• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Wallet for Android (Release 4) [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated the wallet, it still crashes when started, sent you a report.

My wallet also crashes on start, waiting for official update. :)

BTW, can anyone help me with InstantX transaction? I have sent it, but my other wallet did not receive anything.

Had that too, I guess it will be cancelled. I updated the Blockchain when I had that and the TX was canceled.

Had that too, I guess it will be cancelled. I updated the Blockchain when I had that and the TX was canceled.

At the moment I cannot start app :(

It crashes and I don't know why. Moreover, I don't know whether developer got my crash report or not.

Hello,
I have a question...
About the restoration of a backup. I have a backup of privates keys, i put them in the download folder, but the application don't "see" them, The file have an extension ".dat", but if i do a save with a new wallet, the file created don't have this extension. The size is also different (about 60 B for my saved file, 30 KB for the new created).
The option is "Restore wallet", not "restore private key", but i haven't a backup of my wallet, only my privates keys.
How can i do ?

Thanks.

Hey Android people
how is this going here,
seems the new version is not really stable at all.

Is there an eta for a final stable version ?iPhone wallet is coming very soon and it would really help if we had Android + iPhone Wallet stable and ready to roll !
HashEngineering can you please give us an update !
tx

I've noticed that HashEngineering does not come here everyday, and sometimes our questions may remain unanswered. But, still, it's clear that he is doing a great job with our Android wallet. I can say that because I've been using the wallet for months without any major issue. The problems I eventually had were not hard to solve with a little research (and I am not a coding expert at all).

Of course, it is not perfect, but what in the cryptocurrencies world is (at least from the point of view of the laymen-users)?

I have been promoting this Android DASH wallet to a great deal of people and only a few of these people have had problems. From my poor knowledge, I attribute these problems to the devices used, not the wallet itself. So, I believe it would be a good idea if the person having problems also informs what device model/Android version he has his wallet installed.

In order that the community receive more "attention", as demanded, I would suggest that more people volunteer to help HashEngineering with the Android wallet (because I guess it must be hard for a single person to do everything and still live/work, etc). But, anyway, what worries most is still not having an iPhone wallet.

Hello,
I have a question...
About the restoration of a backup. I have a backup of privates keys, i put them in the download folder, but the application don't "see" them, The file have an extension ".dat", but if i do a save with a new wallet, the file created don't have this extension. The size is also different (about 60 B for my saved file, 30 KB for the new created).
The option is "Restore wallet", not "restore private key", but i haven't a backup of my wallet, only my privates keys.
How can i do ?

Thanks.

Regarding your question, if I understood it correctly, you are trying to use the "wallet.dat" file from a computer DASH-qt directly into an Android wallet. But it is not possible, because their wallet files/backups are not compatible. In order to "import" balance from your computer wallet to your Android wallet, you have to send it as a usual transaction. (I hope I've helped. I'm sorry if I understood you wrongly.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

yes, an update would be nice, I have some Dash stuck in my Android wallet which keeps crashing when I open it.

Thanks!

Edit, PS: I keep sending reports from the wallet, so he should have the system details. Otherwise I`v been a very happy user for quite a while now.

Thanks for your reply.
I try to use a backup made with Darkcoin Wallet for Android, to import in Dash Wallet for Android.
But I don't know why, now it works. I used the same file, with the same program, same version, and with the same manipulation, the import succeed.
I've tried a lot of times before posting my question here, i don't understand :D

Hi,
yes, an update would be nice, I have some Dash stuck in my Android wallet which keeps crashing when I open it
Thanks!
Edit, PS: I keep sending reports from the wallet, so he should have the system details. Otherwise I`v been a very happy user for quite a while now.

Yes, hashengineering gets your error logs, and thanks for sending them.
Have you tried rolling back to an earlier version here?
(make sure you do a wallet backup to an external drive first though!!)

https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/releases

Any news? Are developers working on new version? May be a small donate will help to make release with hot fixes ASAP? :)

Any news? Are developers working on new version? May be a small donate will help to make release with hot fixes ASAP? :)
Hash engineering is probably busy working on a number of coin wallets, he does provide a new update every few weeks, have to be patient.
I had the most success around the 4.18 r2 area, the instantX worked fine back then.

Hash engineering is probably busy working on a number of coin wallets, he does provide a new update every few weeks, have to be patient.
I had the most success around the 4.18 r2 area, the instantX worked fine back then.
I wonder what happened? I haven't tested this wallet, just waiting to see when it's testable and not going to mess up my phone.

Any news? Still crashes, DASH still stuck.

sorry man
i am wondering exactly the same !
i reached out to him direct and nothing and am just talking to Dev Team regarding this !
I keep you posted as soon as i hear anything

Some info in case it helps someone. I have just checked my wallet and it is working fine. I had not opened it in a few days, but it has synced very fast and then I've sent a tx without any problem.

I'm using version 4.33.11.2.23b on a Samsung S4 on Android 4.4.2

I've got a wallet (version 4.33.11.2.23b) in my Samsung Galaxy S6 (Android version 5.1.1), and I also have another wallet (version 1.1.0) running on an old Samsung GT-P1010 (version 2.3.6 Gingerbread). I have made some transactions today, and it's working great. I haven't had any issues for months.

Are you having problems only with the DASH wallet? Maybe, try reinstalling it (or maybe cleaning your device's Android environmment, getting rid of unused apps and excessive files, free some memory, etc).

I hope you find a solution to your problems soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the most recent upadated version and it keeps crashing. I have no spare smartphone where to re-install it and I still hope an update will fix the problems.
I had been using the wallet for over a year without any problems so far.

I got the most recent upadated version and it keeps crashing. I have no spare smartphone where to re-install it and I still hope an update will fix the problems.
I had been using the wallet for over a year without any problems so far.

if you do not have many coins on there (and you can not back it up)
i would just erase the App and reinstall it !

if i do that on the iPhone Dash Wallet (in Testing)
i still have my coins.

same with Android ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back