• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash iPhone Wallet

I'd love to compile this baby myself, but the iOS DASH wallet source code is not available. I don't know, if you guys planned to release the source code.

The source code is available at https://github.com/QuantumExplorer/dashwallet

Anyone is free to get it and compile it themselves :)

Edit: Oh and it's a fork of breadwallet, I never updated the github markup so disregard the breadwallet references on github.

The good thing about the XCode method is that it's Apple-approved (at least implicitly, since they offer it in their own tools), so while the alternative app store route might be detrimental to further submissions, they can hardly complain about someone using their own tools. Here's some more info:

http://9to5mac.com/2015/06/10/xcode...ownload-build-and-sideload-ios-apps-for-free/

i think this is a great idea !
QuantumExplorer what do you think of that

- we make a guide how to compile your Wallet over Xcode (free App, huge download)
(so all the dummies, like me , can use it too)
- that buys us time to wait for the Foundation Name to change
- we approach iTunes whenever name is changes
- and everybody happy !
:grin:

QuantumExplorer

Awesome! i tried to build it and ran into two issues:

1. The bundle name "com.darkcoinfoundation.dashwallet..." is already occupied (probably due to your appstore submission). I replaced it to com.dashfoundation.XX at multiple locations. This solved all problems the compiler was complaining about

2. Second error occurred is this one:
dashwallet.png

Do you have an idea how to solve this one?

Best,
Rango

QuantumExplorer

Awesome! i tried to build it and ran into two issues:

1. The bundle name "com.darkcoinfoundation.dashwallet..." is already occupied (probably due to your appstore submission). I replaced it to com.dashfoundation.XX at multiple locations. This solved all problems the compiler was complaining about

2. Second error occurred is this one:
dashwallet.png

Do you have an idea how to solve this one?

Best,
Rango

I haven't really tried it, but I guess you didn't install the submodules yet. This can be done on initial checkout by running

git clone --recursive [repo]

or if you already have cloned, you can run

git submodule update --init --recursive

in the project's root folder

the-baker

Thank you very much. Running "git submodule update --init --recursive" did not solve the problem. The included module secp256k1/src/secp256k1.c is available.

Yeah, just tried it on my machine, same problem. I guess we'll have to wait for someone competent to fix this :)

Looks like you have to go into the "secp256k1" directory and run these commands:
$ ./autogen.sh
$ ./configure
$ make
$ ./tests

That fixes those warning/issues.

However, I get a "gmp.h" not found now... probably something silly...

Not so silly on the 'gmp.h' not found... but not hard to resolve.

brew uninstall gmp

wget https://gmplib.org/download/gmp/gmp-6.1.0.tar.xz
tar xvf gmp-6.1.0.tar.xz
cd gmp-6.1.0
./configure
make
make check
sudo make install

Still no joy...

ld: building for iOS simulator, but linking against dylib built for OSX, file '/usr/local/lib/libgmp.dylib' for architecture x86_64

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

... still working on it...

Cannot get it to work... tried various things...

Header Search Paths => /usr/local/include/
Library Search Paths => /usr/local/lib/
Other linker flags => -lgmp (not sure if I need/want this)

./configure CC="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang" \CPPFLAGS="-target arm64-apple-darwin -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS9.1.sdk/ -miphoneos-version-min=7.0" --host=aarch64-apple-darwin

./configure CC="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang" CPP="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -E" CPPFLAGS="-target arm64-apple-darwin -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS7.1.sdk/ -miphoneos-version-min=7.0" --host=aarch64-apple-darwin --disable-assembly --enable-static --disable-shared

make clean
make
make test

still no joy...

Managed to get gmp working.

You have to configure it with "--enable-cxx" to enable c support (which is not enabled by default). Moved it to the dashwallet directory and included it at two locations:

#include <gmp-6.1.0/gmp.h>

----

After doing all this the error we started with returned "Unknown type name 'secp256k1_context_t" :confused:

Maybe somebody is able to go one step ahead with this.

Repo should work fine now, just pull again. Though I have no idea about gmp as I'm not running into that at all.

Is anyone else having an issue there?

Repo should work fine now, just pull again. Though I have no idea about gmp as I'm not running into that at all.

Is anyone else having an issue there?

it would be great if we had a step by step guide !
:wink:

QuantumExplorer

Great, putting it on my phone worked now. You may want to change the bundle name within the github repository to something that has not been taken. So other users just have to download xcode, clone the dashwallet repo and compile it without making changes to the code.

Guys, we also could think of uploading the iOS app at signcloud.com That's basicly a app resigning service, which could bring the iOS dashwallet to users, which don't want to take the hassle to compile it themselves. Membership fee of about 15 USD per year sucks, but better than no wallet at all on iOS.

Ok sounds good.

Step 1 : Download Xcode
Step 2 : Open Terminal
Step 3 : type in commands

if you have a src directory in Documents
cd ~/Documents/src
git clone https://github.com/QuantumExplorer/dashwallet.git
cd dashwallet
git branch distribution origin/distribution
git checkout distribution
git pull

otherwise

cd ~/Documents
mkdir src
cd src
git clone https://github.com/QuantumExplorer/dashwallet.git
cd dashwallet
git branch distribution origin/distribution
git checkout distribution
git pull

Step 4 : Navigate to project in finder, open DashWallet.xcodeproj
Step 5 : Plug in phone
Step 6 : Press Run (top left play style button)

Can someone test this out for me to make sure I didn't forget anything? (I already changed the id of the project.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back