• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DarkSend RC1 Official Release!

eduffield

Core Developer
The last couple of weeks I've been focusing on stability of the beta version of the client and I think we're ready to leave beta. So this will be the first release candiate! There a few things that will need to be done before opensourcing, but everything is moving along pretty well.

Here's everything that changed:
- Masternode's sign their inputs to message the network that they're still active
- Various stability improvements and bug fixes

- If you run a masternode with an encrypted wallet, use "masternode start mypassphrase" to start the masternode. Upon running this command the client will decrypt your wallet, find the matching masternode input then sign and propagate a message starting the masternode
- Masternodes now can run with their wallets encrypted
- Election code (for selecting the rounds masternode) is greatly improved
- Found a few situations where darksend failed and fees were charged and fixed them

RC1.1 Changes (mandatory update)
- Moved many log prints to debug mode (sorry for the spam...)
- Changed masternode ping time to 25 minutes
- Fixed a bug with status update spam
- Incremented protocol version to kick off old masternodes

Next:
- Writing the code to pay the masternodes
- Users testing to find edge cases
- Forking mainnet to begin payments
- Adding queues for more than 10DRK

Download Here:

http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/DarkSendDocumentation.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get it... shouldn't there be a download link somewhere? darkcoin.io still has 0.9.1.2

Ok, got it. I'm on a Mac so guess I'll have to wait a while. By the way, got 2 mining p2p payments at the exact time after about 2 hour and a half of nothing. I suppose that means I can resume mining as usual and wait for an OSX RC1?

So how do you start the masternode with darkcoind with an encrypted wallet now?
Mine isnt running
--Edit
Gee its the Unbuntu requirement

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there an argument to generate a darkcoin.conf? One is not provided in the Ubuntu 64-bit download, and running darkcoin-qt doesn't generate one in ~/.darkcoin.

Is there an argument to generate a darkcoin.conf? One is not provided in the Ubuntu 64-bit download, and running darkcoin-qt doesn't generate one in ~/.darkcoin.

It's as simple as opening up a text editor and saving the file as darkcoin.conf in your //home/user name/.darkcoin directory.

Awesome work!

Although I have run in to a problem, my own silly fault I guess.

When starting up the new masternode, I get an error,
-bash: !.?S5*c: event not found

Which is part of my password. ... I used a long password with some symbols. Is there any way around this? Or do I need to change my password on the wallet? If so, any suggestions on the best way to do it? I originally made the 1000DRK wallet, encrypted via a windows laptop, when send the wallet.dat over.

Many thanks.

I also have a super long password. If there are spaces, use quotes around it.
Example: darkcoind masternode start "stupid long but very secure password"

After starting my masternode, I got "successfully started masternode" and it's been like 15 minutes but I still don't show up on the list. Any clue what's wrong or can it be the network is a bit slow?

Or, do I have to unlock my wallet somehow?

After starting my masternode, I got "successfully started masternode" and it's been like 15 minutes but I still don't show up on the list. Any clue what's wrong or can it be the network is a bit slow?

Or, do I have to unlock my wallet somehow?

Have you changed ami_public_ip of darkcoin.conf ?
Code:
externalip=ami_public_ip

Back