• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Wallet for Android (Release 4) [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't open it up since it's encrypted. It won't allow me to make an unencrypted backup :( I am not sure what format it is using as it is only a 'file'. I will be happy to send you the wallet in a secure manner though :D
Sorry to hear of this, I tried Android wallet a long time ag, lost a few coins, and kinda shrugged it off.
Sounds like not same situation here.

If you access phone through USB cable (with USB debugging ENABLED) maybe you can locate wallet.dat file, copy it to your computer, then hopefully access it using dash-qt.

Sorry to hear of this, I tried Android wallet a long time ag, lost a few coins, and kinda shrugged it off.
Sounds like not same situation here.

If you access phone through USB cable (with USB debugging ENABLED) maybe you can locate wallet.dat file, copy it to your computer, then hopefully access it using dash-qt.
moocowmoo said "nononono" :)

Proprietary format. Hash-engineering wallets use deterministic seeds.

For those interested in digging into the backup format (I didn't get the chance to dive in):

Create a backup with any password. I used the password 'a', share it off the 'droid to a linux box. (email, save attachment)

base64 decode it (you can do this with openssl, but I didn't know it's format yet)
Code:
base64 -d Dash-wallet-backup-2015-09-08 > dashbackup.encrypted

decrypt it using openssl (here 'a' is the password (-k switch))
Code:
openssl enc -aes-256-cbc -d -in dashbackup.encrypted -k a -out dashbackup.dec

In dashbackup.dec you'll see a standard java namespace declaration and the raw deterministic word-based seed.
Beyond that I didn't bother looking, 'cuz Reuben's wallet decided to cooperate.

Proprietary format. Hash-engineering wallets use deterministic seeds.

For those interested in digging into the backup format (I didn't get the chance to dive in):

Create a backup with any password. I used the password 'a', share it off the 'droid to a linux box. (email, save attachment)

base64 decode it (you can do this with openssl, but I didn't know it's format yet)
Code:
base64 -d Dash-wallet-backup-2015-09-08 > dashbackup.encrypted

decrypt it using openssl (here 'a' is the password (-k switch))
Code:
openssl enc -aes-256-cbc -d -in dashbackup.encrypted -k a -out dashbackup.dec

In dashbackup.dec you'll see a standard java namespace declaration and the raw deterministic word-based seed.
Beyond that I didn't bother looking, 'cuz Reuben's wallet decided to cooperate.

Ok, so their wallet.dat can only be used with their app, not possible to access it using dash-qt? That's too bad.

i can't open it up since it's encrypted. It won't allow me to make an unencrypted backup :( I am not sure what format it is using as it is only a 'file'. I will be happy to send you the wallet in a secure manner though :D

I am sorry for your troubles. I looked at the crash report that you sent and have found the problem. Basically, your app will not sync due to this bug, even if you reset the blockchain. I am working on a fix now.

There is a way to retrieve the private keys from the backup file, but it is not easy.

Here is an update that may fix this problem:
https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/releases/tag/v4.40.12a

Based on my analysis of the bug from the crash report, it will stop syncing if a MSG_DSTX (DarkSend transaction inventory message) is received by the app. I have fixed this problem and others in the update above. I will see what the feedback is before posting it on Google Play.

Another issue I would like feedback on is how much data is this app using. On my phone I have noticed an increase of 10 fold over the past few months in data. On my tablet, which is always using wifi, it also has been using much more data over the months, the most being this week. One user reported a large amount of data usage (70 mb) in the past week. in the past it was only using 10 MB per month.

Another issue I would like feedback on is how much data is this app using. On my phone I have noticed an increase of 10 fold over the past few months in data. On my tablet, which is always using wifi, it also has been using much more data over the months, the most being this week. One user reported a large amount of data usage (70 mb) in the past week. in the past it was only using 10 MB per month.

Some of the earlier versions of v12 caused a ton of network chatter. (fixed now) -- I'd wager that was the cause.

Here is an update that may fix this problem:
https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/releases/tag/v4.40.12a

Based on my analysis of the bug from the crash report, it will stop syncing if a MSG_DSTX (DarkSend transaction inventory message) is received by the app. I have fixed this problem and others in the update above. I will see what the feedback is before posting it on Google Play.

I have another guy with a similar problem
1k coins not showing (again)
When are you pushing that new version onto google store ? (He wants to wait for that after I told him about Reuben and yesterday's endeavours )
Tx

There are two tweaks to be done, that I've noticed:

BTC, instead of DASH:
11m9h6o_th.png

Refering to 20USD as a "high amount":
14k8vbm.jpg

Thanks for the great app!

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose raganius that as it takes BTC as a default probably 8,52 BTC is quite high for carrying..... ;)

Nothing major, but it was nice when it worked and now it does not anymore: when you got to directbet.eu, the link "Open in wallet" does not start the wallet anymore. So you have to copy and paste the bet address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back