• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash AeroSports Sponsorship and Businesses Developement

DashRacer

Dash Nation,

Dash AeroSports intends to present a continuation of our sponsorship and business deleopement activites. We intended to have the pre proposal posted already, Currently we are engaged in bringing 2 multinational business, 1 national and 2 smaller local businesses to the Dash business network. Focusing on these task have delayed our publication of the proposal. We hope to close out 2 of these today and follow shortly with our proposal to the community. Regards, Scott @DashRacer

I will definitely vote Yes again. And I would think that all the MNs who paid attention to your work will do sas wellll.

Yes from me, you have being a big Value to the Dash eco System and it was gread to meet you in person in London and see your passion for Airraceing and Dash

@DashRacer

Will vote NO, easily. Somehow you have convinced the network to pay you $90,000 per month for you to fly around a plane in the middle of nowhere with a barely visible Dash logo and the expectation is that people will buy a cryptocurrency after seeing you doing acrobatics.

To those 2 MNOs saying they'd vote yes... why? Seriously, I really want to understand what possible logical and reasonable justification you have to vote yes. Being "passionate" about Dash isn't an argument, bringing 4 unnamed business isn't too. This would have to bring 45,000 new customers to Dash per month for to be remotely beneficial to the network and I will be surprised if it brings 45.

@DashRacer

Will vote NO, easily. Somehow you have convinced the network to pay you $90,000 per month for you to fly around a plane in the middle of nowhere with a barely visible Dash logo and the expectation is that people will buy a cryptocurrency after seeing you doing acrobatics.

To those 2 MNOs saying they'd vote yes... why? Seriously, I really want to understand what possible logical and reasonable justification you have to vote yes. Being "passionate" about Dash isn't an argument, bringing 4 unnamed business isn't too. This would have to bring 45,000 new customers to Dash per month for to be remotely beneficial to the network and I will be surprised if it brings 45.

I wish you would not keep repeating this when it has been explained many times that the few minutes the dash logo is in the air is probably the least important/valuable aspect of this proposal compared to the hours and days worth of time it is on the ground and there is a whole team attracting crowds at the site, interviews, collaborating with the Dash-GAP proposal, on top of the work Scott has done for us on the business side such as the ATM network in Florida. Have you actually been following this?

Secondly, when Scott proposed this to the network, the value of Dash was $90 which would put the requested amount at $25000 per month not $90000.

Secondly, when Scott proposed this to the network, the value of Dash was $90 which would put the requested amount at $25000 per month not $90000.

Then why didnt you vote a proposal that refers to dollars?
Why you didnt downvote the proposal when the dash price increased and make a new proposal/contract with Aerosports with less dash or referenced in dollars?

It is simply because the majority of the MNOs who voted this are either spies or stupid.
And especially the MNOs who keep their vote on this proposal, after the huge increase of dash price, are definitely stupid or spies.
And I congratulate Scott for fooling the stupid MNOs. I would do the same if I were him. Stupids deserve to be fooled.

Last edited:
I wish you would not keep repeating this when it has been explained many times that the few minutes the dash logo is in the air is probably the least important/valuable aspect of this proposal compared to the hours and days worth of time it is on the ground and there is a whole team attracting crowds at the site, interviews, collaborating with the Dash-GAP proposal, on top of the work Scott has done for us on the business side such as the ATM network in Florida. Have you actually been following this?

First, if he requested $25k/month and got $90k/month, why is he requesting more money then? Core hasn't requested money because they still have plenty from previous budgets.
Second, those team crowds you speak of where you can only see 12 people, need to have at least 12,500 for this to be worthwhile.
Third, if acrobatics is the least important part, then why not drop it altogether and make the proposal on all the other work he claims to have done (that I haven't heard of).

I am clearly lacking crucial information here because I cannot possibly vote yes on this based on what I see. Look at his topic, he is offering to possibly "bring" 5 unnamed new businesses for $90,000.... $90,000 was the whole Dash budget 1 year ago.

First, if he requested $25k/month and got $90k/month, why is he requesting more money then? Core hasn't requested money because they still have plenty from previous budgets.
Second, those team crowds you speak of where you can only see 12 people, need to have at least 12,500 for this to be worthwhile.
Third, if acrobatics is the least important part, then why not drop it altogether and make the proposal on all the other work he claims to have done (that I haven't heard of).

I am clearly lacking crucial information here because I cannot possibly vote yes on this based on what I see. Look at his topic, he is offering to possibly "bring" 5 unnamed new businesses for $90,000.... $90,000 was the whole Dash budget 1 year ago.

We don't know the details about what will be involved with these businesses yet, nor do we know the asking price for the upcoming proposal, so I would reserve judgment until we do.

The time spent in the air may be the least important part but it would not be worth Scott's time without that. He's not going to have a different main sponsor and then spend all his time and resources pushing for Dash instead of his other sponsor.

About the rollover budget because of exchange volatility, I don't think proposal owners are necessarily obligated to do this. A lot of times the actual cost is paid out up front even though the proposal extends multiple months (I would be willing to bet that Scott fronted/set aside the entire cash himself at the beginning of the proposal as opposed to spending it in chunks each time after the payment). Additionally, Scott did increase the scope of his work (dash bus, additional airshow I think) in order to provide added value. I'll let Scott speak to this

I'd be interested to know how many visitors the dash aerosports team interacts with. Have you been to airshows? They are often all day or multi-day events and there are constantly people visiting the different areas. I have no idea how this would be measured though, perhaps Scott can provide an estimate or some other means of trying to capture some more data.

About the rollover budget because of exchange volatility, I don't think proposal owners are necessarily obligated to do this.
Of course proposal owners are not obligated.
This is the job of the (stupid) MNOs.
They should downvote whatever multi month proposal gets too much money due to the increase of the price of dash.
But MNOS dont do that, simply because they are COMPLETLY stupid (or spies).

Cut from Discord:
@M.... we started out with a "below cost" budget and tried to match value with Dash's gain in market value. We did get caught with some swings in price where we added the Dash Bus, additional Rome GA airshow, Bus, Trailer Wraps, Virtual Reality experience, Boston Max Kieser Report trip, etc and then dash dropped back to $285.

Reno Air Races: Total Team commitment 3 weeks. 7am till 8pm every day. Event was 250,000 spectators and an estimated 1.2 million for NBC sports. (We purchased additional exposure for Dash during televised event) Social media, news interviews, business development relationships.

Oshkosh 2017 Air Show: 850,000 spectators. Worlds largest air show.

Rome GA airshow: 176,000 spectators

These are only 3 of our events. Remaining report will be attached to the new proposal.

DASH logo: The entire Jet is a huge DASH.org -digital cash billboard. Not sure what is meant by "barely visible"?

Thank you again for the support of the Dash Community

Cut from Discord:
@M.... we started out with a "below cost" budget and tried to match value with Dash's gain in market value. We did get caught with some swings in price where we added the Dash Bus, additional Rome GA airshow, Bus, Trailer Wraps, Virtual Reality experience, Boston Max Kieser Report trip, etc and then dash dropped back to $285.

This up/down of the dash price is yet another reason why the MNOs should be allowed to (dynamically) vote the numbers.

I too do not want to have a "windfall" with setting a proposal today and having a run-up in value over several months. Windfall relationships never last and I don't think in the short-term. Dash AeroSports is working to ensure a long-term relationship. I was thinking we reduce monthly proposal timeframe. Request a single payment which "locks in" the USD value to that payment. Payment of X dash for X months. That way, in months to follow we also have a "hard" budget that allows me to hire and plan accordingly.

Oh yes Mr. RGXDK, you will be surprised.

Seeing the airplane in the sky is a drop in the bucket compared to the rest.

You know they're working on a docu-drama too right?

All in good time...

Oh yes Mr. RGXDK, you will be surprised.

Seeing the airplane in the sky is a drop in the bucket compared to the rest.

You know they're working on a docu-drama too right?

All in good time...

Docu-drama!

Do not call it a "reality show" when the producer is around! Ask me how I know :(

Cut from Discord:

Reno Air Races: Total Team commitment 3 weeks. 7am till 8pm every day. Event was 250,000 spectators and an estimated 1.2 million for NBC sports. (We purchased additional exposure for Dash during televised event) Social media, news interviews, business development relationships.

Oshkosh 2017 Air Show: 850,000 spectators. Worlds largest air show.

Rome GA airshow: 176,000 spectators

These are only 3 of our events. Remaining report will be attached to the new proposal.

DASH logo: The entire Jet is a huge DASH.org -digital cash billboard. Not sure what is meant by "barely visible"?

Thank you again for the support of the Dash Community

Let's work out some numbers. I want to be clear that I have nothing against you personally.

Round up to 1 million spectators for the world's largest air show. Spectator is anyone who has watched any part of the show.

- What % of these people do you think were paying attention to your particular show? 2%? Let's go ahead with 15% = 150,000 people.
- What % of do you think learned enough about a cryptocurrency by watching a logo during your 8 minutes of flight? Or maybe what % of these people remembered to go home and google Dash digital cash? 1-2%? Let's go head with 10% (150,000 *0.1) = 15,000 people
- What % do you think actually bought Dash or decided to install the wallet? 1-2%? Let's do 10% again = 1,500 people.

Now instead of 15%, 10% and 10% the numbers are probably 2%, 1% and 1% (=200 people), but let's imagine 1,500 people. We are paying you $90,000 a month for an acquisition cost of $60 per person (optimistically) or $450 (realistically).

How can anyone justify this investment? If my numbers are incorrect, then show me the real numbers and I'd be happy to change my mind. If we don't have any numbers then we should not invest, we need to be responsible because this is not your money, this is everyone's money. Again $90,000 was Dash's ENTIRE budget a year ago.

Last edited:
So, remember the part about a television thing with DashRacer? You haven't accounted for that in your math.

And again, it wasn't 90,000 when he got it. You keep forgetting that part too.

Did you actually read the proposal?

Let's work out some numbers. I want to be clear that I have nothing against you personally.

Round up to 1 million spectators for the world's largest air show. Spectator is anyone who has watched any part of the show.

- What % of these people do you think were paying attention to your particular show? 2%? Let's go ahead with 15% = 150,000 people.
- What % of do you think learned enough about a cryptocurrency by watching a logo during your 8 minutes of flight? Or maybe what % of these people remembered to go home and google Dash digital cash? 1-2%? Let's go head with 10% (150,000 *0.1) = 15,000 people
- What % do you think actually bought Dash or decided to install the wallet? 1-2%? Let's do 10% again = 1,500 people.

Now instead of 15%, 10% and 10% the numbers are probably 2%, 1% and 1% (=200 people), but let's imagine 1,500 people. We are paying you $90,000 a month for an acquisition cost of $60 per person (optimistically) or $450 (realistically).

How can anyone justify this investment? If my numbers are incorrect, then show me the real numbers and I'd be happy to change my mind. If we don't have any numbers then we should not invest, we need to be responsible because this is not your money, this is everyone's money. Again $90,000 was Dash's ENTIRE budget a year ago.

I don't take it personally at all. You and I both want whats best for the Dash network. Dash getting our product and service for free is a windfall. Dash AeroSports benefitting outside of the scope of our proposal would be a windfall. I do not wish to participate in a windfall relationship on either side. It would be short-sighted.

My goal is to continue exceeding our sponsor's expectations (Dash). We continued to add and work new features to our proposal throughout the rise in dash. It's a great problem to have. If you have followed us, you'll see that we have crossed the planet several times and reached new clients for dash. We even have a 40 foot bus and 24 foot trailer I added to the team. This bus travels coast to coast covered in DASH-Digital Cash / Dash.org. We added a virtual reality experience that draws spectators in. This virtual reality has fresh content that has "What is Dash" video before the experience is engaged 1 inch from their face. No one asked us to do it. We just simply won't allow ourselves to have a windfall. My payoff is when Dash is #1 in marketcap.

I invite you to Miami BTC conference where we'll have the Dash Bus and virtual reality experience. Come fly with me virtually, but you'll have to watch the "what is Dash" video first ;)

Yes, besides the airshows, we engage as much as possible at various events with aircraft or just the Dash Bus. Our team is paid in dash and we work 7 days a week. During events which last 4-7 days, we work from sunrise until 10-11pm. (this can be verified by the MN's that have attended our events). I pay in Dash because everyone in a Dash AeroSports t-shirt has a vested interest and will benefit from our work/action we take to benefit the Dash community.

You quote 1-2 percent conversion rates? Our data which is posted on the original proposal shows considerably more: "Furthermore, 87.6% of attendees report recognizing sponsors… and… MORE IMPORTANTLY, 65.3% of attendees report they are likely to try a sponsor’s product or service."

You also quote a $60 (wow we are too cheap) to $450 acquisition utilizing even your 2% figure. This is measured by the 2016 Technology Industry customer acquisition cost average which was $395 per customer. However, I think we both agree that your conversion ratio is very low and you also missed the impressions of a Bus traveling coast to coast, television 1.2 million, social media, etc.

Again, I do not take this personal at all. I hope you do not take my response in any way other than mapping out the truly great value I am trying to provide Dash. Yes, Dash went up and I think that's what we all want. Please don't hold dash's rise in value against me. I hope and believe Dash AeroSports had a direct impact on the rise. Dash went up, we had a lot more funds to utilize. Our record should show that we exceeded our scope to respect the Dash communities trust in providing us a 6 month contract. I never took that trust for granted and I still don't.

Best Regards,
Scott

You may have a ROI with your jet, but your ROI is not short term, cannot be easily proved with numbers, and cannot compare with the ROI of other investments (where people who work there gain less than you.)
For example the DASH development team has a proved shorterm ROI of 1.5 billion dollars.
Can you compare and compet with them? If not, then why vote you instead of voting for more development?
It is not enough to be good, you have to be the best in order to survive in this cruel world.

Last edited:
Back