• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash is now worth 3% of Bitcoin. Latest update was in Feb 2017. How can we make Evolution faster?

Well... You are the only responsible person for your investment decisions. You made decision on how to invest your money and you have to accept the consequences.

I think you have misunderstood the goal of this project. We do not develop our product for Dash holders and we have never promised any price increase.
Please accept that the goal of this project is to develop the best payment platform in the blockchain industry, not to provide you with an instrument for speculation on the exchanges.

Is it really the best use of your time to be replying to newbies in the General Discussion forum?

@RGXDK
I respect all community members equally, so yes, I consider it a good use of my time dedicated for presence on the forum.

Since you're participating, can you comment on the other parts of the topic? There hasn't been a single development release since February 2017 and a release to bump from 1mb to 2mb isn't major. Don't you agree we need to move a bit faster? In February 2017 we were competing only with bitcoin, but now there's Bitcoin Cash and they are not in to lose.

No, I don't agree that we need to move faster - we are progressing perfectly fine in my opinion.

As we don't develop online game for teenagers, there is no need to make an excitement every two months with new features. We develop financial, decentralised software - this needs to be developed with proper attention, tested in any possible way and be stable. Frequent releases would not be the smartest choice - especially if we are talking about stability.
Besides - we already have superior technology - probably the best on the market. We don't need more and more features but we need adoptions and integrations. This is the way to grow the project

I understand that from perspective of a person, who's only concern is the price-chart frequent releases would be the best option. Well, we have committed ourselves to develop the product - not to develop the price.
But I am pretty sure that the price will grow together with the project progress.

@kot

Okay, so there has been 10 months since the last update, and the update that is coming up is primarily a bump from 1mb to 2mb. The DIPS are all empty, we cannot see progress in development anywhere. What exactly have 23 developers and UX designers been doing for 10 months that they have nothing to show for?

@kot
Okay, so there has been 10 months since the last update, and the update that is coming up is primarily a bump from 1mb to 2mb. The DIPS are all empty, we cannot see progress in development anywhere. What exactly have 23 developers and UX designers been doing for 10 months that they have nothing to show for?

Do you have an access to our private repositories to make statements like this?

The code the developers are doing is our only competitive advantage - do you think it should be presented BEFORE completion?
I will underline once agin - quality and stability of the product is our major concern. We develop serious product, not a toy that could fail at any time and you would buy a new one. There will be no second chance if we fail with Evolution releases - this has to be simply perfect (and will be).

Do you have an access to our private repositories to make statements like this?

@kot
I said "we cannot see progress in development anywhere", so yes I can make statements like because ff your repositories are private and the only updates you can imagine releasing is code, then it follows that we won't hear anything doesn't it?

Well, I strongly disagree.
There were multiple reports being presented since February and progress discussed during quarterly calls. I would recommend to refer to them.

Well, I strongly disagree.
There were multiple reports being presented since February and progress discussed during quarterly calls. I would recommend to refer to them.

Name one major evolution update that was discussed with MNO since February.

@TroyDASH @kot

You're right, I was wrong. Here are all the updates I was complaining about https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/june-2017-dash-core-team-monthly-report.15804/ . I am admitting I was wrong about not being any updates. If I am wiling to do that, would you be willing to agree that this information might not be in the best location possible? Or that perhaps it could be moved to a different location so that other people like me would have found it easier?

I'd like to suggest an idea for improvement: a What's New section, dash.org/whats-new. Here you'd list the information exactly as @kot listed in his post that I mentioned above. Do you want to know what's new in Dash? Go do dash.org/whats-new. Would you agree that dash.org/whats-new is better than a thread in a forum?

I agree. The topmost subforum named "Official Development News and Information" is absolutely not the best location possible. It's only 99.99% perfect because you have to navigate there from the dash.org main page first, which is quite the hassle.

If my grandmother can't find the project updates within 1.3 seconds Dash will definitely fail.

I agree. The topmost subforum named "Official Development News and Information" is absolutely not the best location possible. It's only 99.99% perfect because you have to navigate there from the dash.org main page first, which is quite the hassle.

If my grandmother can't find the project updates within 1.3 seconds Dash will definitely fail.

Only downside is that the order gets all jumbled up, so if someone was asking for an extensive list of comms I would point them to the Reddit page rather than the forum.

Yes let's not make pregnancy analogies when dealing with cryptocurrencies?

No, let's do exactly that, because this analogy fully applies: Software needs to be designed, coded, tested, recoded and retested until it's mature for release. You can put 50 noob developers on that job or 5 experienced ones, but you can't magically produce 50 experienced ones out of thin air. Each one of them needs to be onboarded first, which means they have to read and understand the existing codebase. Nothing of what you've suggested so far is remotely capable of accelerating that, so the answer to your question is: Nothing. You can do nothing to speed up Evolution, unless start becoming a code-whiz with in-depth knowledge in the code within a couple of weeks.

Let's not also remove vague comments from this post, like "some things just don't take more resources". Yeah, some don't, but some do.

It's only vague if you pretend to not know exactly what I'm talking about. You started this thread with a specifc topic so when I say "some things" it's abundantly clear that I mean a big software product like Evolution. You haven't addressed my point btw, only complained about it.

How is your post helping with anything?

Ask the people who agreed with it.

It's just wasting my time replying.

I don't remember forcing you to make useless replies.

That's simply not true. Many people warned of the possibility that a malicious group of Masternodes could collude and subvert the system.

Bullshit reframing of what actually happened to fit your retarded narrative. Nobody was remotely able to anticipate this specific exploit. One of our own developers discovered it and did something about it. No one from those imaginary "many people" who didn't "warn" but only bashed in a desperate attempt to make Dash look bad. Exactly like you, iCEHOLE.

That's why Masternode Blinding was such a badly needed feature.

Bullshit. This exploit has absolutely nothing to do with MN blinding and you still desperately clinging to it after all these years only shows your pathological obsession, iCETARD.

The Dash community didn't listen to the warnings and attacked people for making predictions that have come to pass.

Bullshit. Nothing came to pass and there were no "warnings", only your retarded barks over the years which were exposed as idiotic every single time, iCEHOLE.

The Dash community ignored the fact that trusted third parties are security holes. And now that InstantSend has been destroyed by exactly that problem, DashCoreGroup is desperately hoping their workarounds and band-aids will solve what is actually a fundamental architectural problem.

Bullshit. 1) You can't ignore something that never applied in the first place. 2) LOL "destroyed". The only thing that was destroyed is your credibility, iCETARD.

Your smug assumption that Masternodes could not act in malicious groups was not backed by any research or even thorough testing. You only believed that because it confirmed your biases.

Bullshit. Nobody ever believed that. You should know that best, actually: You've begged for 1000 Dash yourself to set up a Masternode, iCECUCK.

And instead of dealing with the cognitive dissonance of being wrong, you tell yourself happy fables about how 'Nobody Could Have Predicted This' and 'It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time.'

Bullshit. We weren't wrong as the market has irrefutably proven and has irredeemably annihilated your ludicrous batshit diatribes.

You have not done anything but assume building Evolution is somehow analogous to human gestation. Where is the evidence for that?

Bullshit. Analogies don't need "evidence". I've provided a clear explanation how software development is comparable to a pregnancy, ICETURD.

There are established best practices for moving a project to an accelerated development schedule. The 'good enough' attitude underlying your proposed solution of quoting some folksy aphorism and giving up is why Evolution is so far behind schedule.

Only complete morons attempt perfection in software development. You obviously don't know how software engineering works and your lack of expertise becomes embarrassing the moment you attempt to apply it hoping no one notices you have no idea what you're talking about.

Evolution has already taken longer than 9 months. If a women was pregnant for 13 months, you better believe the father would demand an update from the OBGYN and start preparing himself for the terrible news that the baby is stillborn or at best afflicted by some congenital disorder.

In October 2015 Evolution was predicted to take 3 years until full release. Scheduled release is summer 2018. Frilled sharks have gestation periods of up to 3.5 years, so even a moron with a congenital Dash-Down-Syndrome like you might be able to see there's more than one type of pregnancy.

As a domain expert, I have no need for argument by analogy.

The only domain you're an expert in is advanced basement dwelling and neckbeard grooming.

For me, it's preferable to avoid invoking messy analogies and stick to discussing the actual facts.

Me too, that's why I only use good analogies to easier convey the facts.

In my paradigm, it's absolutely ridiculous for spin doctors like Macrochip to deflect attention away from Evolution's lack of progress by shifting the discussion to emotionally inflammatory topics like pregnant women.

You don't have a paradigm unless your paradigm is obsessive lunacy and the only spin you will experience is going to be in your grave when you've committed suicide because you couldn't handle Dash's marketcap surpassing 100 billion. Your virtue signalling tirade about anything being inflammatory other than your presence on this forum is almost as preposterous as your delusion of Evolution lacking progress.

In the "{rushing Evolution} IS LIKE {rushing gestation}" metaphor, poor put-upon Evolution becomes a sacrosanct mother-like victim beset upon by the rapacious, unrealistic expectations of greedy Dash investors.

Despite his "{being a pathetic Dash hater} MAKES ME {the savior of poor crypto investors}"-delusion, poor shat-upon iCEBREAKER becomes an object of well deserved universal disdain and ridicule robbed by himself from the slightest shred of credibility.

That's just absolutely fucking asinine. Now we've seen "muuuuh Grandmother's 90th birthday" and "you wouldn't rush an expectant mother would you" used to rationalize Evolution's slow-to-nonexistent pace of development via the shaming of critics and inquisitors.

iCECUCK, tell me: What are you? A glutton for punishment? Did you feel so alone and neglected over at Shitcointalk you had to come here for some attention? Aren't you used to loneliness from real life? Do you really need to come here on our turf to receive the smackdown of a lifetime? You've been parodied, ridiculed, humiliated, exposed and annihilated so many times that I lost count. You've been retardedly posting your puny Dash hate tirades since the price was <$2 and you're still here pretending to "warn" people after many people made 200,000% gain with Dash. You're still here after nothing you ever said came even remotely true. How much humiliation does it take for you to realize how hard you have lost?

Any self-respecting person would've bowed their head in shame the second Dash hit 100 USD, but not you, you don't let that pesky stuff get in your way, right?

@Macrochip

Yes, it's obviously not the best location. I'm advocating for a single page with summaries in descending order and this is what you're suggesting

dash page.png

Excuse me. I'm tired of your rapid fire complaint threads. All I saw you do in the last couple of days is complaining. I'm not saying "stfu", because as I said before, I tend to agree with some grievances, but you should focus on one problem at a time and stop being so damn impatient otherwise you're doing yourself a disservice by fatiguing the community's attention span resulting in you ending up ignored and achieving no improvement after all.

Excuse me. I'm tired of your rapid fire complaint threads. All I saw you do in the last couple of days is complaining. I'm not saying "stfu", because as I said before, I tend to agree with some grievances, but you should focus on one problem at a time and stop being so damn impatient otherwise you're doing yourself a disservice by fatiguing the community's attention span resulting in you ending up ignored and achieving no improvement after all.

You are on a Dash forum, on a thread titled "How can we make Evolution faster", and you think this is a complaint thread? I've started 3 threads: 1 suggesting a new forum, 1 asking how I can help getting data on proposals and 1 on how to make evolution faster. Your simple brain can't handle 3 threads and your solution is to be sarcastic in your non productive replies? Why don't you shut the fuck up then if you have nothing to add?

Back