• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashCentral.org - masternode monitoring and budget voting

Some users reported problems installing dashwhale-updater perl dependencies. We just released an updated package (v2) of dashwhale-updater, which includes a compiled version of dashwhale-updater, that does not require any dependencies.

https://www.dashwhale.org/downloads/dashwhale-updater-v2.tgz

Note:
- if you already run v1, there is no need to update
- the name of the old config file (config.pl) has been changed to dashwhale.conf
- some of the SSL perl dependencies have been changed

Technical question: In the read me for the updater it indicates you can specify more than one masternode in the config file. Does this only apply in the situation where multiple masternodes are running on the same VPS? Is the intention to run the updater from each masternode?

Thank you for your friendly words, italx. Some people run a server with multiple IPs and multiple masternodes on one server. So, if you run 3 masternodes on one server, you can simple configure all 3 masternodes in the dashwhale.conf file and the dashwhale-updater collects the data from these masternodes and pushes it efficiently in one request to the Dashwhale server.

jpr, there are several ways to get a return for the work.

Preferred idea is a combination of blockchain funding and donations of users to individual donation addresses, so we can display something like a golden tail with the users donating to the service, to provide an incentive to donate.

Not preferred: In case blockchain funding and donations are not working for hard to imagine reasons, one could start thinking about a free basis service and a paid (small money) whale package including notifications etc.

Reactions: jpr
NEW: Budget proposals

The new budget proposal page is available. Your can upvote and downvote proposals to increase or decrease proposal visibility with regard to other Dashwhale visitors.

Comment feature and direct masternode voting capabilities will be available soon!

https://www.dashwhale.org - Masternode monitoring and budget voting

LOL ! Great app rango at least it looks like, have to change my smartphone yet as I moved its buying later to buy more dash earlier :)

Dashwhale aggregate block height added to 'dashman status'

https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman#dashman

dashman_0.1-status.png

Budget proposal discussion area

We beefed up the Dashwhale.org budget proposal area. You can now post comments to each proposal. Comment feature is build reddit style, to ensure latest and most relevant posts stay on the top and also new posts are visible to everybody. Additionally, we implemented a notification system with regard to unread comments. So you'll see a yellow bubble within the navigation menu, in case there are unread comments for a proposal.

At the current stage, there are not really any controversial proposals. Everybody agrees on core-team and public-awareness :) But i assume there will be new proposals soon and Dashwhale is ready to provide the plattform for the discussion!

Proposal overview page: https://www.dashwhale.org/index.php?page=budget&action=active
Core-team proposal with discussion: https://www.dashwhale.org/p/core-team

What do you think, guys?

P.S. Now working on trustless masternode privkey storage and direct proposal voting via Dashwhale.org

Last edited by a moderator:
Claim proposal ownership

Proposal owners can now claim their proposal ownership in order to enter the proposal title & description. They will be also able post progress reports and documents soon. Proposal owners are highlighted within discussion.

Comfortable, trustless masternode budget voting

We are very exited about the launch of our new voting service, allowing you to comfortably submit your DASH budget votes via the Dashwhale website. For the setup, you simply have enter your masternode privkeys on your masternode settings page. These privkeys are encrypted in your browser with a passphrase, to ensure, that even we don't have access to your privkeys. To cast you votes, simply press the "Vote YES" or "Vote NO" button on the proposal page, enter your passphrase and you are done.

Nobody likes to fiddle around with the DASH wallet on command line, to vote for the large amount of budget proposals. We hope, comfortable & safe voting via the Dashwhale website, will further improve voting activity.

Special thanks go to UdjinM6 for the awesome raw voting and js vote signing implementation and to Evan for outlining the concept of trustless voting.

dw_screenshot7.png

Any way of mirroring discussions? I'm thinking common threads that can be posted to from here or dashwhale but something like a discussion platform any could plug into might be better. Concerned about discussion becoming very disjointed is all.

Reactions: AjM
Comfortable, trustless masternode budget voting

We are very exited about the launch of our new voting service, allowing you to comfortably submit your DASH budget votes via the Dashwhale website. For the setup, you simply have enter your masternode privkeys on your masternode settings page. These privkeys are encrypted in your browser with a passphrase, to ensure, that even we don't have access to your privkeys. To cast you votes, simply press the "Vote YES" or "Vote NO" button on the proposal page, enter your passphrase and you are done.

Nobody likes to fiddle around with the DASH wallet on command line, to vote for the large amount of budget proposals. We hope, comfortable & safe voting via the Dashwhale website, will further improve voting activity.

Special thanks go to UdjinM6 for the awesome raw voting and js vote signing implementation and to Evan for outlining the concept of trustless voting.

dw_screenshot7.png

hey rango great work on the site. noticed you have implemented 'trustless mn voting'. Can you please explain what the risks are involved with doing this. Having to import MN priv key sounds a bit scary. Can you please explain all the disadvantages with doing this and the possible risks if your site is compromised. thanks again

Reactions: AjM
i am having issues: I cast my vote on a bunch of proposals but 2 of them are only showing one masternode voted and the rest are blank; even though the site tells me that the votes wnet through fine.

Any pointers?

Pablo.

Back