• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH Masternode Zeus (replacement for dashman)

xkcd

Masternode Owner/Operator
Dear All,

This is a dedicated thread for DASH Masternode Zeus (DMZ). It is an alternative to the aging DASHMAN. It installs a new masternode on a Ubuntu VPS according to my guide using a simple to use TUI. It is available from https://github.com/kxcd/Masternode-Zeus You can clone it and run it like so,
Code:
git clone https://github.com/kxcd/Masternode-Zeus
chmod +x Masternode-Zeus/masternode_zeus.sh
Masternode-Zeus/masternode_zeus.sh

Here are a couple of pictures of it in action.

1622370357516.png

1622370590454.png

I have decided to create a dedicated thread to the DMZ because it seems to be generally liked in the community, so I shall maintain it. Improvements I am looking to add to it is highlight (colour code) results that are an error in the above status screen. Try to make it support and manage multiplexed masternodes, add Evolution support and improve the Reclaim free space function to remove cruft the server builds up over time.

Something doesn't work for me. Ubuntu 20 LTS, Vultr.
I tried to reinstall dashd and sentinel , rebooted the server, no result. Help me please!
0820221251.jpg

Something doesn't work for me. Ubuntu 20 LTS, Vultr.
I tried to reinstall dashd and sentinel , rebooted the server, no result. Help me please!
View attachment 11329

Actually, this is fine, it is syncing, refresh the screen after 1 hour, you should see blocks coming. It will take several hours to sync fully, the RAM is very low 2GB is pushing it, I think it will swap a lot and that will slow it down, so keep an eye on that.

Thanks for answers!
Yes, synchronization has already started.
2GB of memory for one node is not enough anymore?

I'm sorry, but I can't do anything. Maybe 2 GB of memory is not enough?
After 10 hours of work, dashd began to synchronize very slowly, probably I would have to wait a week. I ran the command sudo reboot now.
After a reboot, port 9999 is closed for some reason and the script shows a dashd error and then dashd down.
0822220806a.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I can't do anything. Maybe 2 GB of memory is not enough?
After 10 hours of work, dashd began to synchronize very slowly, probably I would have to wait a week. I ran the command sudo reboot now.
After a reboot, port 9999 is closed for some reason and the script shows a dashd error and then dashd down.
View attachment 11336

Yeah, with just two 2GB, the RAM will fill and then code is placed into swap, the problem here at this that point, your machine can't even shutdown the dashd cleanly because it is basically stuck, so when you reboot, the systemd does a kill on dashd, now when the server boots back up, some databases will be inconsistent and dashd will fail to start at this point, this now requires your manual intervention.

Before we get to solutions are you able to increase RAM to the VPS to reach 4GB? I really think you should do that first.

Once you reconfigured, can use DMZ to check the debug log, there is an option to view it and use 'page down' to scroll to the end, it will tell you the issue, maybe some file is corrupt, eg something.dat, or maybe the wallet is asking you to do a -reindex, which ever it is there are solutions, if a file is corrupt, for example peers.dat, then as the mno user issue command like
Code:
sudo rm /home/dash/.dashcore/peers.dat
If it is some other dat file, just change the name above, systemd will automatically try to restart the dashd, so you can just wait 5 mins, OR try restarting it yourself.
Code:
sudo systemctl restart dashd
It might be several files with this issue, so keep checking the logs after restart to see what's next.

If the issue is you need to reindex, then use the DMZ to edit the dash.conf file. In there on a separate line put
Code:
reindex=1
and restart the dashd, or wait. monitor it and you should see it trying to index the chain again. Once it gets going, edit the dash.conf file and put a # infront of the reindex to comment it out, or delete that line, you can do this while the dashd is running, no worries!

For me personally, I have not been able to sync on 2GB RAM, I faced same issue as you, 4GB is the minimum these days. :(

Is it correct to restart the server with the reboot now command?
Maybe there is a script for the correct completion?

Is it correct to restart the server with the reboot now command?
Maybe there is a script for the correct completion?

Yes! It is actually. That command is executed by systemd and it will cleanly shutdown all processes, including dashd, but if dashd is all swapped out and no longer responding, after a timeout, systemd will shoot it in the head and this causes problems on the next start up.

I updated to version 18 and it gives this result !! what's wrong?

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2022-09-04 в 14.58.54.png
    Снимок экрана 2022-09-04 в 14.58.54.png
    274.3 KB · Views: 143
I updated to version 18 and it gives this result !! what's wrong?

Updated Sentinel ?

cd .dashcore/sentinel
git pull

Edit : your screenshot says you are on latest Sentinel version 1.7.1 but it also says Sentinel 'Failed'. Do you have a cron job active on Sentinel?

crontab -e

* * * * * cd ~/.dashcore/sentinel && ./venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py 2>&1 >> sentinel-cron.log

Also a bit strange that your port 9999 is closed. You could check that with a third party ip / port checker.

Last edited:
when checking the port is open!! but Sentinel does not work ((everything worked before the update!

what does this warning mean?

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2022-09-04 в 15.57.03.png
    Снимок экрана 2022-09-04 в 15.57.03.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 133
when checking the port is open!! but Sentinel does not work ((everything worked before the update!
Maybe clone the sentinel part again from the instructions ?

cd ~/.dashcore
git clone https://github.com/dashpay/sentinel.git
cd sentinel
virtualenv venv
venv/bin/pip install -r requirements.txt
venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py

Source : https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/masternodes/setup.html

You can disregard the JSON RPC warning, something will be phased out or changed at some point in a future update. Not really relevant right now.

Last edited:
I updated sentinel with DASH Zeus

The latest version of the Dash Masternode Zeus resolves this issue. I would recommend to update it. These steps should do it.

Code:
cd /tmp
git clone https://github.com/kxcd/Masternode-Zeus
chmod +x Masternode-Zeus/masternode_zeus.sh
cp Masternode-Zeus/masternode_zeus.sh ~/bin/

Did not work out (

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2022-09-05 в 11.18.33.png
    Снимок экрана 2022-09-05 в 11.18.33.png
    431.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Снимок экрана 2022-09-05 в 11.18.17.png
    Снимок экрана 2022-09-05 в 11.18.17.png