• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Lamassu Integration Official Thread

@Minotaur was last seen on DT forum 5w 3d ago :eek: ...

Screwing up is one thing, being evasive and/or deceitful is quite another... potential investors or partners may question whether 'dis-ingenuity' is specific to just this proposal, or is pervasive throughout the entire Dash project.

If I was part of the core team, I would pull my finger out and start getting some answers for the community. This project had been running silent for far too long with so many fucking excuses it's not funny.

Maybe we defund all core funding until we get answers. I don't care if the news is bad. Don't leave investors in the dark or try to cover things up!!!!!

Yes, it's now 7w 2d since @Minotaur was last seen in DT forum.
I would think by now someone could have posted his bail... Then again, may be best he spend some time 'away'. :mad:

@babygiraffe @kot @tungfa Any of you hear at all from @Minotaur?

If I was part of the core team, I would pull my finger out and start getting some answers for the community. This project had been running silent for far too long with so many fucking excuses it's not funny.

Maybe we defund all core funding until we get answers. I don't care if the news is bad. Don't leave investors in the dark or try to cover things up!!!!!

Yes, it's now 7w 2d since @Minotaur was last seen in DT forum.
I would think by now someone could have posted his bail... Then again, may be best he spend some time 'away'. :mad:

@babygiraffe @kot @tungfa Any of you hear at all from @Minotaur?

yes
he is "alive" ;)
he has some personal issues to deal with and hopefully should be back in action soon

as that lasts payment went out / or is going out i believe a posting/ announcement about the lamassu project should be in the pipeline soon
sorry this is all i know about it - hang tight

Well at least if he was planning to take his ATM to the conference, that means he must have gotten it working...
at least that's good news - maybe he could post some pictures and video as he previously planned to do.

Hmm... $2000 for shipping? That means Lamassu has to include $2000 shipping fees in their pricing to customers?
I dunno, that sounds pretty high to me...

Shipping the lamassu is not cheap, the unit is about 250 lbs in the crate. I have shipped both head unit and stand and two way shipping could have been close to 2k depending on locations to and from address.

So what happened with lamassu?

Hi, We Created A Crypto Coin ATM
Oh, and did we mention we made it open source?
DOWNLOAD NOW

Cool story bro, but what does it do?
Thanks for asking! Here are a few key features

Multiple Crypto Currencies
Our ATM currently supports not only Bitcoin, but also Litecoin and Dogecoin. It also allows for users who don't have a coin wallet to print a Bitcoin wallet right from the ATM.

Open Source
Our entire codebase is open source and on GitHub. We didn't hide any code or hold anything back. If we used it in our ATM you have complete access to it.

Easy Coding
All the code for the ATM is written in HTML, JavaScript, CSS & Node. So if you are familiar with these you can quickly modify the ATM to fit your needs or just give it your own look and feel. There is a little Python used to generate the QR codes for the wallets.

Easy-To-Source Parts
All but 2 of our parts for this ATM were bought on Amazon. Heck, some of them you probably have laying around the house or shop. We break down the entire parts list below.

We built our ATM using easy-to-source parts
What's that you say? You're a busy person and don't have time to search for all the parts?
No problem, here's a shopping list!
plywood.jpg

Plywood
We built the housing for our ATM out of plywood from our local hardware store. You can really use any material you want!

computer.jpg

Computer
This is the computer we used to build our ATM. Why this specific computer you ask? Well, we just had an extra one laying around from another project. You could defiantly use another computer.

BUY THIS PART
ir

screen.jpg

Screen
For our screen we wanted something with a bit of size and it had to be touch screen, but at the same time, we didn't want to break the bank.

BUY THIS PART
ir

bill_taker.jpg

Bill Acceptor
We found this awesome bill acceptor and it works great! Takes $1, $5 & $20 bills!

BUY THIS PART
ir

board.jpg

IEIK UNO R3 Board
We needed this to connect the bill acceptor to the computer.

BUY THIS PART
ir

webcam.jpg

Webcam
The webcam is used to scan the QR code for the coin wallet. Again, the reason we chose this webcam was we had it laying around. You can defiantly find a cheap webcam.

BUY THIS PART
ir

thermal.jpg

Thermal Printer
We wanted a thermal printer for printing coin wallets that was small and inexpensive. Well we found one!

BUY THIS PART
81czv9jn0EL._SL1500_.jpg

HDMI Cable
We had to connect the screen some way! Just make sure it is TRIPLE SHIELDED and ONLY USE GOLD CONNECTORS (just kidding , use the cheapest cable you can find!)

BUY THIS PART
ir

rightangle.jpg

HDMI Right Angle Adapters
These will just make your life easier... trust us!

BUY THIS PART
ir

powerstrip.jpg

Power Strip
Hey, you gotta plug it all in some how right? You most likely have one of these somewhere in your house.

BUY THIS PART
ir

Questions?
Do you have any questions? We’ve got answers
What crypto coins does the ATM support?
Right now you can purchase Bitcoins, Litecoins and Dogecoins

What if a user doesn't have a coin wallet?
No problem. Currently our ATM supports printing of Bitcoin wallets. It prints both the public and private key for the user.

Can I use your code to build my own ATM to make money?
Of course. Currently we don't have code in place to charge any ATM fees, but these are in the plan for the future. You can always fork us on GitHub and add this functionailty yourself.

I have a suggestion/comment. How can I contact you?
You can email us at [email protected]. You can also contact John (@johnjhass) & Tony (@virelli) on Twitter.

Want To Build Your Own?
Great! Get started by download/forking us on GitHub.
DOWNLOAD NOW

@Dunedoo Very cool ! Just a coupla questions:

1. How much was total material cost to build this?
2. Can purchase Bitcoins, Litecoins and Dogecoins... Not Dash? :(
3. and last, but least... Really? and it works just fine?

LOL but we need 12 months of funding for this one o_O

@Dunedoo no need to show us a video of working product right now... maybe just promise to provide that after you 'return from vacation'.

Edit: as you seem like a trustworthy character.

Last edited:
I ask myself, "Would I trust this guy with my wallet?"

Ira.jpg

And With @Minotaur 'playing the duck' as he is, it reminds me of when buddy says:
"Trust me, I'll take care of your money like it was my own".

Last edited:
Lamassu project is over after 12 months. Did lamassu received all the Dash money? Where did all this money go? While at the same time is there no deliverable?

It is obvious that the budget system has serious accountability problems. Those problems should be adressed in a new budget protocol, where the given money should be taken back upon decision-vote of the community, in case no deliverable is available.

Last edited:
Hi, We Created A Crypto Coin ATM
Oh, and did we mention we made it open source?
DOWNLOAD NOW

Cool story bro, but what does it do?
Thanks for asking! Here are a few key features

Multiple Crypto Currencies
Our ATM currently supports not only Bitcoin, but also Litecoin and Dogecoin. It also allows for users who don't have a coin wallet to print a Bitcoin wallet right from the ATM.

Open Source
Our entire codebase is open source and on GitHub. We didn't hide any code or hold anything back. If we used it in our ATM you have complete access to it.

Easy Coding
All the code for the ATM is written in HTML, JavaScript, CSS & Node. So if you are familiar with these you can quickly modify the ATM to fit your needs or just give it your own look and feel. There is a little Python used to generate the QR codes for the wallets.

Easy-To-Source Parts
All but 2 of our parts for this ATM were bought on Amazon. Heck, some of them you probably have laying around the house or shop. We break down the entire parts list below.

We built our ATM using easy-to-source parts
What's that you say? You're a busy person and don't have time to search for all the parts?
No problem, here's a shopping list!
plywood.jpg

Plywood
We built the housing for our ATM out of plywood from our local hardware store. You can really use any material you want!

computer.jpg

Computer
This is the computer we used to build our ATM. Why this specific computer you ask? Well, we just had an extra one laying around from another project. You could defiantly use another computer.

BUY THIS PART
ir

screen.jpg

Screen
For our screen we wanted something with a bit of size and it had to be touch screen, but at the same time, we didn't want to break the bank.

BUY THIS PART
ir

bill_taker.jpg

Bill Acceptor
We found this awesome bill acceptor and it works great! Takes $1, $5 & $20 bills!

BUY THIS PART
ir

board.jpg

IEIK UNO R3 Board
We needed this to connect the bill acceptor to the computer.

BUY THIS PART
ir

webcam.jpg

Webcam
The webcam is used to scan the QR code for the coin wallet. Again, the reason we chose this webcam was we had it laying around. You can defiantly find a cheap webcam.

BUY THIS PART
ir

thermal.jpg

Thermal Printer
We wanted a thermal printer for printing coin wallets that was small and inexpensive. Well we found one!

BUY THIS PART
81czv9jn0EL._SL1500_.jpg

HDMI Cable
We had to connect the screen some way! Just make sure it is TRIPLE SHIELDED and ONLY USE GOLD CONNECTORS (just kidding , use the cheapest cable you can find!)

BUY THIS PART
ir

rightangle.jpg

HDMI Right Angle Adapters
These will just make your life easier... trust us!

BUY THIS PART
ir

powerstrip.jpg

Power Strip
Hey, you gotta plug it all in some how right? You most likely have one of these somewhere in your house.

BUY THIS PART
ir

Questions?
Do you have any questions? We’ve got answers
What crypto coins does the ATM support?
Right now you can purchase Bitcoins, Litecoins and Dogecoins

What if a user doesn't have a coin wallet?
No problem. Currently our ATM supports printing of Bitcoin wallets. It prints both the public and private key for the user.

Can I use your code to build my own ATM to make money?
Of course. Currently we don't have code in place to charge any ATM fees, but these are in the plan for the future. You can always fork us on GitHub and add this functionailty yourself.

I have a suggestion/comment. How can I contact you?
You can email us at [email protected]. You can also contact John (@johnjhass) & Tony (@virelli) on Twitter.

Want To Build Your Own?
Great! Get started by download/forking us on GitHub.
DOWNLOAD NOW

lamassu intergration was proposed 28-12-2015.
The catm.io ATM opensource project dates at least from Jan 2016.
Why nobody mentioned this before?

Last edited:
I spotted this this morning thinking how hard could it be. Good old google. I'm frustrated, as I can't buy Dash easily.
I don't want to use fiat to buy BTC then exchange it for Dash, whats the point. It needs to be easy to buy Dash.
I want to use https://www.livingroomofsatoshi.com/ to pay my bills with DASH with BPAY.

I was thinking of going out to the shed and knocking up a quick Dash ATM out of of plywood and spare parts.
Put in a budget proposal of say 2000 dash to build it, go get some BTC then trade it for Dash, load up the Dash ATM and then bingo, my problem is solved, I can buy Dash from myself using the budget funding and if anyone wants to see a working machine, I'll say I need more Dash for transport of at least 10000 dash (because its a long way from Australia) load it up on a x people smugglers boat and push it out to sea. If the tides are favourable, it should hit the states eventually (most probably later).

Back