• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH WORLD three months in -- a "mid-month" update

GreyGhost

Foundation Member
Dear masternode owners and community members:

Dash World goes well beyond publishing a few articles here and there and tweeting about it. This lengthy update gives you a bigger picture of the efforts and where we hope they will lead us. I envisioned our four months work (last payment is supposed to occur in July) as a trial period that will have culminated with the d10e San Francisco event:

-- Evan Duffield will give a talk, presenting Evolution developments;
-- @oaxaca will use Dash soda-machine to demonstrate InstantX and bring Dash to the real world;
-- Perry Woodin, whose Node40 is a part of "the micro-economy of Dash" will be also speaking;
-- Virtual Reality live stream, organization of which has been helped by the Dash World's very own Vanbex guys, will be the first of that nature. A happening in making!

With the people like Andreas Antonopoulos & John McAfee among dozen others being there, d10e will be the best and biggest of that sort. Business meeting and hopefully deals are planned. Media coverage blast is planned.

We all realize d10e has its own budgets, but don't forget that d10e was the Dash's World initiative. Moreover:
-- $1,500.00 has been saved (out of expenses) by the discount @hobbskevin and @lisacheng secured for the Dash;
-- 139.51 DASH ($1,124.49 at the fiat price in the moment of writing) was the Dash World's financial contribution to the event. (i.e. I sent Dash to Oaxaca to help him pay for the dash-machine transport, setup etc.)

At first I was planning to present you only with a "normal mid-month update" with data like, organic traffic comparison on https://www.dash.org/ for the May 19, 2016 - Jun 18, 2016 period with the previous month (Apr 18, 2016 - May 18, 2016) where we keep seeing the progress:
-- Sessions: +16.99%
-- Users: +19.10%

Or to address your attention that we used to have zero (0) pages in the biggest Chinese search engine Baidu index. Since I've become a Webmaster in Baidu (thanks to @tungfa; @Alexy) as a results of my efforts we had a first batch of
-- 113 pages indexed in Baidu only a month ago and now we already have
-- 304 pages indexed in Baidu.

** you can check this statement on http://www.baidu.com/ by using search operator "site:dash.org"

This resulted in 15.98% increase in traffic coming from China. Alas, these results would've been much better had our new website development hasn't been stalled and had I given IM / SEO management for the new site we are still waiting to materialize. It is not clear how this would play out. So, my forte, SEO expertise, has not been utilized in the best possible way yet, aside my occasional help to @elishagh1 for his Dashpaymagazine or work with the Russian search engine, Yandex where we now see similar growth like that in China's Baidu:

SIDE NOTE: 12.50% of ALL visits to our official website are coming from Russia. @alex-ru has done great job there. (Ukraine adds additional 4.8% of all visitors. Interesting fact is that visitors from Brazil represent 6.73% of all our users so the Portuguese version for Dash might be a good idea. I speak Portuguese well enough, far from being able to translate myself but nevertheless, that I'd be able to SEO-ize such a Portuguese version to perfection)

After @babygiraffe post from yesterday, I decided to vastly expand my normal mid-month report. Here we go.

Micro-economy of Dash

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
Theodore Roosevelt

@yidakee said it best: "Dash is a Payment Processor candidate to disrupt legacy online services. We can also do Smart Contracts our own way. We are aiming at mass adoption. We're aiming at serious business development. All this within the realms of money. Not funny money. Real hardcore, serious-as-can-be money."

Our budget system can not fuel development of an entity with a market cap over $50,000,000.00 USD in the way it deserves. The "Micro-economy of Dash" is a big part of the Dash World's vision. This is where we stand, in a complex approach to start helping Dash become a serious player in the world's economy.

Masternodes as an Investment

As I already written in my prior updates, we are approaching / in talks with potential partners in:

+++ Monte Carlo wealth management company;
+++ Berlin crypto venture capital company;
+++ Rio de Janeiro group of private investors to gauge interest in investing serious money in Dash.

We're discussing an investment of 50 - 100 - 200 masternodes. It is a serious business for everyone involved and there are hurdles to overcome. It would be naive to expect these people, despite them being millionaires or, in the MC case managing billions (and no matter my personal ties with some of them) will fork out so much money just like that because I told them how great we are. I know, for example, that the MC fund is now looking at my own background, despite the 2nd in command vouching for me. And I am not even gong to receive / transfer a penny due to the nature of acquiring the DASH / setting up masternodes process. Due diligence at its best that will for sure expand as we progress.

They are all going to receive:

-- an investment brochure printed out and snail mailed to them;
-- an investment package with:
+++ five waves of technology background (blockchain and Dash being the "sixth wave")
+++ competitive advantages of Dash, and its history;
+++ uniqueness of Dash's multi tier network. (I am using quotes from the great work by @Minotaur & @moocowmoo to portray the best picture of our advantages; and than some more):
+++ Node40 material about how to manage multiple masternodes from one wallet and the payment structure.

The package will also offer an option to setup their own MNs -- using Tao's Setup Guide for Dummies, by @TaoOfSatoshi (updated and maintained by @crowning and @tungfa) -- an option that is highly unlikely they'll opt to use but we want to emphasize decentralized nature of DASH and not push anything or anyone's service to them.

Please note: I will not be receiving any commissions or fees or any other sort of payments from neither the investor nor from the Node40, in a case the former invests and the later provides the service.

ATM I am working with a designer (using fantastic work by @alex-ru and @Raptor73 -- I hope you guys will be happy to see how I merged your respective work as a part of the presentation), investment advisor and editors in addition to ongoing talks with the 2nd in command of the Monte Carlo wealth management.

I hope to be able to present the community with the whole package, in an open source manner, in several weeks from now so anyone will be able to use it and promote that opportunity by themselves, strike a deal with @moocowmoo, @splawik21, @flare, Node40 guys etc...

Such a material will than be also published online, be it as an infographic, a series of derivative articles etc., too early to tell.

Privacy Sentinel

I am going to drop the name so it is a placeholder. This project is progressing painfully slowly but the final goal is to create a serious Study / White Paper / Book (accompanied by the series of articles all over the world, about human rights and need to private, anonymous communication and payments, with DASH serving as the payment processor)

If you think hoarding the cats or following our numerous open forums is difficult, imagine trying to put all these human rights activists and journalists together. I can not divulge the names of the human rights organizations (but if you'd google for "human rights organization spied on" you will get to the exact same starting point I used for this work) I've been in touch with. The same stays regarding the names of journalists I spoke thus far but I can share this:

These journalists I've been contact with work / publish in the following outlets:

Germany
:
ARD, BR, ZDF, MDR, NDR, WDR, 3sat, ORF, SF, Spiegel TV, ProSiebenSat1., enorm Magazin, Fräulein Magazin, der Freitag, Greenpeace Magazin, Merian, taz, Theo Magazin, Zeit, freundevonfreunden.com, merian.de, spiegel.de, stern.de, Zeit.de

Argentina

Radio Nacional Argentina,

Brazil

Agência Mural de Jornalismo das Periferias,

All over the world:
Masa Acher (Israel), Galileo (Israel), Worldcrunch, IPS, Earth Island Journal, Swissinfo, Chinadialogue,
DW, Al Jazeera, Gulf News, The Diplomat, AMA, PRI, Global Post, Associated Press, Quartz,
Quartz
, The Equator Line, Caravan...

Needless to say, all of them are very busy so coordinating this can end up with a failure; there are different opinions, approaches, even suspicions as how to work, share the authorship, which organizations are to be dealt with, in which manner...

I am doing my best but if I am be unable to produce something jointly with them I will do it without them in a manner I deem fit. 20 years of my own journalistic background does no harm.

To put Dash out in the world, and present it as the serious enabler of our privacy is of the utmost importance.

Ongoing Work

-- The Vanbex has several articles in work. One by Eric Sammons;
-- We are getting mainstream press. A big foray into the mainstream was SpectroCoin adding Dash to exchange and e-wallet article on Ibtimes (link)
-- The Vanbex is looking to get Dash accepted on other exchanges.

More great, surprising developments are coming, hopefully in my next "full report" or at the latest, in my next "mid month report" a month for now. This is the project I am developing with Dr. BobLQ (@boblq), heavily on the tech side.

Thank you for your time. I am kindly asking for your continuing support of the Dash World efforts.

Sincerely,
Roman (a.k.a. GreyGhost)

Wow
Dear masternode owners and community members:

Dash World goes well beyond publishing a few articles here and there and tweeting about it. This lengthy update gives you a bigger picture of the efforts and where we hope they will lead us. I envisioned our four months work (last payment is supposed to occur in July) as a trial period that will have culminated with the d10e San Francisco event:

-- Evan Duffield will give a talk, presenting Evolution developments;
-- @oaxaca will use Dash soda-machine to demonstrate InstantX and bring Dash to the real world;
-- Perry Woodin, whose Node40 is a part of "the micro-economy of Dash" will be also speaking;
-- Virtual Reality live stream, organization of which has been helped by the Dash World's very own Vanbex guys, will be the first of that nature. A happening in making!

With the people like Andreas Antonopoulos & John McAfee among dozen others being there, d10e will be the best and biggest of that sort. Business meeting and hopefully deals are planned. Media coverage blast is planned.

We all realize d10e has its own budgets, but don't forget that d10e was the Dash's World initiative. Moreover:
-- $1,500.00 has been saved (out of expenses) by the discount @hobbskevin and @lisacheng secured for the Dash;
-- 139.51 DASH ($1,124.49 at the fiat price in the moment of writing) was the Dash World's financial contribution to the event. (i.e. I sent Dash to Oaxaca to help him pay for the dash-machine transport, setup etc.)

At first I was planning to present you only with a "normal mid-month update" with data like, organic traffic comparison on https://www.dash.org/ for the May 19, 2016 - Jun 18, 2016 period with the previous month (Apr 18, 2016 - May 18, 2016) where we keep seeing the progress:
-- Sessions: +16.99%
-- Users: +19.10%

Or to address your attention that we used to have zero (0) pages in the biggest Chinese search engine Baidu index. Since I've become a Webmaster in Baidu (thanks to @tungfa; @Alexy) as a results of my efforts we had a first batch of
-- 113 pages indexed in Baidu only a month ago and now we already have
-- 304 pages indexed in Baidu.

** you can check this statement on http://www.baidu.com/ by using search operator "site:dash.org"

This resulted in 15.98% increase in traffic coming from China. Alas, these results would've been much better had our new website development hasn't been stalled and had I given IM / SEO management for the new site we are still waiting to materialize. It is not clear how this would play out. So, my forte, SEO expertise, has not been utilized in the best possible way yet, aside my occasional help to @elishagh1 for his Dashpaymagazine or work with the Russian search engine, Yandex where we now see similar growth like that in China's Baidu:

SIDE NOTE: 12.50% of ALL visits to our official website are coming from Russia. @alex-ru has done great job there. (Ukraine adds additional 4.8% of all visitors. Interesting fact is that visitors from Brazil represent 6.73% of all our users so the Portuguese version for Dash might be a good idea. I speak Portuguese well enough, far from being able to translate myself but nevertheless, that I'd be able to SEO-ize such a Portuguese version to perfection)

After @babygiraffe post from yesterday, I decided to vastly expand my normal mid-month report. Here we go.

Micro-economy of Dash

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
Theodore Roosevelt

@yidakee said it best: "Dash is a Payment Processor candidate to disrupt legacy online services. We can also do Smart Contracts our own way. We are aiming at mass adoption. We're aiming at serious business development. All this within the realms of money. Not funny money. Real hardcore, serious-as-can-be money."

Our budget system can not fuel development of an entity with a market cap over $50,000,000.00 USD in the way it deserves. The "Micro-economy of Dash" is a big part of the Dash World's vision. This is where we stand, in a complex approach to start helping Dash become a serious player in the world's economy.

Masternodes as an Investment

As I already written in my prior updates, we are approaching / in talks with potential partners in:

+++ Monte Carlo wealth management company;
+++ Berlin crypto venture capital company;
+++ Rio de Janeiro group of private investors to gauge interest in investing serious money in Dash.

We're discussing an investment of 50 - 100 - 200 masternodes. It is a serious business for everyone involved and there are hurdles to overcome. It would be naive to expect these people, despite them being millionaires or, in the MC case managing billions (and no matter my personal ties with some of them) will fork out so much money just like that because I told them how great we are. I know, for example, that the MC fund is now looking at my own background, despite the 2nd in command vouching for me. And I am not even gong to receive / transfer a penny due to the nature of acquiring the DASH / setting up masternodes process. Due diligence at its best that will for sure expand as we progress.

They are all going to receive:

-- an investment brochure printed out and snail mailed to them;
-- an investment package with:
+++ five waves of technology background (blockchain and Dash being the "sixth wave")
+++ competitive advantages of Dash, and its history;
+++ uniqueness of Dash's multi tier network. (I am using quotes from the great work by @Minotaur & @moocowmoo to portray the best picture of our advantages; and than some more):
+++ Node40 material about how to manage multiple masternodes from one wallet and the payment structure.

The package will also offer an option to setup their own MNs -- using Tao's Setup Guide for Dummies, by @TaoOfSatoshi (updated and maintained by @crowning and @tungfa) -- an option that is highly unlikely they'll opt to use but we want to emphasize decentralized nature of DASH and not push anything or anyone's service to them.

Please note: I will not be receiving any commissions or fees or any other sort of payments from neither the investor nor from the Node40, in a case the former invests and the later provides the service.

ATM I am working with a designer (using fantastic work by @alex-ru and @Raptor73 -- I hope you guys will be happy to see how I merged your respective work as a part of the presentation), investment advisor and editors in addition to ongoing talks with the 2nd in command of the Monte Carlo wealth management.

I hope to be able to present the community with the whole package, in an open source manner, in several weeks from now so anyone will be able to use it and promote that opportunity by themselves, strike a deal with @moocowmoo, @splawik21, @flare, Node40 guys etc...

Such a material will than be also published online, be it as an infographic, a series of derivative articles etc., too early to tell.

Privacy Sentinel

I am going to drop the name so it is a placeholder. This project is progressing painfully slowly but the final goal is to create a serious Study / White Paper / Book (accompanied by the series of articles all over the world, about human rights and need to private, anonymous communication and payments, with DASH serving as the payment processor)

If you think hoarding the cats or following our numerous open forums is difficult, imagine trying to put all these human rights activists and journalists together. I can not divulge the names of the human rights organizations (but if you'd google for "human rights organization spied on" you will get to the exact same starting point I used for this work) I've been in touch with. The same stays regarding the names of journalists I spoke thus far but I can share this:

These journalists I've been contact with work / publish in the following outlets:

Germany
:
ARD, BR, ZDF, MDR, NDR, WDR, 3sat, ORF, SF, Spiegel TV, ProSiebenSat1., enorm Magazin, Fräulein Magazin, der Freitag, Greenpeace Magazin, Merian, taz, Theo Magazin, Zeit, freundevonfreunden.com, merian.de, spiegel.de, stern.de, Zeit.de

Argentina

Radio Nacional Argentina,

Brazil

Agência Mural de Jornalismo das Periferias,

All over the world:
Masa Acher (Israel), Galileo (Israel), Worldcrunch, IPS, Earth Island Journal, Swissinfo, Chinadialogue,
DW, Al Jazeera, Gulf News, The Diplomat, AMA, PRI, Global Post, Associated Press, Quartz,
Quartz
, The Equator Line, Caravan...

Needless to say, all of them are very busy so coordinating this can end up with a failure; there are different opinions, approaches, even suspicions as how to work, share the authorship, which organizations are to be dealt with, in which manner...

I am doing my best but if I am be unable to produce something jointly with them I will do it without them in a manner I deem fit. 20 years of my own journalistic background does no harm.

To put Dash out in the world, and present it as the serious enabler of our privacy is of the utmost importance.

Ongoing Work

-- The Vanbex has several articles in work. One by Eric Sammons;
-- We are getting mainstream press. A big foray into the mainstream was SpectroCoin adding Dash to exchange and e-wallet article on Ibtimes (link)
-- The Vanbex is looking to get Dash accepted on other exchanges.

More great, surprising developments are coming, hopefully in my next "full report" or at the latest, in my next "mid month report" a month for now. This is the project I am developing with Dr. BobLQ (@boblq), heavily on the tech side.

Thank you for your time. I am kindly asking for your continuing support of the Dash World efforts.

Sincerely,
Roman (a.k.a. GreyGhost)

Some great developments there. Good job.

Really interested in seeing the prospectus.

Keep up the great work @GreyGhost. As I've said before, you and Vanbex are straight up killing it in my opinion.

I know we've been having our differences lately, but I see no reason why both our campaigns cannot co-exist to on-board people into the Dash ecosystem.

And thanks for offering my guide, even though you say they probably won't use it...

Thanks @TaoOfSatoshi -- you're a kind campaigner :)

I do not see those "differences" as a really big deal. I am -- as many other Dash aficionados -- in awe of your energy, optimism, devotion to the Dash project. Only that I truly believe that "nation" thingy creates a branding clash, for the lack of a better word, with the main message Dash gives to the world as it presents itself "as the next big thing": a privacy centric digital cash. So out of all great things that you do and efforts that you're putting in this project, that one element seems a bit out of whack.

But let us be constructive here for I think you're invaluable member of the community. If i read all comments carefully, and I do, some people have issue with two terms you're using, "Dash Nation" and another, in your proposal, "Community Lead".

Why don't you tweak those terms / roles and revive the Dash Ambassadors Program? When it started -- I was in on the very first meeting and still keep a screen shot of several of us on the lunatic fringe of what was than still called the Darkcoin -- it did not gain traction. Everything you write, every single impassioned plea and a vision for joining forces you make would fit perfectly with such a program. After all if someone is the Dash Ambassador that's you.

Think of affiliate programs that are being thought about, "humming in the background" of our developments, and how the Dash Ambassadors would be given something to do and gain, in a return for their passion for Dash (or a practical need for profit); think about my own "MN as an investment" work that will soon be open-sourced for anyone to go out and promote. If these guys and girls - Tao's Dash Ambassadors -- strike a deal with buyers and / or masternode hosting operators they'd be able to make a modest buck or two.

You can lead them, not to be "just" a part of a nation that does not have clearly defined goal (I am really not discounting the passion and am getting the idea behind, despite my disagreement over its branding flaw as I see it, but if I root for the Red Sox Nation for example and am a member of the fan club, what am I really doing for the Red Sox development) but you can than champion:

-- Dash Ambassadors' Meetups;
-- Dash Ambassadors affiliate programs;
-- Dash Ambassadors promotion of the "micro-economy of Dash":
(anyone who has a service or product to sell can offer a discount if paid in DASH -- I'll start first. I am giving a 50% OFF my SEO services if paid in DASH. Promote it. Anyone knows something and can offers something; take @bigrcanada wine for example. He sells it for Dash, so get a discount and from him as a commission for Dash Ambassadors that sell his wine for Dash;
-- Dash Ambassadors Online Conference;
-- Dash Ambassadors Newsletter. As we agonize over current / interim / Evolution websites (and before someone explains how newsletters are dying breed let me remind you that even Bruce Schneier, a famous "security guru," has his Newsletter -- what matters is the message not the format) we have a need for a concise information in one place. It is difficult, even for us lunatics to follow so much information spread out so many places.

You'd take a more defined direction that better aligns with the Dash's needs, would be a better fit with various ongoing projects, and will benefit all of us greatly. Perhaps worth considering?

These are my 2 duffs. Take them at their worth or shrug them at will.

Good luck in all that you do :)

Last edited:
Thanks @TaoOfSatoshi -- you're a kind campaigner :)

I do not see those "differences" as a really big deal. I am -- as many other Dash aficionados -- in awe of your energy, optimism, devotion to the Dash project. Only that I truly believe that "nation" thingy creates a branding clash, for the lack of a better word, with the main message Dash gives to the world as it presents itself "as the next big thing": a privacy centric digital cash. So out of all great things that you do and efforts that you're putting in this project, that one element seems a bit out of whack.

But let us be constructive here for I think you're invaluable member of the community. If i read all comments carefully, and I do, some people have issue with two terms you're using, "Dash Nation" and another, in your proposal, "Community Lead".

Why don't you tweak those terms / roles and revive the Dash Ambassadors Program? When it started -- I was in on the very first meeting and still keep a screen shot of several of us on the lunatic fringe of what was than still called the Darkcoin -- it did not gain traction. Everything you write, every single impassioned plea and a vision for joining forces you make would fit perfectly with such a program. After all if someone is the Dash Ambassador that's you.

Think of affiliate programs that are being thought about, "humming in the background" of our developments, and how the Dash Ambassadors would be given something to do and gain, in a return for their passion for Dash (or a practical need for profit); think about my own "MN as an investment" work that will soon be open-sourced for anyone to go out and promote. If these guys and girls - Tao's Dash Ambassadors -- strike a deal with buyers and / or masternode hosting operators they'd be able to make a modest buck or two.

You can lead them, not to be "just" a part of a nation that does not have clearly defined goal (I am really not discounting the passion and am getting the idea behind, despite my disagreement over its branding flaw as I see it, but if I root for the Red Sox Nation for example and am a member of the fan club, what am I really doing for the Red Sox development) but you can than champion:

-- Dash Ambassadors' Meetups;
-- Dash Ambassadors affiliate programs;
-- Dash Ambassadors promotion of the "micro-economy of Dash":
(anyone who has a service or product to sell can offer a discount if paid in DASH -- I'll start first. I am giving a 50% OFF my SEO services if paid in DASH. Promote it. Anyone knows something and can offers something; take @bigrcanada wine for example. He sells it for Dash, so get a discount and from him as a commission for Dash Ambassadors that sell his wine for Dash;
-- Dash Ambassadors Online Conference;
-- Dash Ambassadors Newsletter. As we agonize over current / interim / Evolution websites (and before someone explains how newsletters are dying breed let me remind you that even Bruce Schneier, a famous "security guru," has his Newsletter -- what matters is the message not the format) we have a need for a concise information in one place. It is difficult, even for us lunatics to follow so much information spread out so many places.

You'd take a more defined direction that better aligns with the Dash's needs, would be a better fit with various ongoing projects, and will benefit all of us greatly. Perhaps worth considering?

Any guide son building said affiliate program and/or ambassadors program?

Best thing I could find is:
http://www.readypulse.com/create-a-...gram-10-questions-every-marketer-must-answer/

Only that I truly believe that "nation" thingy creates a branding clash, for the lack of a better word, with the main message Dash gives to the world as it presents itself "as the next big thing": a privacy centric digital cash.

Dash Nation's goals are EXACTLY the same as Dash's. It doesn't have its own agenda as it exists because of Dash. It is simply a gathering of like-minded people who are attracted to that sense of belonging, and passion for something. We are a global community of Dash fans, doing what we can to promote it, and based on what you wrote here, I'd love to have you on the team. Enhancing Dash's message will always be the goal of Dash Nation.

some people have issue with two terms you're using, "Dash Nation" and another, in your proposal, "Community Lead".

Some do, but honestly, outside of these forums, the ideas I have brought forth are getting great feedback. Also, not everyone here disagrees either. When I first ran the poll asking "Would you like to be a part of Dash Nation?", the overwhelming majority said YES.

Why don't you tweak those terms / roles and revive the Dash Ambassadors Program?

This is exactly the goal of Dash Nation, I just chose to give it a less boring name. The goals align however, and if you would like to bury the hatchet, realize that Dash Nation will be a thing, we'd love to have you on board, helping us out.

You can lead them
, not to be "just" a part of a nation that does not have clearly defined goal (I am really not discounting the passion and am getting the idea behind, despite my disagreement over its branding flaw as I see it, but if I root for the Red Sox Nation for example and am a member of the fan club, what am I really doing for the Red Sox development)

This is the crux of the problem as I see it. You view Dash Nation as its own unique entity, and that people that join are fans of Dash Nation, not Dash. This is incorrect. People who join Red Sox Nation are the biggest passionate fans of the Boston Red Sox, buying season tickets, buying merchandise, following them on the road, and contributing to the team's bottom line, while encouraging others to do so as well. Can you see the correlation, and what I'm trying to accomplish with Dash Nation? Only this baby is global, and will be Red Sox Nation x1,000,000! Dash is the reason for Dash Nation, make no mistake.

These are great suggestions. "Proud members of Dash Nation" would make for great stickers and promotional materials, eye-catching and great conversation starters. Please help us.

what matters is the message not the format)

I completely agree.

we have a need for a concise information in one place. It is difficult, even for us lunatics to follow so much information spread out so many places.

That is one of the mandates of www.dashnation.com. We actively seek out Dash news and put it in one easy to follow place, coincidentally with its own newsletter, which you think is a good idea.

Thank you. You have given me some great ideas, and like @TheDashGuy said, it would be great if you could give us pointers. Good luck with Dash World as well!

Dash Nation's goals are EXACTLY the same as Dash's. It doesn't have its own agenda as it exists because of Dash. It is simply a gathering of like-minded people who are attracted to that sense of belonging, and passion for something. We are a global community of Dash fans, doing what we can to promote it, and based on what you wrote here, I'd love to have you on the team. Enhancing Dash's message will always be the goal of Dash Nation.

Some do, but honestly, outside of these forums, the ideas I have brought forth are getting great feedback. Also, not everyone here disagrees either. When I first ran the poll asking "Would you like to be a part of Dash Nation?", the overwhelming majority said YES.

This is exactly the goal of Dash Nation, I just chose to give it a less boring name. The goals align however, and if you would like to bury the hatchet, realize that Dash Nation will be a thing, we'd love to have you on board, helping us out.

This is the crux of the problem as I see it. You view Dash Nation as its own unique entity, and that people that join are fans of Dash Nation, not Dash. This is incorrect. People who join Red Sox Nation are the biggest passionate fans of the Boston Red Sox, buying season tickets, buying merchandise, following them on the road, and contributing to the team's bottom line, while encouraging others to do so as well. Can you see the correlation, and what I'm trying to accomplish with Dash Nation? Only this baby is global, and will be Red Sox Nation x1,000,000! Dash is the reason for Dash Nation, make no mistake.

These are great suggestions. "Proud members of Dash Nation" would make for great stickers and promotional materials, eye-catching and great conversation starters. Please help us.

I completely agree.

That is one of the mandates of www.dashnation.com. We actively seek out Dash news and put it in one easy to follow place, coincidentally with its own newsletter, which you think is a good idea.

Thank you. You have given me some great ideas, and like @TheDashGuy said, it would be great if you could give us pointers. Good luck with Dash World as well!

The force is strong in this one.

@GreyGhost As part of the core team's reviews of ongoing projects, we've developed some concerns that many of the original objectives for Dash World appear to be at risk. I wanted to extend whatever help might be needed to close that gap, or at least make explicit any variation / changes in the goals for the project that occurred after the project kickoff. Since we are fast approaching the final month of the project, we wanted to make sure to approach you while there is still time to ensure the outcome of Dash World is positive overall.

Specifically, it seems that many items have fallen off the list of objectives. For example, there was originally supposed to be a "MN as Investment Opportunity" presentation in Manila, which I recall fell through for some reason. Yet part of the value beyond the Manila event itself was the associated infographics and presentation material that could then be used by other community members for similar events they might want to host. I might be wrong, but I'm uncertain whether these were ever created and shared (for others to use locally), or if any attempts to revive or replace the Manila presentation with a similarly-sized event have been made.

A test ad campaign with resulting impact measures (to learn effectiveness of ads) was also part of the original scope of work. Looking through the past reports, I'm not sure this has been addressed, though I'm not 100% sure I have found all of your Dash World reports or that the reports would specifically call the test ad campaign out separately. Some clarity on the status of that effort would be helpful.

On the positive side, you seem to be doing "extra" activities that weren't even mentioned in the proposal. Specifically, reaching out to journalists and investors. It would be great to obtain some detail from you on how those interactions are proceeding and obtain feedback on the messages or approaches that might be most effective with those groups so that others can at least learn from these experiences. For example, with journalists what messages and story angles are they most amenable to for mainstream press articles? How can we better craft our message to appeal to them? What expert knowledge could Dash core team members bring to bear to help them with governance, blockchain, or cryptocurrency stories they might be working on? What questions and concerns do wealthy investors have? It very much feels as though there are a lot of conversations occurring - which is great - but there's been very little information flowing through to the team and the community on what is needed to further develop those journalistic and investor relationships. Absent any concrete results from these outreach efforts, it would be good to at least learn what we can from feedback from them.

In summary, Dash World has simply had a number of "subtractions and additions" to the extent that it's difficult to determine what the revised expectations for defining success should entail. It might be worthwhile going back and addressing against the original scope of work what you think is no longer achievable and what other things you planned to replace them that might deliver similar value. That way - as in the journalism and investor outreach efforts illustrate - we might be able to better support the project and get more out of it. It also allows those voting for the proposal to see what the revised scope of work is and is not. Thank you for taking the initiative with Dash World and let us know how the community and core team can help.

Thank you, @babygiraffe for your inquiry.

I travel but I feel I have to address your questions immediately. Dash World has matured. When I read what you wrote, for example, "many items have fallen off the list of objectives," I read it as "many NEW, IMPROVED items are now on the list of objectives." Even Evan Duffield did not know he'll come up with InstantX until that day the idea occurred to him. During the Dash World work I also had many Eureka!! moments, not of that magnitude, but nevertheless.

As I wrote in my original proposal -- Micro-economy of Dash -- a "P2P decentralized, permissionless Crypto-Economy is soon going to be our reality." At the moment of writing the proposal I wasn't aware that "a broader vision for the Dash World" would soon turn out to be its main vision. I will elaborate it in this post.

Briefly:

-- Manila Presentation. I am sorry you brought that up. I privately informed some of the most valuable members of the core about the circumstances that caused cancellation of it. I did not want to go public with than. There were tragedies in Bob's immediate vicinity, the children have died. To insist that he should focus on the presentation under those circumstances would've been more than callous, painful and non-productive.

-- However, MN as an Investment Opportunity idea grew since. Take a look at the example of how I used "the enormous creative energy" coming out the community and merged @alex-ru and @Raptor73 works. This is just a sample that is being changed and improved as I type:

This image represent a working sample of the cover of a 4-pages INVESTMENT BROCHURE that will go to ever-growing list of venture capitalists. I am also creating a big, accompanying material for it.

I wrote about it extensively. The process is a tad slower than I'd love it to be but I am not going to address a multi-billion dollars wealth management in Monte Carlo with a half-backed proposal. I will travel (on my expense) to meet with the 2nd in command there and see why is DASH facing so much resistance from the crypto investment manager they have. ("I am not sure DASH can succeed," he keeps repeating without giving any concrete reasons as to why)

What I myself wrote, the articles Dash Masternodes Study: Rising Crypto Bonds of the Future and The Legality of Crypto-Currency Holdings were, truth be told, written with the guy I have to coax in mind. If they would invest and than allow me use their name, we'd be in main stream media instantaneously. Since DASH is over $7.00 or so for a while, I doubt we have new MN owners purchasing 100++ masternodes at once.

To the list of the people I will contact, we just recently added a Hong Kong mutual fund that Bob is going to visit and I will be visiting my Rio de Janeiro (again, on my expense) investor friends in September. They do not understand the "investment opportunity" and I have to be crystal clear in presenting it to everyone.

Marc De Mesel, "a large capital investor in the crypto space," with whom I also spoke, told me he considered investing in DASH but has given up because "he did not see any growth in transactions."

These were the red flags.

Once I am done with everything (prep material) -- in about two - three weeks and after my Monaco meeting, I will provide the community with:

-- the list of companies I approached and eventual results:
-- the PDS files of all the material to be used for themselves;
-- the "bundled" idea i.e. I want some of our new investors to also invest directly into the "micro-economy of DASH".

There are several reasons why my focus has shifted:

-- Even crypto "media outlets are getting way more strict when it comes to promotion pieces so the articles have to be very not biased and have some form of questions or controversy. If not they want to be paid and there costs are going way up," (a quote from Kevin Hobbs). So publishing of articles for the sake of publishing will not result with desired results. Kevin secured Keypass business deal, d10e business promotions with the discount, is working on getting DASH accepted on foreign exchanges etc., all to further our real development efforts;
-- the current website is not going anywhere ATM. My SEO expertise is therefore underutilized. I hope you guys will realize that Proposal “evo-designers“ and Proposal “pr-2016-fall-pt1“ and “mrktg-intl-outreach“ all could, and frankly should, benefit from my expertise.

As much as I saved you the money for d10e by forking out 139.5157143 DASH out of the Dash World's budget, I would've been able to save even more in any and each of these projects but that's another story. (just ponder the international outreach; dash.org had zero pages indexed in the Chinese search engine Baidu before I got involved. Now it has 321 pages indexed. I documented the progress from 0 to 113 to 304 to 321 today. Same stays with Yandex, the Russian search engine. I am amplifying the efforts you are doing separately; you'd be far better off if you'd include me in all those efforts)

Alas, it seems like you have already decided to shun such an inner expertise and enormous energy invested into this project, as you look for someone to replace Dash World without even talking to the Dash World first. Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi it seems works in the decentralized world as well.

Luckily, I am not a blushing debutante who goes in the corner and cries her eyes out as she was shunned for another dance so the work will continue undisturbed.

Journalists?

You wrote, "... there's been very little information flowing through to the team and the community..." but kindly allow me to remind you that I have been invited to the core weekly meeting only once throughout all this time the Dash World works for the Dash Project. It is entirely my fault for I should have created bedlam, as Amanda did when Tungfa did not accept her demands, and demanded closer cooperation with the core. Sadly, I do not believe confrontation, amidst so much noise going on the Forum and the Slack, is the best way of moving forward and was working my ass out to create something everyone would be able to use. ("investment" part)

In my reports, that are public, I clearly stated that I am working with the human rights organizations and the journalists interested in that topic. I want to present DASH as the tool that can HELP our basic human right to privacy. No one is going to write a propaganda piece for us and therefore I've chosen almost a suicidal path of trying to create a STUDY on human rights and DASH, involving the journalists all over the world, in an effort to educate both groups.

The list of the publications they work for I also published.

I've also stated it is extremely difficult to work with all these people but my transparency -- I disclosed to everyone that I am engaged with DASH as an enthusiasts, as a token holder etc. -- seems to have raised questions so I am re-visiting my approach. That is also public knowledge.

So, yes, the shift is gigantic. It's value is going to be great.

One final word: with both huge "additions" I discussed extensively above I've NOT taken a path of least resistance, on the contrary. We are all enthused with DASH and we might not see its weaknesses as the outsiders do. I have friends in the world of the rich and I decided to firstly get their feedback -- even if not money that would be invaluable insight -- and than based on the feedback polish all the material I work on to the perfection, with the real help from the core and the community, and share it in an open source manner that every DASH enthusiast would be than able to use.

So kindly grant me the time I already asked for only nine (9) days ago when I wrote: "More great, surprising developments are coming, hopefully in my next "full report" or at the latest, in my next "mid month report" a month for now. This is the project I am developing with Dr. BobLQ (@boblq), heavily on the tech side."

Thank you for your time for going through this lengthy response.

Sincerely,
Roman (a.k.a. GreyGhost)

I have missed it was hoping you could share it here. What is the purpose of getting in these Monte Carlo, Berlin, Rio de Janeiro investors in masternodes? What would their value add be besides buying masternodes or are we hoping that with their stake in Dash, they will use their efforts to promote Dash?

Are they passive or active investors?

I have missed it was hoping you could share it here. What is the purpose of getting in these Monte Carlo, Berlin, Rio de Janeiro investors in masternodes? What would their value add be besides buying masternodes or are we hoping that with their stake in Dash, they will use their efforts to promote Dash?

Are they passive or active investors?

Active, absolutely active. I want them to be involved so, for example, the "tech project" Dr. BobLQ is developing on the programming side will be, hopefully, also funded by them in order to create a real "micro-economy of DASH" and help solve our main problem. They can then put their power behind and promote Dash, directly or indirectly so to further benefit the project. (price increase - DASH looks greatly undervalued)

What I am telling them is this:

"Mass adoption of crypto-currencies is still a problem to solve even for a seven years old Bitcoin.

Bitcoin: Technical Background and Data Analysis by the Finance and Economics Discussion Series Divisions of Research & Statistics and Monetary Affairs Federal Reserve Board, Washington, D.C. Their analysis suggests a that less than 50 percent of all bitcoins in circulation are used in transactions. With Dash that number is even smaller," and then explain how they can help.

These details are still being worked out, with the '2nd in command' (MC) who is really helping me to polish the proposal.

Back