• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core v0.13 on Testnet

Liz R

For those not yet aware, a release candidate for Dash Core v0.13 has been introduced to testnet. You can check out feature details in the Product Brief, but highlights include:
  • Automatic InstantSend for simple transactions

• Deterministic masternode list

• Special transactions

• Masternode voting key

• PrivateSend improvements
Details on how to test can be found in this post.

Version 0.13 will be on testnet for several weeks before being released to mainnet. The exact date for the mainnet release has not yet been decided.

Please elaborate.

I saw this in a message on discord:

USER: I just saw a PS transaction get an IS autolock! Spork 16 is enabled on testnet!

So it seems private send transactions will be eligible for upgrade to IS?

"SPORK_16_INSTANTSEND_AUTOLOCKS": 0

Might interest you. Wish I had more light to shed just digging into the parts and pieces myself.

I was that user! And yes, some simple transactions are automatically locked, including sending Dash from four or less inputs, some mixing transactions or even the ProTx special transactions used for DIP3 masternode setup.

Sporks are listed here, 0 means enabled in this case ("spork active" is a more useful command in many cases)

The PS improvements include introduction of an additional denomination of .001 Dash, increase of maximum rounds to 16 and mixing speed improvements. It's really super fast now - get on testnet and give it a try.

We, Dash Electrum team, work on updates for ElectrumX and Dash Electrum necessary, to support 0.13 release. If everything would be ok, we will release updates the same day as 0.13 would be deployed onto mainnet.

Note: Dash Electrum server maintainers would be required to upgrade ElectrumX.

PS improvements include introduction of an additional denomination of .001 Dash, increase of maximum rounds to 16 and mixing speed improvements. It's really super fast now - get on testnet and give it a try.

Nice... I think we still need a mass dust combiner/garbage collection operating mode of PS in a deliberately massive transaction with thousands of pieces of dust from a bunch of users at once to make a rolling sweep of every last duff into PS, and not be able to tell where it came from.

Instead of 3 in the moment, deliberately wait for a ton of participants (not a problem because your dust just sits there anyway) so there's no way to know which was whose... Base it on time or number of participants VINs, or both... Makes masternodes blinding mosre important...

Isn't it already possible to do 16 if you use the client/dash.conf?

Back