• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash iPhone Wallet

no comment
2cuvC2L.jpg

See? I was clear that it's not out yet...but you have to create a little anticipation! Thank you for posting those pics, BTW, that wallet looks fantastic!

Fixed Dashwhale iOS app is also in review since > 7 days. Apps with low amount of installs seem to take 10-20 days to pass the review process. Quite unprofessional Apple handling!

I think i'm going to have a party when an iphone wallet comes out for Dash :) Definitely a necessary.

Jeeze Louise, I can't wait until the iPhone wallet is released so I can put my laptop in cold storage (under the house)

we got a message from iTunes about some 'issues' in our application
quantum answered the revised version and text
fingers crossed again for the next round

Hello guys many of you might wonder where the iPhone wallet is, this post is to explain what's going on.

Once I submitted the app we spent about a month in the apple review queue before being told me were not approved. Then I spent about another month talking with apple about why the app was being rejected, and since they couldn't give me a reason a call was scheduled.

The reason given to me for the rejection was that we are not an approved virtual currency, when asked why we could not be an approved virtual currency I was told that the review process had been escalated and the app was not authorized for release on the app store.
When asked for a more specific reason the reply was that a specific reason could not be given, but that we are welcome to resubmit the app at a later time as the decision of the review board might change.
I also enquired as to why other currencies like Dogecoin and Digibyte were approved but we were not even though we are more used and have a higher market cap, but was told that market cap or usage did not come into play, and that a reason could not be given to me.

This is very annoying of course, and especially to me since I spent about 3 months on the app. I would have liked a clear cut answer as to why we were not accepted and others were. I won't go into specific details but I personally believe it's because of the Dark connotation in our history.

I know a lot of people here are going to be outraged, and rightly so. But please refrain from thinking what apple is doing is illegal. It's their store and they are allowed to accept whatever they want on it.

I have some hope for us being accepted at a later date once/if the foundation changes it's name, but for now do not expect an iPhone wallet in the near future even though it works very well.

It pains me a lot to make this post. I truly tried as hard as I could to get this out there. I decided to make this post once apple stopped messaging me back (been about 4 days now with no reply), I think they grew tired of repeating absolutely nothing to me.

Did apple already comment on the latest version?

they did
we are having a general problem with them in the moment
Hello guys many of you might wonder where the iPhone wallet is, this post is to explain what's going on.

Once I submitted the app we spent about a month in the apple review queue before being told me were not approved. Then I spent about another month talking with apple about why the app was being rejected, and since they couldn't give me a reason a call was scheduled.

The reason given to me for the rejection was that we are not an approved virtual currency, when asked why we could not be an approved virtual currency I was told that the review process had been escalated and the app was not authorized for release on the app store.
When asked for a more specific reason the reply was that a specific reason could not be given, but that we are welcome to resubmit the app at a later time as the decision of the review board might change.
I also enquired as to why other currencies like Dogecoin and Digibyte were approved but we were not even though we are more used and have a higher market cap, but was told that market cap or usage did not come into play, and that a reason could not be given to me.

This is very annoying of course, and especially to me since I spent about 3 months on the app. I would have liked a clear cut answer as to why we were not accepted and others were. I won't go into specific details but I personally believe it's because of the Dark connotation in our history.

I know a lot of people here are going to be outraged, and rightly so. But please refrain from thinking what apple is doing is illegal. It's their store and they are allowed to accept whatever they want on it.

I have some hope for us being accepted at a later date once/if the foundation changes it's name, but for now do not expect an iPhone wallet in the near future even though it works very well.

It pains me a lot to make this post. I truly tried as hard as I could to get this out there. I decided to make this post once apple stopped messaging me back (been about 4 days now with no reply), I think they grew tired of repeating absolutely nothing to me.

hey quantum
thanks for the detailed answer and explanation.
yes super frustrating , specially for you who did all the hard work over the last month !

we always knew that iTunes will be tricky, and in my opinion the 'dark' in Darkcoin foundation made them put us in the wrong box. (Dark as DarkMarket)

as discuss in a conference call with the team last night renaming the foundation (from Dark - Dash) is top of the list. ed and the foundation guys are discussing if they should approach them again on a different level.
I believe we gotta rename and resubmit and eventually get on .

We do not wanna hustle or pressure them in any way, as we need them 'on our side' to get past this !
:sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Outch, that's a heavy setback.

A partner of mine tried to release a mining monitoring app displaying scrypt and x11 mining data. Scrypt was ok, X11 was rejected by them. DASH & X11 seem to be on a Apple internal blacklist. Maybe due to the foundation name or due to private payment functionality. Maybe the government provided them with a list.

fernando

It might be a good idea to write a polite, official letter as a lawyer (fernando) to Apple, explaining what's going with DASH to give them some valid arguments in hand to lift the X11/DASH ban.

Best,
Rango

Last edited by a moderator:

A partner of mine tried to release a mining monitoring app displaying scrypt and x11 mining data. Scrypt was ok, X11 was rejected by them. DASH & X11 seem to be on a Apple internal blacklist. Maybe due to the foundation name or due to private payment functionality. Maybe the government provided them with a list.

fernando

It might be a good idea to write a polite, official letter as a lawyer (fernando) to Apple, explaining what's going with DASH to give them some valid arguments in hand to lift the X11/DASH ban.

Best,
Rango

If I'm not mistaken, as of iOS 9, they allow you to install apps on your iPhone via XCode, i.e. you would have to compile them yourself from source and then install on your device. It's not very user-friendly, but this way, you could get the app into the hands of a few enthusiasts at least

fernando

Best,
Rango

We are thinking about who to contact for this, but it is not a legal matter. Right now the contact has been through their development platform. Everything is quite obscure, probably because this is not a rare occurrence and they don't want people exploring other ways. If you search a little you'll see that many developers have been damaged by their apparent lack of criteria and communication. However, as QuantumExplorer has said, it is their market and they can do whatever they want. That is the problem with centralization!

If I'm not mistaken, as of iOS 9, they allow you to install apps on your iPhone via XCode, i.e. you would have to compile them yourself from source and then install on your device. It's not very user-friendly, but this way, you could get the app into the hands of a few enthusiasts at least

I didn't know that :) Another sub optimal option would be to publish it in alternative app stores, but only people who jailbreak their iPhones would be able to install it. Also, we are worried that such a move could have consequences for future submissions.

I didn't know that :) Another sub optimal option would be to publish it in alternative app stores, but only people who jailbreak their iPhones would be able to install it. Also, we are worried that such a move could have consequences for future submissions.

The good thing about the XCode method is that it's Apple-approved (at least implicitly, since they offer it in their own tools), so while the alternative app store route might be detrimental to further submissions, they can hardly complain about someone using their own tools. Here's some more info:

http://9to5mac.com/2015/06/10/xcode...ownload-build-and-sideload-ios-apps-for-free/

I'd love to compile this baby myself, but the iOS DASH wallet source code is not available. I don't know, if you guys planned to release the source code.

Back