot of people use shared hosting and don't have full access to servers (with terminal commands, etc). So I feel most errors are going to come from people using a host like hostgator, fatcow, etc. I could probably have this up and running in no time on a real server.

Anyways I've got an open ticket with fatcow at the moment. I'm getting this error message right now.
DashPayments for WooCommerce: Required extension(s) not loaded/enabled. Please enable 'gmp' PHP extension(s) on your WordPress server.

Which is weird because I've enabled the gmp PHP extension and all other required extensions.
* PHP 5.5+ with valid extensions:
- gmp
- bcmath
- gd
- mcrypt
- openssl
- curl
- json

Anyways if there is someone who is privy to cpanel php.ini files and how they work exactly that would like to help me please let me know.

hey nmarley Im doing some testing on a fake website. I am trying to do all this through a cpanel because a lot of people use shared hosting and don't have full access to servers (with terminal commands, etc). So I feel most errors are going to come from people using a host like hostgator, fatcow, etc. I could probably have this up and running in no time on a real server.

Anyways I've got an open ticket with fatcow at the moment. I'm getting this error message right now.
DashPayments for WooCommerce: Required extension(s) not loaded/enabled. Please enable 'gmp' PHP extension(s) on your WordPress server.

Which is weird because I've enabled the gmp PHP extension and all other required extensions.
* PHP 5.5+ with valid extensions:
- gmp
- bcmath
- gd
- mcrypt
- openssl
- curl
- json

Anyways if there is someone who is privy to cpanel php.ini files and how they work exactly that would like to help me please let me know.

Yeah, I tried to make it as straightforward as possible for the general public to use. You might see about re-starting PHP after you've enabled the GMP extension.

I really don't have any idea about cpanel, sorry. I last used it 7-8 years ago.

Yeah, I tried to make it as straightforward as possible for the general public to use. You might see about re-starting PHP after you've enabled the GMP extension.

I really don't have any idea about cpanel, sorry. I last used it 7-8 years ago.

Hey no problem I'll figure it out didn't really put too much time into it was busy with other things. I've got an open ticket with my Hosting account I'll see what they say. I was also able to help creative flow update is PHP version over in Slack. So his store should be running your plug-in, he asked me not to share though as its still under construction.

Hey no problem I'll figure it out didn't really put too much time into it was busy with other things. I've got an open ticket with my Hosting account I'll see what they say. I was also able to help creative flow update is PHP version over in Slack. So his store should be running your plug-in, he asked me not to share though as its still under construction.

That's awesome! Thanks for helping him out.

Back