• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Wallet for Android (Release 4) [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, now that we have an official iPhone app with support here, we need to create something similar for Android.

An official Dash wallet with easy to find support. This guy has too many other projects on the go and is not here regularly.

Yes, I agree there should be an official Dash Android Wallet with support. You are right, I don't have enough time to help everyone.

I totally agree
but then with Evo coming , is it worth changing all that now or better to wait !?

(telegram) me yous and I send from Iphone

When will Evo be ready?

I need to send 11drk to genesis mining...i just realize this silly dash wallet takes more 30 minutes to send...it is even longer than bitcoin transaction...as genesis mining only give 30 minutes to confirm transaction, my payment will be useless... I might lost 11 drk because this silly android apps...it is funny if this small matter also doesnt settle

The silly app isn't suppose to wait 30 minutes to send, but it should be sending transactions right away. If something like this happens then "Report issue" and I might be able to find the cause. Perhaps there were no connected nodes or something like that.

Forgive me, I'm not a user of this app but I think the no-copy-to-clipboard excuse (not a "safe function") is a bit lame.

If I put a public receiving address on a website, the website might get hacked.. If I send it in an email, the email might get hacked. I mean, where do we draw the line... surely at some point we just have to accept that each owner has to take some responsibility for their own security? It is, after all, a PUBLIC address.

At the very least, you could put a warning before it is copied or shared.

I know a lot of people don't like this missing feature. Many complained when it was taken out of Bitcoin Wallet.

I have a quick question. When you uninstall the app, does it remove the blockchain as well?

Everything is removed, including the blockchain (only 1 MB), log files, support files and the wallet file.

Be sure to back up your wallet. It only needs to be done once, regardless of your usage. If you uninstall with coins in your wallet, without the backup, then the DASH will be lost.

We have been working on adding InstantX back in (send only). Testing is showing successful results.

Other planned updates for the App include:
Changing to a different exchange to get price information.
Updating to the latest Bitcoin Wallet.

This is a test version. Install it on a new device (ideally). Test with small amounts of DASH.
https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/releases/tag/v4.40.12c.ix-b

If you test this, let me know about your results. We plan to publish to google on January 20. This is to coincide with the DASH Drink Vending Machine program.

We have been working on adding InstantX back in (send only). Testing is showing successful results.

Other planned updates for the App include:
Changing to a different exchange to get price information.
Updating to the latest Bitcoin Wallet.

This is a test version. Install it on a new device (ideally). Test with small amounts of DASH.
https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/releases/tag/v4.40.12c.ix-b

If you test this, let me know about your results. We plan to publish to google on January 20. This is to coincide with the DASH Drink Vending Machine program.

I can't install it. When I click install nothing happends. Maybe someting strange with my android.

I can't install it. When I click install nothing happends. Maybe someting strange with my android.

You mean, it happens on the Play Store?

Have you checked if this problem happens when you try to install any other app from the play store, or if only with HE's Dash wallet?

If it's a play store issue, it might help if you clean its cache (Settings > Applications > Manage Applicatiosn > All > Google Play Store > Clear cache) and then, restart your phone. (you can also try "clear data" if "clear cache" did not solve it)

Another possibility: you might need to update your version of the Google Play Store, or even your phone's system (but it usually happens automatically when you connect to a wi-fi network).

Also, check (if you've got some kind of antivirus, malware blocker, any kind of blocker not "standard" to the Android system) if it is blocking the installation of new apps.

Or, maybe, if your device is running out of free space for the apk to be downloaded and installed.... (... but usually the system complains in such case)

If none of these are the cause to your problem, then I don't know :/

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently testing the next update, which will use a different exchange for rates. So far it's working. Cryptsy was the previous exchange that the app used to calculate exchange rates.

We have two users saying that they cannot spend their coins that were mined and paid to the android app address. I am not sure why yet. I kept telling them to attach the app logs, but they all failed to do so. Yesterday, I found that it was due to a bug in my code, a single line, of course, that prevented attachments from being accessible to the chosen email application.

This issue is resolved in the versions pushed to Google Play today.

Now the issue is that both users have several DASH in their wallet, from confirmed transactions that are counted as unspendable by the app. Hopefully I will get more information to resolve it.

We have two users saying that they cannot spend their coins that were mined and paid to the android app address. I am not sure why yet. I kept telling them to attach the app logs, but they all failed to do so. Yesterday, I found that it was due to a bug in my code, a single line, of course, that prevented attachments from being accessible to the chosen email application.

Now the issue is that both users have several DASH in their wallet, from confirmed transactions that are counted as unspendable by the app. Hopefully I will get more information to resolve it.
Thank you for your efforts to develop a stable Dash InstantX wallet.

Thanks bossman!

Whenever you want a new UI, feel free to ask, or a website for your awesome wallet!

Keep up the crazy awesome work!

I don't know if this info helps, but I remember, when I first started using the wallet, I used to receive many transactons with multiple outputs (many different receivers in the same transaction), after a while, the wallet "complained" a lot about it, and started to be more and more slow. I could only solve the problem then, by deleting everything and resetting the wallet with fresh addresses (of course, after moving the funds elsewhere).

I don't know if this info helps, but I remember, when I first started using the wallet, I used to receive many transactons with multiple outputs (many different receivers in the same transaction), after a while, the wallet "complained" a lot about it, and started to be more and more slow. I could only solve the problem then, by deleting everything and resetting the wallet with fresh addresses (of course, after moving the funds elsewhere).

This is normal behavior for this app, which is based on the Bitcoin Wallet that also has the same behavior when receiving mining payments with multiple outputs.

HashEngineering Is it possible to have watch-only addresses in the wallet? I believe it is not possible yet, but I have someone asking and would like to know for sure.
Thanks!

It may be possible, but it would take quite some time to implement. If another Bitcoin Wallet fork has this feature, then I could see how easy it would be to add.

It may be possible, but it would take quite some time to implement. If another Bitcoin Wallet fork has this feature, then I could see how easy it would be to add.
Awesome. Anyway, don't stress out about this, it is just one user requesting :smile:

I believe the Blockchain.info is also a fork and offers this feature. They don't list it in Play Store, but in the 'What's new section' they say: "- Watch-only address balance not reflected in wallet balance"

Hi! I've found it useful to have a function of paperwallet balance checking through Public Key QR-code scanning. Now, Dash wallet has only function of withdrawing whole balance from paperwallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back