• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash ATM Pre/Possible Proposal Discussion

Another idea would be a monthly payout to ATM owners running a live cam from outside of their premises. I can say from personal experience, they can be very popular, and most definitely when it's snowing! Don't ask me why, but people love cams.

So anyway, a live cam with a suitable image overlay. Could be easily embedded into other pages. Provides residual income to operator plus adds exposure to their own business. It doesn't have to be a large payout, just enough to keep them interested.

@TanteStefana I would say that if you are serious about this proposal, go do some homework. Talk to Lamassau about what discounts would be effective, what they would be willing to do themselves (e.g., match our discount dollar for dollar... install the Dash software, etc. After all, they have something to gain if it helps sell more hardware and services). Talk to ATM operators (big ones) about what discount would make it worthwhile for them. Talk to other experts in the ATM space to get recommendations on the best approach. A bunch of us with ideas on a forum are no match for people in the ATM industry for formulating something that will be effective for as little investment as possible.

If you do your homework and can actually estimate the impact, this could be a very interesting proposal and well aligned with the strategy to improve fiat access.

I don't think so, that's not how word of mouth works. Even if they see just a few transactions per week, those customers might be very loyal, outspoken or popular people. An ATM in a remote location might be "talk of the town" and every new ATM adds to the grand total. ATMs in remote areas could be seen as a plus; providing utility where others dare not... that could be turned into good marketing.

I am much more concerned about live data capture because I really wouldn't want that to be used against us in privacy debates.

But I have another idea...
That's an interesting point about loyal / more human scale locations. Not sure how it would be used against Dash in a privacy debate? Most of these ATMs are one direction : Fiat => Crypto so that it's like selling a product, not money changing.

@TanteStefana I would say that if you are serious about this proposal, go do some homework. Talk to Lamassau about what discounts would be effective, what they would be willing to do themselves (e.g., match our discount dollar for dollar... install the Dash software, etc. After all, they have something to gain if it helps sell more hardware and services). Talk to ATM operators (big ones) about what discount would make it worthwhile for them. Talk to other experts in the ATM space to get recommendations on the best approach. A bunch of us with ideas on a forum are no match for people in the ATM industry for formulating something that will be effective for as little investment as possible.

If you do your homework and can actually estimate the impact, this could be a very interesting proposal and well aligned with the strategy to improve fiat access.
Oh dear, I'm more of an instigator than a doer (blushes in shame) I got my hands full at home, LOL. But I'll see if I can't do some research to see if this idea might hold water???

We could also do something similar with soda machines :p

Oh dear, I'm more of an instigator than a doer (blushes in shame) I got my hands full at home, LOL. But I'll see if I can't do some research to see if this idea might hold water???

We could also do something similar with soda machines :p
You can always ask for volunteers to delegate to if you don't have the capacity or desire to pursue this idea, but are willing to manage the steps. You could also propose this to Daniel to see how much room he has on his plate (probably not much)... it is business development and a good use case for the fiat gateways project he has been managing, so this could be in his wheelhouse.

That's an interesting point about loyal / more human scale locations. Not sure how it would be used against Dash in a privacy debate? Most of these ATMs are one direction : Fiat => Crypto so that it's like selling a product, not money changing.

I thought maybe there was an idea of paying out based on ATM usage.. and I wouldn't want logging of individual transactions to verify they are real.

interesting ideas above
but
i am not sure if any work - sorry - no offence

i do not believe it is about that 1 ATM sitting in nowhere and paying the owner to keep it up and alive
i think it is all about creating an ecosystem around that ATM to make it usable and suitable !

so i would save those funds and work on the "ecosystem" (merchants integration + 'collecting' merchants)
if ATM x is in coffeeshop Y who is accepting Dash + neighbour shop selling Magazines and cigarettes (accepting Dash) + Computer store .... + Mobile Store ....
+ Restaurant .....
Ecosystem in place + ATM busy = Owner happy ! :rolleyes:

interesting ideas above
but
i am not sure if any work - sorry - no offence

i do not believe it is about that 1 ATM sitting in nowhere and paying the owner to keep it up and alive
i think it is all about creating an ecosystem around that ATM to make it usable and suitable !

so i would save those funds and work on the "ecosystem" (merchants integration + 'collecting' merchants)
if ATM x is in coffeeshop Y who is accepting Dash + neighbour shop selling Magazines and cigarettes (accepting Dash) + Computer store .... + Mobile Store ....
+ Restaurant .....
Ecosystem in place + ATM busy = Owner happy ! :rolleyes:

I agree, but I think we are talking here about DASH ATM not as "profitable enterprise" but as "Promo billboard".
I will be happy if Dash network sponsors placing DASH ATMs in some "very special places" - for example to the Amsterdam Airport (Schiphol) to let thousands of new people to see this picture next to it - every day.
f8e460804e44.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, but I think we are talking here about DASH ATM not as "profitable enterprise" but as "Promo billboard".
I will be happy if Dash network sponsors placing DASH ATMs in some "very special places" - for example to the Amsterdam Airport (Schiphol) to let thousands of new people to see this picture next to it - every day.
f8e460804e44.jpg
Wouldn't that be cool? Space, even a kiosk, at an airport is at a premium, beyond premium though. I'd hate to think what it would cost to put a stand against the wall at LAX Tom Bradley International Terminal LOL. It would be awesome though!!!

I would be opposed to underwriting purchase/maintenance of a DASH atm machine that would dispense fiat.
This would require high maintenance and be costly for the man-hours necessary.
Depletion of the fiat supply within the machine would generate ill-will, a stuffed machine could encourage outright theft.
Merchants and masternodes/active nodes in-country would be the best option.
T-shirts/signage... all that sort of thing.
Use DASH ! Accept DASH !

Very good research in the OP... it does require repetitive advertising to gain recognition. This is why junk mail is the most cost effective advertisement, when tied in with other forms of advertising, in a well directed campaign that is focused on a target group.

YMMV
rc

Back