• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash is going viral in venezuela -crossed 100,000+ signups, need your Support ,Urgent

how much dash shoud we ask for Getfreedash per month ?

• 50 dash per month

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • 75 dash

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 100 dash

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 150+ dash

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 500+ dash :)

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
Glad to see things are turning around. Persistence and determination count for a lot. This proposal is a much better size/scale. And seeing meaningful progress and success and growth make this a more attractive value proposition. Dash headed your way.

Thrilled to inform we just crossed 1000 sign ups :) , next stop 10,000 :)

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 12.22.33.png

@solarguy Thanks your donation !

just read this heartbreaking article on Venezuela, which talks about the state of cash crisis and ensuring suffering https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-fa...in-venezuela-see-exhibit-a-the-egg-1517832001 :( :(

Venezuela is perfect candidate for cryptocurrency adoption, It has good electrical & internet infrastructure owning to the prosperous 90s and lot of smartphone owners ( and most people own mobile phones ), if we can pull 1-2 million venezuelans into cryptocurrencies we are talking about a currency revolution.

we need to think of options to make make dash payments resilient to internet outages if possible, things like mesh network payment capabilities and possibly donating discounted satellite based internet gear to close the loop. Also dumb phone payments if possible.

please think of more ways to help venezuelans !

@demo good points , we will publish some stats soon but it's a bit too early for that, having said we can give out just the addresses and some one can help us in doing the chain analysis

A list of dash addresses associated with a phone number is a nice (although imperfect) proof of individuality (this applies to many countries, although it applies neither to the US nor to the UK). Can you upload this list somewhere? Only the dash addresses of the individuals of course, not their phone numbers! In case some malicious masternode owners (yes we have a lot of stupid and spies in the dash community) accuse you of posting fake addresses in the list, you may challenge them and ask them to randomly select some dash addresses. Then you will reveal to an elected (by the masternodes) committee the corresponding phone numbers, in order for the commitee to call and confirm that these dash addresses belong to real and separate individuals.

Additionaly someone should discover and upload a list of the dash addresses of whatever local (or easily accesible to the aforementioned individuals) merchants. It is very important to have a credible list of the dash addresses of real individuals, and a credible list of the dash addresses of real merchants from which the aforementioned individuals can buy.

Having these two credible lists, then you can do this: whenever an individual buys things from a dash merchant, the dash network may give him a portion of the product's cost (from the dash budget remainings). That way you incentivize people to buy and sell directly in dash, and thus the real dash economy will start. That way Dash will stop being a collectible item like the rest cryptos, and will become REAL money.

What should be the dash subsidy? The masternodes should vote the numbers, and either vote the same subsidy for all products and services (for simplicity reasons), or (if they want to be more accurate in their decision) they may vote a different subsidy for every product or service .

Last edited:
Have you considered a How to accept Dash/discoverdash.com/dashinformer.com section?
sure will be adding that soon , thanks for that :)

@GrandMasterDash we got the 5 dash required for the new proposal will be posting on 20th feb or so , will be asking for 75 dash per month. even though i love to start with 250 or more ;)

One thing we found after deeper analysis is this, we are apparently not signing up some 50 % of traffic due to telephone provider issues or whatever , we hope to sort this out soon or remind them again lil later, then we are looking at , are you ready ?? 400-500 sign ups per day :)

Last edited:
One thing we found after deeper analysis is this, we are apparently not signing up some 50 % of traffic due to telephone provider issues or whatever , we hope to sort this out soon or remind them again lil later, then we are looking at , are you ready ?? 400-500 sign ups per day :)

The better way to solve the sign up traffic problem (and the sms price issues) is to send a trustee to the target country, and install a rasberry-pi with gsm modules.

I have already a rasberry-pi ( I am using it as a tezos node), I think I can borrow a gsm module, so I can help you set up this. If you could find someone willing to go to the targeting country and install it, find also people there that could support the device in case it stucks, it would be nice.

Furthermore the service you provide is not necessarily Dash specific. You could provide the same sms-otp service to PIVX, or to whatever else crypto community is smart enough and understands the need of transforming their crypto currency from a stupid collectible item it is today, to real money used for everyday transactions.

Last edited:
a credible list of the dash addresses of real merchants from which the aforementioned individuals can buy.
Having these two credible lists, then you can do this: whenever an individual buys things from a dash merchant, the dash network may give him a portion of the product's cost (from the dash budget remainings). That way you incentivize people to buy and sell directly in dash, and thus the real dash economy will start. That way Dash will stop being a collectible item like the rest cryptos, and will become REAL money.
Have you considered a How to accept Dash/discoverdash.com/dashinformer.com section?
So there are 41 merchants in venezuela, mostly located in Caracas
https://discoverdash.com/

Which means that you should install a rasberry-gsm to Caracas, and mostly send free dash to people that reside in Caracas.

Last edited:
Great initiative, @Dashmaximalist !
I've just sent 3 Dash to fund this project.

yes confirming the same , thanks a lot. we have now crossed 10 dash , so we can do at least 2500 sign ups until end of feb.

Thanks a lot everyone ,if you are looking back for your dash once the proposal passes, i need you claim your transactions with me.

got a donation of 5 dash :) , thanks for that.

we are thinking of launching a getfreedash app, so that the whole user onboarding process is much easier and quicker ( we are planning to use flash call technology for user verification which is the super cool https://www.sinch.com/products/verification/flash-call-verification/ ). we can target countries like nigeria , ghana and india after this ,one country at a time ;).

Last edited:
Hey Dashers,

thrilled to let you know getfreedash.com just crossed 1000+ in total sign ups and getting 100+ sign ups on a daily basis now , as most of you know , i have created getfreedash.com and have even made a proposal for the same , unfortunately it failed to pass though despite getting almost 99% positive comments (some say because the amount requested was high at 250 dash per month others say its was buried deep in the proposal lot :) ) , however i continued the site with my own money.

After lot of experimentation and tweaking around, we finally cracked it, we are getting tons of traffic from venezuela, almost 100-150 sign ups per day, since sim cards are not free and cost $1 or more to get in venezuela, most of the sign ups are individual folks ( not hackers ) , we have checked the IP addresses and time stamps all point to unique user behaviour.

one a side note , Owning to the hyperinflation in venezuela $1 is average weekly pay hence people are still showing lot of interest for the giveaway.

As a testimony to our success couple of guys have even created youtube videos about getfreedash.com just recently

so far i have spent over $15,000 in building the site ,coding, giveaway and the previous failed proposal cost. Currently i am planning to spend around $2000 per month on giveaways , however i feel that might not be enough as this site is going viral and now i need support from you to go forward.

Here's my address given below , please donate generously so we can continue this project going forward till end of Feb, i am looking at 10 dash in total to run without any interruptions.

EDIT: we have received 5 dash so the proposal is back on . will post a proposal with a lower amount of 50-75 dash per month .

P.S we have all the stats like payment addresses, phone numbers ,ip addresses etc which we are happy to showcase to the core team / greencandle /MNOs / reputed people incase they want to verify

iRir0aK.png

donation link https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?Xmw8tkLBfRHgjr4UDPuDff1TnZPVZtf73m.htm

This is a great opportunity to help the folks a little and also spread dash like wildfire within the state of venezuela

Hello, congrats on your achievements!

Im from Venezuela and I can tell you that Dash is getting massive adoption downhere. Proposal like yours will help a LOT. Right now I have a proposal for a Dash Support Center (call center: https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Dash-Help-Support-Center) here in Venezuela and I can help you providing a database and setting up a sms and email campaign. Please feel free to contact me and we can do great things together!

[email protected]

Cheers.
--
Alejandro

Hello, congrats on your achievements!

Im from Venezuela and I can tell you that Dash is getting massive adoption downhere. Proposal like yours will help a LOT. Right now I have a proposal for a Dash Support Center (call center: https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Dash-Help-Support-Center) here in Venezuela and I can help you providing a database and setting up a sms and email campaign. Please feel free to contact me and we can do great things together!

[email protected]

Cheers.
--
Alejandro

sounds perfect all you need to do is get your referral link then fire up your sms and emails and let the moolah roll :)

we are ready to sign up 1000 people per day :) and once you get your proposal funded ,we can let you be our official support .

Back