• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH away from and shake off that dum ideal

I don't know what the word "fungibility" means, and I dont wnat to know. It should be deleted from the English language, as I see it being used to make excuses for stupidity

I don't know what the word "fungibility" means, and I dont want to know. It should be deleted from the English language, as I see it being used to make excuses for stupidity

He makes a video saying he doesn't want to use Dash because the anonymous mixing could be associated with criminals when the cash that he is using probably has way more criminals that touched it than he even realizes. If Craig is concerned about anonomity, he should get rid of all his cash. Use only bank cards, but even then some banks are criminals, steal peoples money with fees. People earn money, give it to someone else for safe-keeping, then when you want access to it, they charge you fees so that you can have access to the hard money that you earned. Oh and if there is a bank run, like what happened in Greece or another bank bailout, kind of sucks if you can't get your money out. The whole reason why Bitcoin and cryptos exists, is that so you can have control of your own money, and not the banks. Many people in the world don't have bank accounts or can't even get one. Look at Africa, they all have mobile phones. Something like Dash would revolutionize sending money to someone instantanously from anywhere in the world for basically free.

Last edited by a moderator:
He makes a video saying he doesn't want to use Dash because the anonymous mixing could be associated with criminals when the cash that he is using probably has way more criminals that touched it than he even realizes. If Craig is concerned about anonomity, he should get rid of all his cash. Use only bank cards, but even then some banks are criminals, steal peoples money with fees. People earn money, give it to someone else for safe-keeping, then when you want access to it, they charge you fees so that you can have access to the hard money that you earned. Oh and if there is a bank run, like what happened in Greece or another bank bailout, kind of sucks if you can't get your money out. The whole reason why Bitcoin and cryptos exists, is that so you can have control of your own money, and not the banks. Many people in the world don't have bank accounts or can't even get one. Look at Africa, they all have mobile phones. Something like Dash would revolutionize sending money to someone instantanously from anywhere in the world for basically free.
So much fear, be free and have fun, like me

If that's how you feel, you should stop accepting donations in Dash, because Dash is anonymous and you will never know where the money has been. That also applies to cash, by the way.
This video is not about me, I am speaking from the point of view of the general public, me personally, I don't care about anything

So much fear, be free and have fun, like me

Dude I probably have more Ether than you ;)

And by the way,

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” ”Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.” ”He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.” - Ben Franklin

Remember guys, everyone is entitled to an opinion! Dash more than anything is about freedom, lets not lose sight of that.

Craig, I know everyone has said it in one form or another already, but I just want to say that privacy, not necessarily anonymity, is very important to human life, right down to how we act, what we'll buy, etc... if we know we're essentially being watched. There is always something about your inner personal desires that you don't want to expose to the world. I have a couple of hobbies that I don't want to share to the world because they kind of equate me with being what would equal a "cat lady" When someone says "oh, she's an old cat lady" do you have respect for her anymore? Probably not, you probably think she's a simple old and lonely lady who's only friends are cats. My old lady hobby is only one of many, but that particular one would paint me a certain way to people, and I don't want to share that. As a kid, I liked a band that my friends teased me for, so I hid that fact as well. We all have secrets, they may be benign and innocent, but they are still things that are a part of ourselves that we don't want to expose or else, we would feel inclined to change that part of ourselves. And that would be a horrible thing.

Dash anonymity is a choice. I can tell you, I've gotten a TON of flack for being involved here. This includes ridicule, and pressure to stop being involved from friends and family - because they think it's dangerous and possibly illegal. But in this case I'm open to some, and I hide it from others. So then I'm free to pursue my passions as I see fit.

And that's not even addressing the need for all coins to be fungible, equal and uncolored, so that a person accepting Dash will know that their Dash is equal to any other Dash on the network. This need is an absolute requirement for a monetary unit and Bitcoin fails at this.

Finally, I think people will slowly understand how protected their personal information is, under Evolution - which is only accessible to the user unless the user decides to publish it, and for 99.9% of the people, this will feel just fine to them, the rest can run a full node or use a centralized app.

In the meantime, I propose this is the least interesting aspect to Dash. I also see no reason to feel tainted, as if using Dash means you must be doing something improper, just because it's fungible. Do you feel that way when you use cash? Trust me, that cash has seen more drug deals than Dash will for many years to come.

But I love your blog, it speaks! And I think you can really reach people that way, thanks for doing it! I hope you'll continue with doing blogs, maybe, if we've convinced you the importance of privacy, your next blog can update this one?

When you make suggestions about possible investments in your videos you might think about doing some research about what it is you are suggeting, at the least for the sake of your listeners. Or put a disclaimer that "you don't do research" - I've injoyed your shows for the most part but you might be barking up the wrong tree here.

I don't know what the word "fungibility" means, and I dont wnat to know. It should be deleted from the English language, as I see it being used to make excuses for stupidity

Simply, it means that each unit is exactly the same as the next unit. Like one ounce of 99.9% gold is the same value as another ounce of 99.9% gold. So if a bitcoin comes out of the account of a known drug dealer, many people don't want to accept it. it makes them look like they have something to do with that drug dealer. Coinbase already banned coins coming from known gambling sites. This created a double tier system where freshly mined bitcoin were worth more than older bitcoins, which were worth more than bitcoins that came from dubious sources. So then came a bunch of "laundering" services where they mix your coins for you with others and then you have clean bitcoin again. Laundering services make Bitcoin fungible again unless coins can be tracked to those sites in the future, and places start to reject them as well, after all, why do you need to wash your bitcoin?

Dash has this in it's core protocol. You don't need to use it if you want to show everything that happens in your wallet, which would be a nice feature if you're a charity or something, but you can use it to increase your privacy. Does that make sense?

When you make suggestions about possible investments in your videos you might think about doing some research about what it is you are suggeting, at the least for the sake of your listeners. Or put a disclaimer that "you don't do research" - I've injoyed your shows for the most part but you might be barking up the wrong tree here.

Or maybe get more insight from us before posting, but I can totally see how asking questions gives you completely incorrect information too, LOL, so personally, I'd make your blog organic, and if we've convinced you of the importance of privacy, your next blog can be, hey, you know, I learned something about this anonymity thing since my last post, and now I see there is an important function to it....etc... At least I hope we convinced you there :D

I can say that these are basic foundational properties of money that are well known, and all must abide by, including the Federal Reserve or any monetary issuing body, and although the banks want to do away with cash, until they come up with something just as private, it will never work. Unless it's real crypto that is fungible.

But then again, I want to say again, I really like your down to earth style. This space is so full of techno geeks, but you're speaking to normal people and that's so super! I'm following you now ;)

Back