• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashForce Meetup & Presentation Program

Hi guys

I am planning a meet-up for 7pm, 2 August. See dash-africa.com/dash4beer/

I have posted my meeting on https://discoverdash.com/event-pro/dash4beer/

When I tried to register on meetup.com, I was told that I had to pay US$2.99 per month minimum, but I don't have a bank account, so I didn't.

I'd hate to spend money, but receive none, because I made a mistake. Is this OK? Do I really have to pay to register at meetup.com?

It does cost a small bit for the organizer but all other memberships are free. Do you have a free local website like meetup.com or craigslist etc you could post to?

http://imgur.com/a/T9aWC

~45 attendees.

16 new people set up with wallets and refunded cover charge in Dash.

Pic 1 is the young woman collecting cover charge.

Pic 2 is Rosa. Presenter and cofounder of the group.

Pic 3 is the group abut 1/2 hour before start.

Pics 4,5&6 are the transactions that I gave out.

Note: not really a contest entry, just documenting how the Wild Card prize was spent.
Note 2: pro tip when sending Dash to a new person using a brand new Jaxx wallet. Tell them NOT TO REFRESH balance. Just wait a few seconds. If they hit refresh balance on a brand new wallet, it tries to read the whole blockchain.

I'm going to enter you in the wildcard for this month/cycle.

It does cost a small bit for the organizer but all other memberships are free. Do you have a free local website like meetup.com or craigslist etc you could post to?
Thanks for the reply, @mastermined

I honestly expect to get 20 attendees without any more advertising. I do not want to deal with more than that for now. There are local places where I could advertise, but there is no need. I simply want to print a few posters.

Does this make sense to you?

Dashtecas Meetup #2 by Coachdigi

I´m planning 2 Meetups for next week in diferent locations. Is it all right?

One a week. I updated the contest to be more clear...

"You can host this meetup once a month or once a week. Each time (week or month) you will be required to find a new business to accept Dash and host your meetup there.
*Limit: 4 Meetups per month per group, once a week"

So I added weekly requirements to have a new location and a limit of 4 per month per group. Without this limit our budget would go broke. I will be starting a new merchant adoption contest next month which will be unlimited. I will probably lower the rewards next month as prices have gone up. I will update the whole contest next month as I work out all the issues.

Thanks for the reply, @mastermined

I honestly expect to get 20 attendees without any more advertising. I do not want to deal with more than that for now. There are local places where I could advertise, but there is no need. I simply want to print a few posters.

Does this make sense to you?

I would like it posted on a public meetup type site so anyone can attend. On one hand I want as many people to attend as possible and not limit the meetup, but I also see how it could be quite a production and hard to handle with 20+ people. I'll have to think of a solution. Probably a new medium sized (10-12 person) meetup for a little less Dash.
For this month don't worry about posting it if you think you will have almost 20 already.

One a week. I updated the contest to be more clear...

"You can host this meetup once a month or once a week. Each time (week or month) you will be required to find a new business to accept Dash and host your meetup there.
*Limit: 4 Meetups per month per group, once a week"

So I added weekly requirements to have a new location and a limit of 4 per month per group. Without this limit our budget would go broke. I will be starting a new merchant adoption contest next month which will be unlimited. I will probably lower the rewards next month as prices have gone up. I will update the whole contest next month as I work out all the issues.

Where can i see the Updates?

Where can i see the Updates?

I quoted them in my reply above and they have been updated in the original post on the first page.
Any future updates will be posted here in the comments section as well so no one will miss any updates. There should not be anymore updates this month but I have a few planned for next month to keep things fair for everyone.

Hi @mastermined tomorrow I will talk in a brief presentation with some friend can be 2 or more about dash.
I post the link here.
So after I will send picture as describe and to participate in the contest and starting promote dash in Haiti.

https://discoverdash.com/event-pro/dash-presententation-with-some-friend/

Sounds good.
Please try and keep all your info in one post and use the bullet point checklist format when submitting your entry....

Example:
Advanced Merchant Adoption meetup program Format
1. Links to Discover Dash and Meetup.com and/or Facebook - Date of Meetup
2. Transactions
3. Photos

Hi @mastermined I just Finnish my meet up now. here is pictures.
me in the middle and the two guys around me.
20289663_1160982530673380_272552079_n.jpg

20289599_1160979744006992_281282418_n.jpg

20272105_1160974354007531_1886832391_n.jpg

20370529_1160976654007301_1873310586_n.jpg

Thank's you.

I forget to send my dash address.

XjVuFA5FrZnM5gu5vxAtvZ4NWMHzM82PfH

You are so young boys.
Nice to see you.
I wonder why women always smile on photos and boys do not smile.

Carlomile,it is not end of the world,give us small lips up next time.
Salute from Croatia ( you probably never heard of it LOL)
Just sent you small donation on address above

Last edited:
lol thanks you @Zoran Kutuzovic. we are young and have the power to promote dash in our country.
So girl always smile because they want that boys see them. so we don't have to.
so why we never don't heard " Croatia "
why I know lucka modric, Ivan rakitic, I know a lot about Croatia then we always learn about thing in the world. I can say that for you about never.heard about Haiti.

Okay the buddy.

Hi guys... esp @mastermined & @thedesertlynx

I still have a lot of work to do, but my promo page looks better now: https://dash-africa.com/dash4beer

The meetup going to happen quite soon: 2 August.

I can't really afford to risk my small amount of money by giving Dash to more than 20-30 people. So my friends in the photo and others will receive invites, but I cannot afford yet to advertise it to the general public.

Hope I'm on the right path!

Attachments

• 19511176_149929745556006_5739714028099661732_n.png
    19511176_149929745556006_5739714028099661732_n.png
    570.1 KB · Views: 108
  • accepted_here_beveled_normal.png
    accepted_here_beveled_normal.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 121
Oh wow, finally... I've been trying to upload these pics for days :)
So I hope I'm doing this right - this is my first entry...

I met up with these two at the Factory in Berlin last Friday. Explained them crypto & Dash, helped them to install the Jaxx wallet (that was just before the news about the Dash wallet for iPhone came out) and then sent them each $10 worth of Dash (0.061 Dash at the time).
Unfortunately the transactions took ages and the girl had to leave before it arrived in her wallet. That's why she sent me another picture from home later.

Attachments

• Jaxx.jpg
    Jaxx.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1806.JPG
    IMG_1806.JPG
    542.1 KB · Views: 124
Dashtecas Meetup #3 by Coachdigi

outcome:
a) 1 more establishment that accepts Dash
b) 26 people with $10 USD in Dash Wallet + me = 27 attendees.

1.- Meetup link:
https://discoverdash.com/event-pro/cancun-dashtecas-meetup-3-by-coachdigi/
https://www.meetup.com/es/Dashtecas-by-Coachdigi/events/241954230/?eventId=241954230

2.- Transactions
26 people with $10 USD in Dash Wallet + me = 1.38693242 Dashes

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HwGYESbpcPjzmEMsLm7bEu-h-tR7GqGB1pMVrcI4Rcw/edit?usp=sharing

Capture+_2017-07-27-05-17-09.png Capture+_2017-07-27-05-18-00.pngCapture+_2017-07-27-05-18-26.png Capture+_2017-07-27-05-18-53.png Capture+_2017-07-27-05-19-45.png Capture+_2017-07-27-05-20-18.png Capture+_2017-07-27-05-21-29.png

3.-Photos :
https://www.facebook.com/pg/dashtecas/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1974086026167654

After speaking with @joemoraca (Head Dash Force News reviewer and researcher) on the current state of Dash's offline IRL POS system solutions i have decided to put my new merchant adoption program on hold for now and also pause the merchant adoption part of the meetups until there is a solid POS solution. The current merchant adoption meetup program will continue until the end of this month/cycle, then we will try again in the next month or two after new solutions that are in the works are released.
I'm afraid we are moving too fast and not having a proper POS solution could turn merchants off to Dash as it is not easy to do now and is overly complicated. We can't wait for Evolution to solve this issue (which it eventually will) but hopefully in the next month or so new POS solutions will be released and we can continue.

After speaking with @joemoraca (Head Dash Force News reviewer and researcher) on the current state of Dash's offline IRL POS system solutions i have decided to put my new merchant adoption program on hold for now and also pause the merchant adoption part of the meetups until there is a solid POS solution. The current merchant adoption meetup program will continue until the end of this month/cycle, then we will try again in the next month or two after new solutions that are in the works are released.
I'm afraid we are moving too fast and not having a proper POS solution could turn merchants off to Dash as it is not easy to do now and is overly complicated. We can't wait for Evolution to solve this issue (which it eventually will) but hopefully in the next month or so new POS solutions will be released and we can continue.

So its ok if I do my Dashtecas Meetup#4 on Monday 31st of july?

Back