• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Logo Contest

339643b257e0.png

Is it winning?

May I propose a small adjustment then to make it more readable? This:
90a117dc15e5.png

If this is the one that wins then absolutely make this change. And for the love of god no arrows.

It is not only about normal "A" with middle dash.
It is also about font's normal width, not unnatural-exaggerated-stretched-font.
I don't know about changing the font or the A, as that is the way the logo that won is designed, whether we like it or not.

I agree the arrows are no good. And the version without the arrows was displayed on the voting page.

We'll see what eduffield says, but he has his hands full with the latest version testing, by the looks of it.

339643b257e0.png

Is it winning?

May I propose a small adjustment then to make it more readable? This:
90a117dc15e5.png

Anyone else notice that with the little gap in the A the white space actually makes a C? I wonder if the designer had that in mind when he created it.

I hope we have different color options for the logo, get peoples brain recognition working on all levels...

Red, Blue, Black, White... Silver, mother of pearl, Gold, whatever you can imagine, and then allow people to customize their wallet themselves as an option within it with whichever logo color they prefer. Friends will see their friends wallets with different colors and logos and it will be cool. It might create a little side industry like customization apps over Time too, options for contests, etc..

The more ways you see the same thing with subtle differences the more it engraves itself in the mind and in collective consciousness.

What we are creating with the brand is an island, with a business moat around it. The more space we take within peoples minds and consciousness, the bigger the island gets over Time and the bigger the moat too.

I don't know about changing the font or the A, as that is the way the logo that won is designed, whether we like it or not.

I agree the arrows are no good. And the version without the arrows was displayed on the voting page.

We'll see what eduffield says, but he has his hands full with the latest version testing, by the looks of it.

Yep, the one on the voting page is WAY better than the one with those arrows...yuck...
vote_logo1-300x300.png

Excuse me, don't want to spoil official voting, but for my personal unofficial voting , which would you choose:

339643b257e0.png

90a117dc15e5.png

292ce7b5d15f.png

I voted for #1, but only if it doesn't have the arrows in it, otherwise I'd like to cancel my vote and choose #7 which I also voted for.

Also the percentages seem to be incorrect in the results so far.

Having #7 & #8 in the same line up may divide the vote for this logo, the graduated colour would be better chosen afterwards or not, it's more a variety of the same logo imo.

Otoh posted this in the Testnet thread and on Bitcointalk. To a certain extent I agree with the bold text, the two being added to the voting process a little later probably didn't help too much either. I like both #7 and #8 but I prefer #7. I also like #1 without the arrows but I would prefer without the gap in the horizontal stroke on the "A", as I mentioned before , I see "DRSH". That said, I think I could get used to it without too much trouble.

I also like the version of #6 floating around with the vertical line taken away so that doesn't look like "GASH" at all.

I wonder if it would be possible to put the clear leaders up for a revote without introducing any logos in the middle of the voting process.

I hope we have different color options for the logo, get peoples brain recognition working on all levels...

Red, Blue, Black, White... Silver, mother of pearl, Gold, whatever you can imagine, and then allow people to customize their wallet themselves as an option within it with whichever logo color they prefer. Friends will see their friends wallets with different colors and logos and it will be cool. It might create a little side industry like customization apps over Time too, options for contests, etc..

"D"-wallets, special edition. :wink:

fe8a6f15a58b.jpg

I prefer #5 because I like the subtle arrows and the "A" for #1 looks like an "R"

I actually think the "A" on #5 is a bit too style-ized... But it's not an R. And that's good.

I think it would be good to pick the top few from this and see if people prefer a mix/match of the styles... I'm seeing a bit of division on that matter, and embody the notion myself.

/me opens a box of cigars and passes them around.

Congratulations everyone!! It's an "it" !!

Weighs around 12,9 MB and is in perfect health.

:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer #5 because I like the subtle arrows and the "A" for #1 looks like an "R"

I actually think the "A" on #5 is a bit too style-ized... But it's not an R. And that's good.

I think it would be good to pick the top few from this and see if people prefer a mix/match of the styles... I'm seeing a bit of division on that matter, and embody the notion myself.
I agree that we will probably have to tweak things a little. Things like a logo are difficult to vote because small changes can make a big difference. I think this whole process has been good to know what we all thought, via voting and via comments everywhere. Now we should give some room to designers to improve and polish as we implement the brand everywhere.

I agree that we will probably have to tweak things a little. Things like a logo are difficult to vote because small changes can make a big difference. I think this whole process has been good to know what we all thought, via voting and via comments everywhere. Now we should give some room to designers to improve and polish as we implement the brand everywhere.

How is this going to work? Will we re-vote on a few new options created by designers (based on the winning design #1)?

How is this going to work? Will we re-vote on a few new options created by designers (based on the winning design #1)?
I'm afraid we can't vote on every single detail. What I mean is that we are using that logo, but we may need to do some tweaks while implementing it. Things like adjusting thickness of fonts or colors depending on readability and things like that.

Back