Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Darksend Liquidity Providers - v0.10.16.1

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by eduffield, Oct 23, 2014.

1. UdjinM6

UdjinM6 Official Dash Dev
    Dash Core Team Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  2. moocowmoo

moocowmoo Bovine Bit-flipper
    Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator

Dash Address:
    XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX
    • Like Like x 1
  3. moocowmoo

moocowmoo Bovine Bit-flipper
    Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator

Dash Address:
    XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX
    One more v0.10.16.1 provider with 125 DRK now online and mixing!

I've set darksend_blocks_between_successes to 24 -- allowing mix once every hour at a cost of 0.3DRK/day. Any issue with that?

• Like Like x 1
  4. tungfa

tungfa Administrator
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator Moderator

5. Diirk

Diirk New Member

Evan Duffield,
    I think its important for the wallet (normal wallets as well) to show how many wallets are mixing coins at the moment (live counter). Then we can also put a graph on some website that displays trend of this over time, which is a very clear indicator of adoption progress and will prove to be a great marketing tool. Evan, can you implement this?

It will also help us who are willing to help the project to determine whether its needed to run liquidity providers at any given time.

Edit: another great marketing tool would be a statistic that shows how many coins have been mixed during the past time period (e.g. past 24 hours), this should also be accompanied by some sort of graph on some website.

This stuff is important as it shows what is happening under the hood. Right now it is anyones guess.

#35 Diirk, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
  6. doctr

doctr New Member

I have a wallet with about 200 DRK up and running in this new client, but it's been saying "darksend is idle" for about 2 hours now

does this mean that nobody else is currently mixing, or am i doing something wrong?

7. moli

moli Grizzled Member

It just means you have to wait for pairs with the same denominations and they haven't come around yet.

8. oblox

oblox Well-known Member

How many blocks did you set it to wait at?

9. doctr

doctr New Member

right now it's at "enabled" and it's 17% done

but underneath it still says : "darksend is idle"

i'll just wait :)

bought these coins especially cuz of the liquidity client announcement. I'll just wait and see

10. paperThin

paperThin Member

OK, reporting back. I left this running overnight and had 5 mixes occur. In other words, working well. I am still set at 57 block delay, but I may change that based on the answer to this next question. (Also... I am over 250DRK in that wallet now. I plan to keep it running.)

Question: Fees last night were -0.0125DRK for each "darksend denominate". Can someone confirm this is the correct fee? I have previous "darksend denominates" for -0.001 back in August.

Thanks!

11. moli

moli Grizzled Member

0.0125 is correct fee. It was changed during RC5 testing, iirc.

12. illodin

illodin Member

If there is no one else to mix 500 denomination with, why not 825 = 8x100 + 5x5 or something? Or maybe wait for other 500 denominations to mix with to appear for 12 hours or so and then switch to 8x100. Why wait for 500 potentially forever?

I have been trying to anonymize exactly 500 DRK for 48 hours now, it's not done one round yet.

13. paperThin

paperThin Member

OK, so according to my transaction ledger, I had one "mix" (darksend denominate) every three hours. (I am set at 57 blocks delay). I had 5 successful mixes overnight (15 hrs) so that is about 8 mixes per 24 hrs. (8 x 7 days x 52 weeks = 2912 mixes per year) 2912 mixes per year x 0.0125 = 36.4 DRK. I am trying to understand how eduffield came up with 4.56 DRK / year.

Don't get me wrong... I believe that it is worth 36 DRK / year to promote Darkcoin... but we should be aware of the cost. Please correct my math if I missed something!

14. moli

moli Grizzled Member

Forwarded your question to eduffield.

15. eduffield

eduffield Core Developer

Yes, fees are 0.0125 now for Darksend mixing rounds.

New version: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darksend-liquidity-providers-v0-10-16-2.2749/

16. eduffield

eduffield Core Developer

Blocks per day in Darkcoin average about 576, so the math should be (576/57)*365*0.0125, or 46.1. However, I'm encouraging users to run v2 with a way more infrequent usage, something like (576.0/(20*15))*365*0.0125 (8.76DRK/yr). Try v2 with a setting of 20 or so and let me know if the numbers are better.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darksend-liquidity-providers-v0-10-16-2.2749/

• Like Like x 1
  17. cryptosi

cryptosi New Member

I'm wondering if anyone here can help me,
    I've been playing with crypto-currency for some years now, I really like the darksend feature, however I'm certain that the long mixing times are a real drawback.
    Yesterday I had the idea to provide liquidity in the form of a website/application which has an amount of ready mixed Dash say 1000DASH, then when someone wants to darksend somewhere, they send Dash to the site and the site forwards the darksent amount either in parts or at a random time within the next 24 hrs, or instantly?
    A charge of a few % could cover costs of hosting etc, we could fund development for this by offering it as an asset on NXT / Ethereum / Counterparty, then pay a dividend to stakeholders based on profit. I think it would add a type of much needed liquidity to Dash Darksend, I'm sure there are some important security issues I've not considered, but i'm not a programmer so please forgive my ignorance.

any thoughts? I think this is the right thread for it right?

thanks guys :)

18. moli

moli Grizzled Member

How do you get your Dash "ready mixed"?

19. cryptosi

cryptosi New Member

I'm thinking it's a client being run on the the same server that's hosting the site, the client is constantly mixing, so it will be 'ready mixed' until someone sends money to the wallet and the mixed amount gets sent, then it will begin mixing more.

#49 cryptosi, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
  20. moli

moli Grizzled Member

If there're others mixing on the network, i can mix with them. I do not need to pay for someone else to mix Dash for me, that's the beauty of Darksend, no need for a third party to mix Dash, everything is available from one's own wallets.

Besides, i would be very suspicious if i have to rely on someone else saying they have "anonymous Dash" to sell to me.

21. cryptosi

cryptosi New Member

yes, but I've tried mixing. It always takes hours. Also what if I have dash but not the wallet, for example I have an amount of Dash on an exchange that I want to Darksend to somewhere else. A service similar to shapeshift.io but purely to Darksend. I would pay for this service, and i'm sure plenty of other beginners to this tech would also pay for a faster simple service?

22. moli

moli Grizzled Member

Then it's definitely not anonymous because it's traced back to this service and to the user who bought the coins.

23. cryptosi

cryptosi New Member

How is it traced back? It's Darksent. At best you can know that Dash has been sent to the service, but new deposit addresses for each transaction can mitigate that? And after that, you cannot prove or show where the dash has gone. I accept that there will be some form of compromise to security by using a third party, how best could we minimise that?

24. tiger-HZX

tiger-HZX New Member

Hi sir, I want to ask that the denomination in Dash is {0.00100001, 0.0100001, 0.100001. 1.00001. 10.0001, 100.001, 500.005}, Is that right?
    and Can you please tell me how to recognize a DarkSend trx in blockchain?