• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Electrum Release - v0.2.4.1

Dash Electrum Update:

Release Candidate 1 Communication
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/...y=DAS&title=Release Candidate 1 Communication

We had a communication glitch with the Electrum version released yesterday ! It was actually a first Release Candidate (still under construction) and not a final version.

The development is still in progress and we need to identify issues in the current RC version. Feel free to help our testing team in the RC testing process and report your findings in the following thread: https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-electrum-v0-2-4-1-support.6498/ or directly in the github repository: Https://github.com/mazaclub/electrum-dash/issues.
A new build is available for you to test, links below.

Some information you should be aware of during the testing:
  • This is not a debug-console release (console windows should not appear as app is run).
  • Auto-connecting is now enabled by default.
  • Fees that are above standard should display a dialog, which allows to cancel transaction. To display fees at all times, manual fee setting can be enabled (in settings dialog).
  • To address non-selectable text in QT dialog, here is a Settings option to show transactions before broadcasting. That will display the TxID and other relevant info in a selectable/copyable manner.
  • DRK servers cannot be renamed by other than their operators. Additions are, of course, simple.
  • Unverified transactions should show correctly after client has received.
  • Icons were not available for this build but will be present in the next build.
  • Readme files for installers will be present in the next build as well.
  • There is a known issue with pyinstaller creating binaries for OSX that may fail on machines that are configured similar to our build host, with macports installed.
    • OSX attempts to load 2 copies of QT dylibs, causing a segfault.
    • workaround is to temporarily make macports unavailable in OSX's dylib search path by moving it. This, in most cases, requires sudo permissions. (macports can be moved back into place immediately after Electrum-Dash is fully running - only startup is affected).
    • We are working this week to change the build system to use Homebrew instead of macports - This will have the added benefit of allowing our build system to execute on Travis-CI infrastructure, providing build automation.

Source Code
https://github.com/mazaclub/electrum-dash/

OSX Installer
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/downloads.maza.club/Electrum-DASH-Installer_2.4.1_beta1.pkg

Linux Command Line Installer
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/...m-DASH-2.4.1_beta1_Linux_x86_64-Installer.bin (requires sudo for system install, without for user directory install - chmod +xand run. Self extracting tarball/installer script, cat to view script.

Windows Installer
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/downloads.maza.club/Electrum-DASH-2.4.1_beta1-Windows-setup.exe

kot

Last edited by a moderator:
One day we will get a proper code signing certificate... One day!!!!??? Soon...???

Is this electrum wallet functioning? Can I send/receive dash.

I've installed it but skeptical to use funds with. Is development still ongoing? Is budget still paying for dev?

Is this electrum wallet functioning? Can I send/receive dash.

I've installed it but skeptical to use funds with. Is development still ongoing? Is budget still paying for dev?

this version is working for me (on Mac)
but i know there should be a new (even final) release coming out soon
kot knows more on this

kot do you think that electrum support for masternodes is in the cards?

Pablo.

Evan told me that he wants to work on this in the next couple of months. This will be a big advantage for us :).
I am not sure yet if we will work on this as our internal project or with Mazaclub. I need to figure this out.

Whether through Electrum or the Core client, we desperately need a way to offline start/sign masternodes by means of an airgapped PC or hardware wallet. Storing 1000DASH private keys directly on any networked PC is a huge security risk.

I doubt any serious BTC holder regularly exposes private keys worth thousands of $ on a networked computer. Just having Electrum with Trezor support for plain cold storage does not make a difference except for users with less than 1000Dash, for which the risk of getting their money stolen is lower, anyway.

Big investors in Dash also need to be able to start masternodes securely. It is the main reason they would decide to hold a large position Dash in the first place.

So I think it boils down to this: Someone using a Trezor probably wants to hold more than 1K Dash on it, which means he also wants to start a masternode. So Trezor support is pretty pointless without masternode support, IMO. Now if the Dash price went up 10X or more, then I can see sub-1K Dash amounts being valuable enough to deserve offline storage.

Whether through Electrum or the Core client, we desperately need a way to offline start/sign masternodes by means of an airgapped PC or hardware wallet. Storing 1000DASH private keys directly on any networked PC is a huge security risk.

I doubt any serious BTC holder regularly exposes private keys worth thousands of $ on a networked computer. Just having Electrum with Trezor support for plain cold storage does not make a difference except for users with less than 1000Dash, for which the risk of getting their money stolen is lower, anyway.

Big investors in Dash also need to be able to start masternodes securely. It is the main reason they would decide to hold a large position Dash in the first place.

So I think it boils down to this: Someone using a Trezor probably wants to hold more than 1K Dash on it, which means he also wants to start a masternode. So Trezor support is pretty pointless without masternode support, IMO. Now if the Dash price went up 10X or more, then I can see sub-1K Dash amounts being valuable enough to deserve offline storage.
So true.
I know a couple of people who have the coins but they do not start the masternodes only because of this reason.

Completely right. Getting masternodes on Trezor should be high priority.

Pablo.

So - you want me to carry around, yet another device??
ugh

Not exactly. I believe the majority of Trezor users do not actually carry it around, but rather keep it in a safe most of the time. There are easier, slightly-less-secure ways of carrying smaller amounts of "spending c(D)ash."

Moreover, the action of starting a masternode is *hopefully* not something that will be needed often enough to merit carrying around your life savings with you everywhere you go.

There are many high priorities (and so few people to do it) :)
One step after another - kindly please test RC2 carefully (especially with Trezor) and share your feedback here.
Here is the short manual: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Using+Trezor+with+Dash
When it is stable, we will make a full release and work on other functionalities.

Back