• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashCore Team Restructure and Recruitment

AndyDark

Hi there,

On behalf of the Core Team I’m pleased to announce that we have completed the recruitment into the DashCore development team and hired 6 new fulltime C++ developers who started yesterday, May 1st, raising the total full-time DashCore developers to 9.

Running in tandem to our recent team reorganization, this recruitment process took 3 months and from around 50 applicants we conducted dozens of interviews and code reviews to select the 6 applicants who matched best our requirements for fulltime contributors to DashCore.

The expanded DashCore team is responsible for updating the DashCore reference software through current milestones and through to Evolution, and is lead by UdjinM6, with Robert Weicko as Project Manager and using the Trac system for task planning maintained by Timothy Flynn.

Introducing the new team members:

· Will Wray: 20 years programming experience in C++/ASM within organizations ranging from Hewlett-Packard Labs to Morgan Stanley and Ripple. Will holds a MA from Cambridge University and did post-grad studies in Intelligent Autonomous Systems at UWE.

· Oleg Girko, 20 years programming experience in C/C++, Python, Tcl/Tk, Perl and System Administration on projects ranging from GitLab to Google to Amazon.com. Oleg holds a MSc in Applied Mathematics from St. Petersburg State University

· Karol Rychlicki, 8 years of C++ development experience in FinTech companies ranging from Bloomberg to X Trade Brokers. Karol holds a MSc in Computer Science and a post-grad from the Warsaw Schoole of Economics.

· Ilya Savinov: 12 years programming experience including C++11, STL, Qt, Buildroot, Git on projects ranging from Graphene based cryptocurrencies to embedded systems to Bitcoin.

· Sergey Gladkov: 10 years experience developing cross-platform C++ applications ranging from Acronis products to cryptocurrencies such as Boolberry.

· Ian Marshall: Lisp, C++, SQL, developer with 14 years experience ranging from AI applications to Bitcoin ride-sharing apps to programs analysis at Pratt & Whitney. Ian has extensive experience with Databases and will be working mainly in the DashDrive team lead by Nathan Marley

We have also completed recruitment and restructuring in the Evolution backend (DAPI) and frontend (Clients) teams and I will update on that separately and we’ll update the dash.org team page soon.

Now that we have expanded and restructured the development teams and know what resources are in place, we will prepare a full roadmap for coming Dash releases through to Evolution, which we plan to publish later this month (May).

Best,

Andy Freer

CTO

Dash Core Team

Just thrilled to see this quick expansion and want to welcome all of you to the team Will, Oleg, Karol, Ilya, Sergey and Ian! :D With you quality people joining the other semi-gods of the DashCore team I'd say Olympian times lie ahead of us :D. I recently joined the EVO development team as part time dev. So looking forward to working with all of you!

Excellent! We have more reasons to believe in the growth of Dash.

Thanks for your working hard!

Congratulations to the new devs coming. I am excited about the potentials ahead as Dash gets easier to use and navigate for non-tech people.
Dash needs to stay nimble and humble. Scaling ideas need to be looked at and hopefully further solutions arise.

I can only echo the sentiment here and say well done, not just to the individual selection process but to what appears to be a good melting pot of minds. For too long I waited to see this expansion and concerted effort.

A comment on the Telegram group was about the recruiting process. There is a certain thoughts that DASH has gone corporate and the recruiting process has become "less open". Could you comment on this?

A comment on the Telegram group was about the recruiting process. There is a certain thoughts that DASH has gone corporate and the recruiting process has become "less open". Could you comment on this?
I don't know how much more open Dash could be without taking out advertisements on national television slots? I think anyone following DASH over the past few months who *might* have been considering contributing has had ample opportunity to be exposed to available employment opportunities.

That said, it's important NOT to *discount* the natural human nature of trust. People make connections in their professional lives, and it's very likely that when opportunities arise, people think of people they know who might be qualified - that they personally *trust*. This is evidenced by the statistical fact that being recommended by an existing team member (for ANY organization) increases the likelihood of receiving an offer by 2.2% - 6.6%.

I don't know how much more open Dash could be without taking out advertisements on national television slots? I think anyone following DASH over the past few months who *might* have been considering contributing has had ample opportunity to be exposed to available employment opportunities.

That said, it's important NOT to *discount* the natural human nature of trust. People make connections in their professional lives, and it's very likely that when opportunities arise, people think of people they know who might be qualified - that they personally *trust*. This is evidenced by the statistical fact that being recommended by an existing team member (for ANY organization) increases the likelihood of receiving an offer by 2.2% - 6.6%.

Here is an example, a DASH program that has effectively been death although still published (and no update that has ran out), about employing Ambassadors for DASH. I am sure back then most people that emailed fernando or daniel will get inmediate replies, at the moment, is very hard to get a hold of either, and even if they are no longer in that position, is in general hard to get in touch with people that could employ you in DASH as I've seen by friends that I have recommend to look for a career in DASH.

He has written to babygiraffe and others and has simply not get a reply. And sure you can say that is because they are busy but in reality the process to get hired has completely change, and most of the community doesn't really know in what way. Ironically this is the time where DASH is making the most hires in its history. So an update once all the slots are covered is kind of useless.

Last edited:
Here is an example, a DASH program that has effectively been death although still published (and no update that has ran out), about employing Ambassadors for DASH. I am sure back then most people that emailed fernando or daniel will get inmediate replies, at the moment, is very hard to get a hold of either, and even if they are no longer in that position, is in general hard to get in touch with people that could employ you in DASH as I've seen by friends that I have recommend to look for a career in DASH.

He has written to babygiraffe and others and has simply not get a reply. And sure you can say that is because they are busy but in reality the process to get hired has completely change, and most of the community doesn't really know in what way. Ironically this is the time where DASH is making the most hires in its history. So an update once all the slots are covered is kind of useless.
About the Ambassadors program, I wasn't aware that page was still live. We stopped pushing that long ago because it was not obtaining good enough results and we hoped that someone in the community would pick up. And that is exactly what has happened with projects like Dash Force. Whenever someone writes asking about being and ambassador (that page explains why we still get those emails), we usually redirect to other community groups. Last time I've answered to one of those emails is yesterday.

As for the openness of recruiting, as @Chuck Williams has said, there have been plenty of announcements in this forum and in other community outlets about the open positions. Many of the candidates have come up this way. If someone has not get a response to an email, that is probably an oversight and that should not happen, but I can assure you that I'm almost certain that all candidates have been evaluated.

DASH has gone corporate

Keep in mind that "Dash" and "Core Team" are two separate things. I fully expect Core Team to go corporate -- it would be better for Dash if they did because they deal with assets that are important to Dash. Those assets are safer in the hands of a corporation rather than in the hands of individual human beings.

While employment with the Core Team is necessarily constrained, finding employment with the MN network via the budget process is the wild wild west. If you want to work for Dash and have something to offer, that's the place to make your pitch.

Ok two conflicting responses, one from fernando saying they are still open, and jim saying saying 'corporate is the way to go'.

I am confused.

Back