• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Wallet for Android (Release 4) [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you do not have many coins on there (and you can not back it up)
i would just erase the App and reinstall it !

if i do that on the iPhone Dash Wallet (in Testing)
i still have my coins.

same with Android ?

That`s the problem...I actually have quite some DASH on it (since it always worked fine...). I have a backup, but never tried that, so I`d rather not mess around with it.

That`s the problem...I actually have quite some DASH on it (since it always worked fine...). I have a backup, but never tried that, so I`d rather not mess around with it.

Bummerrrrr !
sorry man, not sure how to help you there !
(i am on iPhone)

could you send that backup file to a trusted member (i can find you one i guess)
he opens it on his Android and send the coins back to your QT ?
would/could that work ?

Bummerrrrr !
sorry man, not sure how to help you there !
(i am on iPhone)

could you send that backup file to a trusted member (i can find you one i guess)
he opens it on his Android and send the coins back to your QT ?
would/could that work ?

Sure, I would do that. But I could also wait. Sooner or later Hashengeneering is going to fix the wallet, I guess.

Sure, I would do that. But I could also wait. Sooner or later Hashengeneering is going to fix the wallet, I guess.

He will
people are in touch with him (i hear)
not sure why he is not replying/posting here

let me look into this and i get back to you

I have the perfect guy for you
i will be in touch later via email !

I got the most recent upadated version and it keeps crashing. I have no spare smartphone where to re-install it and I still hope an update will fix the problems.
I had been using the wallet for over a year without any problems so far.

I've been thinking about your problem, and today I had an idea. I think I have found a "stopgap solution" for you.

At least to allow you to have access to your coins, by use of your backup, the idea is to use a "virtual android machine", install the HashEngineering wallet in it, import your backup and send the coins elsewhere.

I have tested it here with my own backup and it worked. Here's how I've done:
  1. In an old windows pc I've got here, I have installed the Bluestacks App Player, an Android Emulator ( www.bluestacks.com/about-us/app-player.html );
  2. In the Android virtual environment created, I've installed the DASH Android wallet from google play;
  3. After having copied my backup file into the "downloads" folder of the virtual machine, I could "restored" the backup in this wallet;
  4. It took some minutes to sync, and voilà! :smile: The coins were there, and I was able to send them normally.
I hope it helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been thinking about your problem, and today I had an idea. I think I have found a "stopgap solution" for you.

At least to allow you to have access to your coins, by use of your backup, the idea is to use a "virtual android machine", install the HashEngineering wallet in it, import your backup and send the coins elsewhere.

I have tested it here with my own backup and it worked. Here's how I've done:
  1. In an old windows pc I've got here, I have installed the Bluestacks App Player, an Android Emulator ( www.bluestacks.com/about-us/app-player.html );
  2. In the Android virtual environment created, I've installed the DASH Android wallet from google play;
  3. After having copied my backup file into the "downloads" folder of the virtual machine, I could "restored" the backup in this wallet;
  4. It took some minutes to sync, and voilà! :smile: The coins were there, and I was able to send them normally.
I hope it helps!

I actually just bought a new notebook and am looking into android emulators, so I might try that. Unfortunately to me this is about the most sophisticated thing I`d ever done with a computer, so I am a bit afraid of trying that (I really have quite a few DASH on that mobile wallet...).

I actually just bought a new notebook and am looking into android emulators, so I might try that. Unfortunately to me this is about the most sophisticated thing I`d ever done with a computer, so I am a bit afraid of trying that (I really have quite a few DASH on that mobile wallet...).

It's really quite simple with Bluestacks, because it is just a matter of installing this software and it creates the virtual machine and Android environment for you.

To send my backup file from my old mobile to the Android virtual machine I had to also install Telegram at the virtual machine.

As I cannot be sure about the "safety" of this Bluestacks software, what I suggest is, after you recover your coins, and send them somewhere else, that you abandon those addresses imported to the Virtual Machine, creating new addresses in your mobile (just in case the virtual machine has got any "problem" that may disclose your private keys, etc... we never know).

In the end, I have uninstalled Bluestacks, but it is a nice experience to run Android on a pc.

Are you sorted out ?
Did you guys solve this ?

HashEngineering

It would be great if this wallet could have the same look and feel as the iPhone wallet. That one uses Dash graphics as a background and looks sharp. Any possibility for that in a future release?

I have been reading the comments here and will get back to you soon. It's possible that a future update will resolve the issue, one person has an out of memory error from opening the Wallet.

Hrm I have a big problem.

I downloaded it fresh from the Play store. Clicked on Request and then clicked on the copy button on top:

It gave me this address:
dash:Xgz9ETW4e3EgJ5Z9J6E2z37tw7gv4gTpMx
which I gave to the person paying me.

Person paid:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?Xgz9ETW4e3EgJ5Z9J6E2z37tw7gv4gTpMx.htm

but no dash reflected.
I tried going to settings, Diagnostics and Reset block chain to resync the whole thing but it still shows a 0 balance.

Address book does who that I own it though!

gI1tWuB.jpg

Help!

BolehVPN -- do you have the private key of that address? I'm just wondering if you import your privkey to another wallet and you can retrieve your money?

I am not sure how to do that from this Android wallet but i have made a backup though!
Can you open the backup on your computer? Forget the android for now. I've ben watching this saga for weeks. I'm sorry no offense to the dev but he should pull this wallet off the site and have an official announcement to tell people stop using it until he's got the wallet fixed.

i can't open it up since it's encrypted. It won't allow me to make an unencrypted backup :( I am not sure what format it is using as it is only a 'file'. I will be happy to send you the wallet in a secure manner though :D

i tried the wallet the other day with fernando (from iPhone to Android to iPhone) and we had no problems !
i thought this is all working ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back