• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash AeroSports Sponsorship and Businesses Developement

Because they just don't ask for it. If they would, then that would be a valid question.
Developers dont ask , because they know how big their ROI is.

So dont expect developers to pay 5 dash as proposal fee, in order for the MNOs (in case they manage to understand what the developers are saying to them) to give them 105 dash (because the MNOs cannot estimate the real value of the developers), and then the MNOs to earn 1.5 billion dollars! Very few developers are so naive to do this, and you are very very lucky you have find some naive to work for you.

Most of the developers are not stupid, like the MNOs. They can find better places to work than your silly budget system where, instead of paying for the patents the developers are offering when they propose, you are asking the developers to pay proposal fee for proposing!!!! ( A silly budget system which becomes even more silly because silly people vote there)

Thats why the developers dont ask for it. You, the stupid MNOs have to beg the developers, to help you escape from your stupidness.

Last edited:
So dont expect developers
I am not expecting anything, you are the one expecting when you say "If not, then why vote you instead of voting for more development?".

Dont need you to explain why developers ask or do not ask. I was just pointing out that your question was irrelevant.

First, if he requested $25k/month and got $90k/month, why is he requesting more money then? Core hasn't requested money because they still have plenty from previous budgets.
Second, those team crowds you speak of where you can only see 12 people, need to have at least 12,500 for this to be worthwhile.
Third, if acrobatics is the least important part, then why not drop it altogether and make the proposal on all the other work he claims to have done (that I haven't heard of).

I am clearly lacking crucial information here because I cannot possibly vote yes on this based on what I see. Look at his topic, he is offering to possibly "bring" 5 unnamed new businesses for $90,000.... $90,000 was the whole Dash budget 1 year ago.

Hi, have a look at this interview to get an idea of Scott's dedication to the Dash cause. Its only 4 minutes, but its great!

I am not expecting anything, you are the one expecting when you say "If not, then why vote you instead of voting for more development?".

Dont need you to explain why developers ask or do not ask. I was just pointing out that your question was irrelevant.

Of course is relevant, because the required environment that is capable to attract developers, has to be developed.

Last edited:
@DashRacer
To those 2 MNOs saying they'd vote yes... why? Seriously, I really want to understand what possible logical and reasonable justification you have to vote yes. Being "passionate" about Dash isn't an argument, bringing 4 unnamed business isn't too. This would have to bring 45,000 new customers to Dash per month for to be remotely beneficial to the network and I will be surprised if it brings 45.

Do you understand understand PR and Marketing? do you understand how hard it is finding someone like Scott how lives DASH and just talk all day long with everyone about DASH ? normaly you dont find people like him and we got lucky he did find DASH.

1. If we wanna go and be Manstreem we need to be Cool and having something like DASHRacer and his Team its friking cool im here in Europe i will maybe never see this Jet but im fine with it.
2. its totaly ok that you will vote no and you have every right to do so. but complaning about MNO who do vote Yes ? grow som respect for different opinions.

Normaly we al here to make good desissions or atleast try what is good in our Eyes with our own skillset from your life experience. Interligents of the mass

p.s. English is not my nativ lang so sorry for errors..

Cut from Discord:
@M.... we started out with a "below cost" budget and tried to match value with Dash's gain in market value. We did get caught with some swings in price where we added the Dash Bus, additional Rome GA airshow, Bus, Trailer Wraps, Virtual Reality experience, Boston Max Kieser Report trip, etc and then dash dropped back to $285.

Reno Air Races: Total Team commitment 3 weeks. 7am till 8pm every day. Event was 250,000 spectators and an estimated 1.2 million for NBC sports. (We purchased additional exposure for Dash during televised event) Social media, news interviews, business development relationships.

Oshkosh 2017 Air Show: 850,000 spectators. Worlds largest air show.

Rome GA airshow: 176,000 spectators

These are only 3 of our events. Remaining report will be attached to the new proposal.

DASH logo: The entire Jet is a huge DASH.org -digital cash billboard. Not sure what is meant by "barely visible"?

Thank you again for the support of the Dash Community
hi @DashRacer are there any videos of these events where you participated possibly shot from your plane or something, i think showing those videos who be a great motivation to dispel any doubts anyone has

hi @DashRacer are there any videos of these events where you participated possibly shot from your plane or something, i think showing those videos who be a great motivation to dispel any doubts anyone has

I work directly for you as a MN. I have sent a private message with our video production. Please view and let the others know your thoughts. We will be releasing video soon once finished.

We have shown 4 other MN's and asked their opinion too.

I work directly for you as a MN. I have sent a private message with our video production. Please view and let the others know your thoughts. We will be releasing video soon once finished.

We have shown 4 other MN's and asked their opinion too.

just seen your Video , i am mind blown , once everyone sees the full video, they will have their mouths drooling with no further questions to be asked.

Again @DashRacer is arguably the best contractor to work with Dash, hes professional , hes passionate ,he's business savvy and visionary , he's also responsible and responsive.

if all others guys were half as good as him we would be looking at 10x price already !!

I also have seen the sample video. Once we get the full roll out of the TV exposure I doubt very much that we will have ROI concerns. But I will let the data speak for itself once it becomes widely available. I respect the desire to have quantifiable data on the results.

Hey DashRacer, would you have data for how many people have been through the VR experience with the Dash into? I wonder if you could randomly sample 5% of the people exiting the VR experience to give another quantifiable metric for how many people are positively influenced by that part of the program?

Thanks,

Here is a list of things that you guys are bringing to the discussion that are: not arguments, not measurable, not relevant, not a good ROI.

We added a virtual reality experience that draws spectators in

This virtual reality has fresh content that has "What is Dash" video before the experience is engaged 1 inch from their face

Or you can put the video on youtube and get thousands of views for free.

we engage as much as possible at various events with aircraft or just the Dash Bus

65.3% of attendees report they are likely to try a sponsor’s product or service.

That statistic doesn't mean anything and even if it did it might be applied to a new flavor of Coke and not a cryptocurrency.

This is measured by the 2016 Technology Industry customer acquisition cost average which was $395 per customer

Yeah I was against paying $20 for each wallet install on Amanda's promotion, we are certainly not paying anything over $5, much less $395.

Hi, have a look at this interview to get an idea of Scott's dedication to the Dash cause

I don't doubt he is dedicated, however this is irrelevant. He can still be dedicated and propose something really bad for the network. Also how is the interview relevant to the proposal?

do you understand how hard it is finding someone like Scott how lives DASH and just talk all day long with everyone about DASH ? normaly you dont find people like him and we got lucky he did find DASH

I can imagine a million scenarios where is is the best person on earth and this is still not a good return on the investment.

2. its totaly ok that you will vote no and you have every right to do so. but complaning about MNO who do vote Yes ? grow som respect for different opinions.

Are you triggered? Grow up, this is not facebook. Giving someone $90,000 is not a matter of opinion and this is not complaining, this is discussing and debating.

just seen your Video , i am mind blown , once everyone sees the full video, they will have their mouths drooling with no further questions to be asked

I don't see a link to any video.

Listen everyone, we are all here because we want the best for Dash. I do not doubt that Scott has good intentions and you all have good intentions to vote for his proposal. However we are a business and we make investments based on logic and reason, especially because it is not your money.

Let's give Scott $90,000 a month because:
  • He flys a plane at an airshow with 1 million people watching
  • He is enthusiastic and dedicated to Dash
  • He has a VR buss with a Dash video
  • He talks all day about Dash
  • He "brought in" 5 unnamed businesses
None of these things are arguments. Here are a few things that are:
  • Cost of acquisition is measurable OR and disproportionally now ( < $1)
  • He brought in these X well known businesses and everyone can check and verify
  • The proposal's cost is insignificant compared to the exposure (i.e. $3,000 for TV appearances, shows, radio, interviews etc).

I am trying to persuade you NOT to vote for this proposal (whatever this proposal is, Scott hasn't defined it) because you don't have any factual evidence to vote yes. If you do, please by all means post it here and I'll be happy to change my mind.

Last edited:
The video stuff is still being edited and is not for general release yet.

But you seem to be unaware that there was a television component at all, true or false?

You can't really experience virtual reality on youtube, false equivalency.

You keep saying 90,000 dollars, when the original proposal was for 30,000 dollars. Why is that?

Is it Scott's fault that Dash tripled in that time period? Hey, you know what...maybe it is....

You have no idea what amount he will ask for in the next proposal, so 90K is, at this point just a straw man argument.

RGXDK,

With complete respect. You didn't want to even pay Amanda B $20? Respectfully, she is one of the greatest cornerstones of Dash. Yes, there is a huge team of other great people taking Dash to 300% gains too... but here educational and marketing for Dash should truly command more than your no vote to $20. (my opinion)

I respect your input and thank you for a very detailed response. Unfortunately, we (you and I) completely disagree on marketing. Nascar, stadiums, and teams exist based on very high levels of required marketing to promote brands and products. Google is another example of how powerful advertising is.

You want less than $20 for a 3.2billion company to market and conduct business development. I'm sorry, I can't agree with you.

Please keep in mind that I am not walking around with a handheld trying to do this myself. Dash has hired a professional marketing and business development team. (It actually seems weird to say "hired". We simply see ourselves as Dash's flight team based on the overwhelming support we have received from our community). We employ professionals and carry over 1.3 million dollars in assets, hangar, RV, Jet, Insurance, training, fuel, hotels, transportation, professional video crew, etc, etc.

Me personally (I feel silly typing about myself): Dash has hired 1 of the 3 pilots on earth that are qualified in both propeller and jet aircraft for low-level closed course pylon racing. I developed these skills risking EVERYTHING repeatedly over years of racing. These racing years followed 16,000hours of professional flight starting at 15 years old. I was the youngest captain on my first jet airliner. I only state these facts because I want Dash and you to know who they hired and trusted. I am relentless and will outwork anyone to achieve my goals in life. My goal in life is to make Dash #1 in utilized digital currency and payments on this planet. (this may sound like a sound-bite, but anyone that has met me for more than 5 mins knows this to be true)

In addition to my flight experience, I developed an entire industry from what others said couldn't be done. The industry did not exist before I created the process in my garage. I developed that business successfully and sold it. I've flown around the world as a business and marketing consultant. I've utilized the relationships and mentorships of the past to benefit dash at every turn.

I understand we disagree, I don't take it personally. I think Development is critical and as a MN, I see a need to prioritize dev, however, Dash is ready and able for Mass market adoption which requires marketing.

The DAO is based on differing viewpoints coming together and merging into a consensus.

@DashRacer ,

I expected more from you.

With complete respect. You didn't want to even pay Amanda B $20?

Did you really grossly misread what I said? How can you mistake "I was against paying $20 for each wallet install on Amanda's promotion" with " I was against paying $20 to Amanda"?

Google is another example of how powerful advertising is.

Not an argument. I never said marketing and adversing aren't powerful and it has got nothing to do with whether your proposal is good or not.

We employ professionals and carry over 1.3 million dollars in assets, hangar, RV, Jet, Insurance, training, fuel, hotels, transportation, professional video crew, etc, etc.

The fact that you carry assets and employ professionals doens't make your proposal good and it doens't mean Dash should give you money.

You want less than $20 for a 3.2billion company to market and conduct business development. I'm sorry, I can't agree with you.

This sentence doesn't even make sense. What are you trying to say?

Dash has hired 1 of the 3 pilots on earth that are qualified in both propeller and jet aircraft for low-level closed course pylon racing. I developed these skills risking EVERYTHING repeatedly over years of racing. These racing years followed 16,000hours of professional flight starting at 15 years old. I was the youngest captain on my first jet airliner. I only state these facts because I want Dash and you to know who they hired and trusted. I am relentless and will outwork anyone to achieve my goals in life. My goal in life is to make Dash #1 in utilized digital currency and payments on this planet. (this may sound like a sound-bite, but anyone that has met me for more than 5 mins knows this to be true)

I mean no disrespect but your story has nothing to do with whether this is a good or bad proposal.

I developed an entire industry from what others said couldn't be done.

Not an arguments. Again I mean no disrespect but I couldn't' care less about the industry you invented. All I care is whether or not you have a good proposal for Dash. And right now you don't. If you had it would have been easy for you to justify with real data.

RGXDK,

With complete respect. You didn't want to even pay Amanda B $20? Respectfully, she is one of the greatest cornerstones of Dash. Yes, there is a huge team of other great people taking Dash to 300% gains too... but here educational and marketing for Dash should truly command more than your no vote to $20. (my opinion)

I respect your input and thank you for a very detailed response. Unfortunately, we (you and I) completely disagree on marketing. Nascar, stadiums, and teams exist based on very high levels of required marketing to promote brands and products. Google is another example of how powerful advertising is.

Please keep in mind that I am not walking around with a handheld trying to do this myself. Dash has hired a professional marketing and business development team. (It actually seems weird to say "hired". We simply see ourselves as Dash's flight team based on the overwhelming support we have received from our community). We employ professionals and carry over 1.3 million dollars in assets, hangar, RV, Jet, Insurance, training, fuel, hotels, transportation, professional video crew, etc, etc.

Me personally (I feel silly typing about myself): Dash has hired 1 of the 3 pilots on earth that are qualified in both propeller and jet aircraft for low-level closed course pylon racing. I developed these skills risking EVERYTHING repeatedly over years of racing. These racing years followed 16,000hours of professional flight starting at 15 years old. I was the youngest captain on my first jet airliner. I only state these facts because I want Dash and you to know who they hired and trusted. I am relentless and will outwork anyone to achieve my goals in life. My goal in life is to make Dash #1 in utilized digital currency and payments on this planet. (this may sound like a sound-bite, but anyone that has met me for more than 5 mins knows this to be true)

In addition to my flight experience, I developed an entire industry from what others said couldn't be done. The industry did not exist before I created the process in my garage. I developed that business successfully and sold it. I've flown around the world as a business and marketing consultant. I've utilized the relationships and mentorships of the past to benefit dash at every turn.

I understand we disagree, I don't take it personally. I think Development is critical and as a MN, I see a need to prioritize dev, however, Dash is ready and able for Mass market adoption which requires marketing.

The DAO is based on differing viewpoints coming together and merging into a consensus.

You have my votes @DashRacer ... and I wouldn’t waste my time trying to convince everybody. There are more important things that can be done with your time to help Dash.

The good thing about “wisdom of the crowd” type systems like the treasury is that not everybody needs to be wise for the group to make the correct decision. I strongly suspect that the MNOs on the whole will support your continued efforts to promote Dash.

Back