• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Electrum Release - v0.2.4.1

I have tested RC2 with Trezor and everything went fine :grin::grin::grin:

The only problem I had is a message when installing Electrum that confused me. In the end it was a non-issue because everything is working, but someone should look at it. I'm on Ubuntu 14.04 and when installing I got a lengthy message with the terms and that stuff. At the end of that message I got this:

If you plan to use a Trezor hardware wallet
copy /home/my-user-name/electrum-dash/90-trezor.rules to /etc/udev/rules.d

However, I had no such file, so I couldn't copy it.

I also got this:

cat: /tmp/Electrum-DASH-2.4.1rc2/README-Linux-x86_64.md: No such file or directory

I'm guessing there is something that needs to be updated in the outputs of the installation script, but that is something way above my skills :smile:

I have tested RC2 with Trezor and everything went fine :grin::grin::grin:

The only problem I had is a message when installing Electrum that confused me. In the end it was a non-issue because everything is working, but someone should look at it. I'm on Ubuntu 14.04 and when installing I got a lengthy message with the terms and that stuff. At the end of that message I got this:

However, I had no such file, so I couldn't copy it.

I also got this:

I'm guessing there is something that needs to be updated in the outputs of the installation script, but that is something way above my skills :smile:

I wasn't trying a hardware wallet or anything, basically just installing the wallet on my machine. I'm running ubuntu 15.10 and when I first start the wallet I get these error message in my terminal.

Code:
Error: Cannot read config file.
/tmp/_MEIARVqkL/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libproxy.so.1)
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so

(electrum-dash-x86_64.bin:3523): Gtk-WARNING **: GModule (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules/im-ibus.so) initialization check failed: GLib version too old (micro mismatch)

(electrum-dash-x86_64.bin:3523): Gtk-WARNING **: Loading IM context type 'ibus' failed

(electrum-dash-x86_64.bin:3523): Gtk-WARNING **: GModule (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules/im-ibus.so) initialization check failed: GLib version too old (micro mismatch)

(electrum-dash-x86_64.bin:3523): Gtk-WARNING **: Loading IM context type 'ibus' failed

But the install wizard still opens and the wallet starts up fine. At first it was having trouble connecting to the network, but when I restarted the client it connected right away. Not really sure where to report any bugs or errors I get, so I posted it here. If someone wants to point me to the right place would kindly report any findings I may get.

I wasn't trying a hardware wallet or anything, basically just installing the wallet on my machine. I'm running ubuntu 15.10 and when I first start the wallet I get these error message in my terminal.

Code:
Error: Cannot read config file.
/tmp/_MEIARVqkL/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libproxy.so.1)
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so

But the install wizard still opens and the wallet starts up fine. At first it was having trouble connecting to the network, but when I restarted the client it connected right away. Not really sure where to report any bugs or errors I get, so I posted it here. If someone wants to point me to the right place would kindly report any findings I may get.

Tx buster, i point the right people your way
kot :wink: pinged on slack

Rob provided an answer already:

This issue is present in all the versions of Electrum we have produced, and Upstream original source. I have not seem this fixed yet.

It is some error between PYQT, and GTK.

QT & GTK are competing graphics toolkits. GTK runs on stock Ubuntu (mint, gentoo, more) as part of GNOME Desktop Manager.

This type of error could take many man-hours to locate. It's not marked "wontfix" but..its purely cosmetic, so it is low priority. If it's run from the desktop start menu, no console is open thus the error is invisible. Only those running from cli should see this.

The long term plan for all of our python based GUIs is to move them from QT to Kivy. Timeframe here is dependent fully on our ability to raise funds to accomplish. Switching to Kivy will bring us iOS & Android versions, as Kivy is fully multiplatform.

Here's to Kivy

champgn.toast_GP0472-834x1024.jpg

Zero issues running Electrum thus far on OSx Mavericks 10.9.2!

I just imported a dash priv key from Dash Core into Dash Electrum and it worked perfectly. It's super easy, here's how it's done if you wanna give it a go.

1) Get your private key. You can do that by watching the video I posted in other comment. Or with your dash wallet open, go to menu at top < tools < debug console. A window should open.

2) now in the command type in dumpprivkey your-dash-address - it will output your private key associated to that address.

3) Open dash electrum. Go to menu at top < file < new/restore. A window pops up to create a new wallet. Click the option that says 'restore a wallet or import keys'. Click next.

4) In this next screen enter your private key you got from the dash core wallet. Click next.​

Your coins are now on dash-electrum.
*edit we ain't drummers here.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: drumpprivkey does not work :wink:

It works if you wanna get your blood flowing! That's my 5th typo this morning on a post, somethings gotta be wrong with me today!

On a side note: I just did the drumpprivkey and a David Grohl video popped up.

I can test Ledger wallet compatibility if the next release includes "btchip" support like Electrum 2.x

I've got a couple servers I'd be glad to setup for Electrum. Who here is running one? I'd be more than happy to spin up one or two.
I suspect the procedure is "exactly" the same as BTC?

Last edited by a moderator:
How are Electrum Servers on DN ?
are there any ?
can we ?
should we ?

anyone can share an outlook when the first electrum final version will be provided or will there be a RC3?

I have updated https://www.dash.org/downloads/ - Electrum Dash 2.4.1 is available.

Please do a sanity check and let me know if you find any issues.

hmm ?? what do you mean? I just checked and my version is 2.4.1rc2 just like I downloaded ages ago from the dash.org. I'd gladly do a sanity check if you explicit what's needed to check in order to ascertain non-insanity :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back