• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darksend Liquidity Providers - v0.10.16.1

I got that on a fresh wallet (fresh deposits from 0), but went to bed and found stuff mixing when I woke up.

We need to teach people that darksend isn't something you watch, it's an overnight/daylong process.

I'd like to see a few others weigh in on this. I know it is not instant, but if we had 50 people with "Liquidity" wallets, wouldn't we see about 1 mix per block? That investment by the community would definitely speak volumes for darkcoin and raise it's value (especially to newcomers).

Moocowmoo, thanks for your help!

I'd like to see a few others weigh in on this. I know it is not instant, but if we had 50 people with "Liquidity" wallets, wouldn't we see about 1 mix per block? That investment by the community would definitely speak volumes for darkcoin and raise it's value (especially to newcomers).

Moocowmoo, thanks for your help!

You're welcome. Glad to assist.

I'd like to see an introduction built into the wallet that covers (in plain english) things like:
Darksend requires two other participants mixing at the same time: don't watch it, leave it overnight or for a day or more.
And 'if you're already mixing, your newly deposited funds won't start mixing until your in-progress mix finishes.'
And whatever other disclaimers others think we might need.

I've launched v0.10.16.1-gd6431b3-beta on an existing wallet with 78 DRK (all I have currently) already sent through 8 rounds. It's denominated into:

7 x 10.00000001 +
7 x 1.00000001 inputs
plus some change

Am I understanding you correctly that this will only attempt to mix with people mixing exactly 7 10 and 7 1 inputs?
If so, should liquidity provider instances follow different rules and treat each denomination input atomically?

EDIT: first round on 10.16 occurred, all 14 of 10 and 1 inputs participated.

No, it only cares that you have at least one of all of the same denominations. E.g, A user miking 1+1+1+100 can mix with 1+100+100

I wouldn't mind doing a few on some of the masternodes... is it as simple as creating a new user and installing the daemon, then running it with the commands above? Do I just run getadddress to find out the address to send some of the coins to? How about specifying the amount to anon via command line?

Can i please get a translation how to do this and join on a MAC ?!
Tx

I'm thinking about a notification based app, Dark Pulse... It presents data from the network as it happens, text based push messages, large movements of DRK on the network, large movements in price at exchanges... Can later plug into a decentralised "swarm" of some sort for exchange services...

Could have a bit of AI in it and report movements of coin that don't follow protocol, just chucking ideas around now...

So this update is not mandatory to normal client and masternode?

One more v0.10.16.1 provider with 125 DRK now online and mixing!

I've set darksend_blocks_between_successes to 24 -- allowing mix once every hour at a cost of 0.3DRK/day. Any issue with that?

Evan Duffield,
I think its important for the wallet (normal wallets as well) to show how many wallets are mixing coins at the moment (live counter). Then we can also put a graph on some website that displays trend of this over time, which is a very clear indicator of adoption progress and will prove to be a great marketing tool. Evan, can you implement this?

It will also help us who are willing to help the project to determine whether its needed to run liquidity providers at any given time.

Edit: another great marketing tool would be a statistic that shows how many coins have been mixed during the past time period (e.g. past 24 hours), this should also be accompanied by some sort of graph on some website.

This stuff is important as it shows what is happening under the hood. Right now it is anyones guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a wallet with about 200 DRK up and running in this new client, but it's been saying "darksend is idle" for about 2 hours now

does this mean that nobody else is currently mixing, or am i doing something wrong?

I have a wallet with about 200 DRK up and running in this new client, but it's been saying "darksend is idle" for about 2 hours now

does this mean that nobody else is currently mixing, or am i doing something wrong?
It just means you have to wait for pairs with the same denominations and they haven't come around yet.

How many blocks did you set it to wait at?

How many blocks did you set it to wait at?

right now it's at "enabled" and it's 17% done

but underneath it still says : "darksend is idle"

i'll just wait :)

bought these coins especially cuz of the liquidity client announcement. I'll just wait and see

OK, reporting back. I left this running overnight and had 5 mixes occur. In other words, working well. I am still set at 57 block delay, but I may change that based on the answer to this next question. (Also... I am over 250DRK in that wallet now. I plan to keep it running.)

Question: Fees last night were -0.0125DRK for each "darksend denominate". Can someone confirm this is the correct fee? I have previous "darksend denominates" for -0.001 back in August.

Thanks!

Back