Dash AeroSports Sponsorship and Businesses Developement

R

RGXDK

Here is a list of things that you guys are bringing to the discussion that are: not arguments, not measurable, not relevant, not a good ROI.

We added a virtual reality experience that draws spectators in
This virtual reality has fresh content that has "What is Dash" video before the experience is engaged 1 inch from their face
Or you can put the video on youtube and get thousands of views for free.

we engage as much as possible at various events with aircraft or just the Dash Bus
65.3% of attendees report they are likely to try a sponsor’s product or service.
That statistic doesn't mean anything and even if it did it might be applied to a new flavor of Coke and not a cryptocurrency.

This is measured by the 2016 Technology Industry customer acquisition cost average which was $395 per customer
Yeah I was against paying $20 for each wallet install on Amanda's promotion, we are certainly not paying anything over $5, much less $395.

Hi, have a look at this interview to get an idea of Scott's dedication to the Dash cause
I don't doubt he is dedicated, however this is irrelevant. He can still be dedicated and propose something really bad for the network. Also how is the interview relevant to the proposal?

do you understand how hard it is finding someone like Scott how lives DASH and just talk all day long with everyone about DASH ? normaly you dont find people like him and we got lucky he did find DASH
I can imagine a million scenarios where is is the best person on earth and this is still not a good return on the investment.

2. its totaly ok that you will vote no and you have every right to do so. but complaning about MNO who do vote Yes ? grow som respect for different opinions.
Are you triggered? Grow up, this is not facebook. Giving someone $90,000 is not a matter of opinion and this is not complaining, this is discussing and debating.

just seen your Video , i am mind blown , once everyone sees the full video, they will have their mouths drooling with no further questions to be asked
I don't see a link to any video.

Listen everyone, we are all here because we want the best for Dash. I do not doubt that Scott has good intentions and you all have good intentions to vote for his proposal. However we are a business and we make investments based on logic and reason, especially because it is not your money.

Let's give Scott $90,000 a month because:
  • He flys a plane at an airshow with 1 million people watching
  • He is enthusiastic and dedicated to Dash
  • He has a VR buss with a Dash video
  • He talks all day about Dash
  • He "brought in" 5 unnamed businesses
None of these things are arguments. Here are a few things that are:
  • Cost of acquisition is measurable OR and disproportionally now ( < $1)
  • He brought in these X well known businesses and everyone can check and verify
  • The proposal's cost is insignificant compared to the exposure (i.e. $3,000 for TV appearances, shows, radio, interviews etc).

I am trying to persuade you NOT to vote for this proposal (whatever this proposal is, Scott hasn't defined it) because you don't have any factual evidence to vote yes. If you do, please by all means post it here and I'll be happy to change my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

solarguy

Mar 15, 2017
The video stuff is still being edited and is not for general release yet.

But you seem to be unaware that there was a television component at all, true or false?

You can't really experience virtual reality on youtube, false equivalency.

You keep saying 90,000 dollars, when the original proposal was for 30,000 dollars. Why is that?

Is it Scott's fault that Dash tripled in that time period? Hey, you know what...maybe it is....

You have no idea what amount he will ask for in the next proposal, so 90K is, at this point just a straw man argument.

Reactions: JGCMiner and Dandy

DashRacer

May 4, 2017
RGXDK,

With complete respect. You didn't want to even pay Amanda B $20? Respectfully, she is one of the greatest cornerstones of Dash. Yes, there is a huge team of other great people taking Dash to 300% gains too... but here educational and marketing for Dash should truly command more than your no vote to $20. (my opinion)

I respect your input and thank you for a very detailed response. Unfortunately, we (you and I) completely disagree on marketing. Nascar, stadiums, and teams exist based on very high levels of required marketing to promote brands and products. Google is another example of how powerful advertising is.

You want less than $20 for a 3.2billion company to market and conduct business development. I'm sorry, I can't agree with you.

Please keep in mind that I am not walking around with a handheld trying to do this myself. Dash has hired a professional marketing and business development team. (It actually seems weird to say "hired". We simply see ourselves as Dash's flight team based on the overwhelming support we have received from our community). We employ professionals and carry over 1.3 million dollars in assets, hangar, RV, Jet, Insurance, training, fuel, hotels, transportation, professional video crew, etc, etc.

Me personally (I feel silly typing about myself): Dash has hired 1 of the 3 pilots on earth that are qualified in both propeller and jet aircraft for low-level closed course pylon racing. I developed these skills risking EVERYTHING repeatedly over years of racing. These racing years followed 16,000hours of professional flight starting at 15 years old. I was the youngest captain on my first jet airliner. I only state these facts because I want Dash and you to know who they hired and trusted. I am relentless and will outwork anyone to achieve my goals in life. My goal in life is to make Dash #1 in utilized digital currency and payments on this planet. (this may sound like a sound-bite, but anyone that has met me for more than 5 mins knows this to be true)

In addition to my flight experience, I developed an entire industry from what others said couldn't be done. The industry did not exist before I created the process in my garage. I developed that business successfully and sold it. I've flown around the world as a business and marketing consultant. I've utilized the relationships and mentorships of the past to benefit dash at every turn.

I understand we disagree, I don't take it personally. I think Development is critical and as a MN, I see a need to prioritize dev, however, Dash is ready and able for Mass market adoption which requires marketing.

The DAO is based on differing viewpoints coming together and merging into a consensus.

Reactions: TaoOfSatoshi
R

RGXDK

@DashRacer ,

I expected more from you.

With complete respect. You didn't want to even pay Amanda B $20?
Did you really grossly misread what I said? How can you mistake "I was against paying $20 for each wallet install on Amanda's promotion" with " I was against paying $20 to Amanda"?

Google is another example of how powerful advertising is.
Not an argument. I never said marketing and adversing aren't powerful and it has got nothing to do with whether your proposal is good or not.

We employ professionals and carry over 1.3 million dollars in assets, hangar, RV, Jet, Insurance, training, fuel, hotels, transportation, professional video crew, etc, etc.
The fact that you carry assets and employ professionals doens't make your proposal good and it doens't mean Dash should give you money.

You want less than $20 for a 3.2billion company to market and conduct business development. I'm sorry, I can't agree with you.
This sentence doesn't even make sense. What are you trying to say?

Dash has hired 1 of the 3 pilots on earth that are qualified in both propeller and jet aircraft for low-level closed course pylon racing. I developed these skills risking EVERYTHING repeatedly over years of racing. These racing years followed 16,000hours of professional flight starting at 15 years old. I was the youngest captain on my first jet airliner. I only state these facts because I want Dash and you to know who they hired and trusted. I am relentless and will outwork anyone to achieve my goals in life. My goal in life is to make Dash #1 in utilized digital currency and payments on this planet. (this may sound like a sound-bite, but anyone that has met me for more than 5 mins knows this to be true)
I mean no disrespect but your story has nothing to do with whether this is a good or bad proposal.

I developed an entire industry from what others said couldn't be done.
Not an arguments. Again I mean no disrespect but I couldn't' care less about the industry you invented. All I care is whether or not you have a good proposal for Dash. And right now you don't. If you had it would have been easy for you to justify with real data.

JGCMiner

Jun 8, 2014
RGXDK,

With complete respect. You didn't want to even pay Amanda B $20? Respectfully, she is one of the greatest cornerstones of Dash. Yes, there is a huge team of other great people taking Dash to 300% gains too... but here educational and marketing for Dash should truly command more than your no vote to $20. (my opinion)

I respect your input and thank you for a very detailed response. Unfortunately, we (you and I) completely disagree on marketing. Nascar, stadiums, and teams exist based on very high levels of required marketing to promote brands and products. Google is another example of how powerful advertising is.

Please keep in mind that I am not walking around with a handheld trying to do this myself. Dash has hired a professional marketing and business development team. (It actually seems weird to say "hired". We simply see ourselves as Dash's flight team based on the overwhelming support we have received from our community). We employ professionals and carry over 1.3 million dollars in assets, hangar, RV, Jet, Insurance, training, fuel, hotels, transportation, professional video crew, etc, etc.

Me personally (I feel silly typing about myself): Dash has hired 1 of the 3 pilots on earth that are qualified in both propeller and jet aircraft for low-level closed course pylon racing. I developed these skills risking EVERYTHING repeatedly over years of racing. These racing years followed 16,000hours of professional flight starting at 15 years old. I was the youngest captain on my first jet airliner. I only state these facts because I want Dash and you to know who they hired and trusted. I am relentless and will outwork anyone to achieve my goals in life. My goal in life is to make Dash #1 in utilized digital currency and payments on this planet. (this may sound like a sound-bite, but anyone that has met me for more than 5 mins knows this to be true)

In addition to my flight experience, I developed an entire industry from what others said couldn't be done. The industry did not exist before I created the process in my garage. I developed that business successfully and sold it. I've flown around the world as a business and marketing consultant. I've utilized the relationships and mentorships of the past to benefit dash at every turn.

I understand we disagree, I don't take it personally. I think Development is critical and as a MN, I see a need to prioritize dev, however, Dash is ready and able for Mass market adoption which requires marketing.

The DAO is based on differing viewpoints coming together and merging into a consensus.
You have my votes @DashRacer ... and I wouldn’t waste my time trying to convince everybody. There are more important things that can be done with your time to help Dash.

The good thing about “wisdom of the crowd” type systems like the treasury is that not everybody needs to be wise for the group to make the correct decision. I strongly suspect that the MNOs on the whole will support your continued efforts to promote Dash.

acidburn

May 26, 2014
I think RGXDK doesn’t really understand marketing. I would love him to put his money where his mouth is and explain what he’s done to further advance dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

RGXDK

I think RGXDK doesn’t really understand marketing. I would love him to put his money where his mouth is and explain what he’s done to further advance dash.
Yeah, when acidburn gets called out by the lack of arguments, and still have none, his only choice is to double down on the ad hominem attacks. How is it that someone like you is part of the Core team?

Reactions: Checkerama and demo
Nov 19, 2017
I agree with RGXDK. People will use dash for technology, not for ads. We need to focus on new features development. If we will promote dash without development it will be a bubble. But i think all of dash holders want to make dash more robust.
Maybe DashRacer have good intentions but i think it will be a waste of budget and i personally vote NO.

TroyDASH

Jul 31, 2015
What @RGXDK has done to advance Dash is irrelevant to the topic being discussed.

@Twilight Miner if there was a proposal that would bring about faster or higher quality development then I would be all ears. If you are asking MNOs to focus on something else then where is it? Who should we throw money at? The size of the core team has already exploded in the last several months, and there is a limit to how fast an organization/team can onboard people before it becomes detrimental to progress. They will onboard more people whenever the situation calls for it and they are able. If other developers outside of core think they can contribute then they will (and have already) propose things, which will get funded if they are good. Saying the MNOs need to focus on development instead, doesn't make sense in this context.

mastermined

May 26, 2014
As I said on Discord I would rather see most proposals limited to 3 months unless there is a good reason to have them longer, this is simply due to the rising price. I also said I would like to see them going month to month rather than one 3 month proposal but after thinking about what you said I think a single 3 month proposal would be fine for this type of proposal.

Is there any leftover funds (Rollover) from the last proposal cycle?
Any kind of accounting budget for how funds were spent would also be helpful.

Looking forward to seeing the bus and everything at the Miami Bitcoin conference. A live video feed would be really cool!

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
That's some really solid evidence you have presented, amazing.
This is the typical response of a retarded masternode. You have a lot of them in your clan. I wonder, how can you survive among them? I admire your patience.

Reactions: Checkerama

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
The size of the core team has already exploded in the last several months, and there is a limit to how fast an organization/team can onboard people before it becomes detrimental to progress.
You have created a bunch of salary slaves! This is not quality development! Thats why evolution delays.
You have to create the appropriate enviroment which will allow free developers and free testers to compete eachother.

Nov 19, 2017
What @RGXDK has done to advance Dash is irrelevant to the topic being discussed.

@Twilight Miner if there was a proposal that would bring about faster or higher quality development then I would be all ears. If you are asking MNOs to focus on something else then where is it? Who should we throw money at? The size of the core team has already exploded in the last several months, and there is a limit to how fast an organization/team can onboard people before it becomes detrimental to progress. They will onboard more people whenever the situation calls for it and they are able. If other developers outside of core think they can contribute then they will (and have already) propose things, which will get funded if they are good. Saying the MNOs need to focus on development instead, doesn't make sense in this context.
You say that core team has exploded. But i dont see any active development at github.

I am a new member but my point of view that such kind of ads will be just budget coins burning. If some things are made for budget money we at lest MUST see previous results. But we even dont have previous videos. It is ridiculous if someone want to vote YES without checking results of last campaigns and accounting.

Maybe you want to ask what i did for for dash? So far not much. But i try to figure our how to improve dash core services like mixing. Now investigating how to make it faster: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/slow-mixing-what-is-the-reason.18072/

I think it is much more important for dash growth than ads.

TheSingleton

Masternode Owner/Operator
Mar 27, 2017
You say that core team has exploded. But i dont see any active development at github.
Well, then you really don't know much about Dash Development. Most of which is focused on Evolution and so far all of that is in private repositories so others can't copy our code that easily. Of course it will be made open-source shortly before release.

Also more generly:
Early investments might not be maximally efficient but if they help build our momentum which I think they do then they are worth it. Of course, if there were better proposals out there then I would vote for those over the less efficient ones but since they don't exist I can only vote for those that do. And not using all the funds we have available is just stupid.

Reactions: JGCMiner and Dandy

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
Well, then you really don't know much about Dash Development. Most of which is focused on Evolution and so far all of that is in private repositories so others can't copy our code that easily. Of course it will be made open-source shortly before release.
Obscurity is not an argument.
Have you ever met the invisible pink unicorn?

Nov 19, 2017
Maybe yes. As i have said i am new. But i dont see any clear roadmap, milestones etc. So far i cannot be sure about development cycle. Perhaps you are one of the chosen who have access to private things, but i am not. And i believe most of the rest MNO.

Checkerama

Aug 16, 2017
Listen everyone, we are all here because we want the best for Dash. I do not doubt that Scott has good intentions and you all have good intentions to vote for his proposal. However we are a business and we make investments based on logic and reason, especially because it is not your money.

Let's give Scott $90,000 a month because:
  • He flys a plane at an airshow with 1 million people watching
  • He is enthusiastic and dedicated to Dash
  • He has a VR buss with a Dash video
  • He talks all day about Dash
  • He "brought in" 5 unnamed businesses
None of these things are arguments. Here are a few things that are:
  • Cost of acquisition is measurable OR and disproportionally now ( < $1)
  • He brought in these X well known businesses and everyone can check and verify
  • The proposal's cost is insignificant compared to the exposure (i.e. $3,000 for TV appearances, shows, radio, interviews etc).

I am trying to persuade you NOT to vote for this proposal (whatever this proposal is, Scott hasn't defined it) because you don't have any factual evidence to vote yes. If you do, please by all means post it here and I'll be happy to change my mind.
LOL I made a similar comment as Yaksha under his budget proposal. I swear people approve the dumbest things because they sound cool... disappointing to not have my own MN. The cost of acquisition and exposure going this route is just too high - you're better off putting it in internet ads.

upload_2017-11-19_8-31-4.png

Checkerama

Aug 16, 2017
Maybe yes. As i have said i am new. But i dont see any clear roadmap, milestones etc. So far i cannot be sure about development cycle. Perhaps you are one of the chosen who have access to private things, but i am not. And i believe most of the rest MNO.
Is new; owns a MN. What am I DOING WRONG?! xD Lol

Also it makes sense for the repository to be private - besides, they've been updating us with progress recently so thats good.

Dandy

Mar 1, 2017
Belgrade, Serbia
Reactions: GrandMasterDash

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
Also it makes sense for the repository to be private
Of course it makes sense. They just cant use this privacy as an argument that their work continues as promised. Privacy means that they may have finished their job, but also means they may have done nothing.

Last edited:

Checkerama

Aug 16, 2017
Of course it makes sense. They just cant use this privacy as an argument that their work continues as promised. Privacy means that they may have finished their job, but also means they may have done nothing.
That's fair