• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Update / Masternode requirements / Masternode Payments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im very keen to get a master node going if i had enough DRK!
Im experienced with linux and work in IT.
It would be good to have a node or two running in New Zealand.

Any news when the payouts occur of the masternodes? Thanks in advanced
Master node payments are to be implemented with RC2. Evan is currently working on this, but he has given no firm timeline for RC2's release. The code for it is all new, so give him some room to breathe. Judging by his past statements, my assumption is that it will be out sometime in the coming week, but I have no specific information on this. It's coming. Be patient.

Nice, cant wait to hear how it goes before I attempt to do so.

I am not a tech guy but i see a mutual benefit to loaning the 1000 DRK to a wallet. Maybe add a function to divide the total income in half between two additional wallet addresses. One for the the master-node host and the other for the backer with 1000 DRK.

Just thought it would help get Master nodes around the world in a peer-to-peer fashion.

I have a duplicate ip for the master node. I have an elastic ip. How can i remove it? I stopped darkcoind and the most recent of the ip addresses disappears, when I restart it comes back instantly. But the one further up the list remains. Any ideas on how to remove it?

Is the node do his work without 1000 DRK?
Because i've not the money for 1000DRK, but i will support the network.

ATTENTION all newcomers!! This thread is not valid any more! It was for RC1, we are now on RC2+1/2 :)

Set up a p2pool node! Less work and very supporting to the network!
Right now Masternode is NOT live! We are running with test-DRK's, not real DRK's. But when it goes live, then yes, you will need real 1000 DRKs to have a masternode.

Could I host a Master Node with win7?o_O
I could get a VPN, just not Linux.:confused:
Cant decided between pool, cloud, while waiting to be a master node.

Hi guys i will try to setup a masternode... but i need your help for some things, i have some knowlegde with linux and networks, but i dont want to waste 1000 DRK for nothing :D

1st, is there anyway that i can setup masternode on NO-IP DNS ? if so please help! Static IP in my country is so expensive...
2nd, is xubuntu 32bit ok on old DELL machine with 1GB DDR1 RAM, because i cant install x64 on this procesor!!!

:) more question as we go...

Hold on for now Rux, t0o many patches going on. We're on RC2 testnet, using fake DRK's. It won't go live until the 14th.
Look into amazon ec2 t1.micro instances. With a valid credit card, you get a 1 year free service provided you don't exceed the limitations.

:) i understand that and im only collecting infos while i enjoy some linux...

tell me can i cancel ec2 contract after 11 months and 25 days with no FEE ?

From everything I've read, yes, but not 100% certain. They offer 750h per month for the free tier. You can either run

1 instance = 750minuts month
2 instances = 750/2

So better to stick to 1.

Also, other considerations everyone should be aware of.
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/gettingstarted/latest/awsgsg-intro/gsg-aws-free-tier-usage-limits.html

EDIT: wow... aparently they count linux and windows separely, so you can have 2 instances with 750mins.. hmm.. must investigate further...

AMIs that are available under the free tier are marked in the Amazon EC2 Launch Wizard as Free Tier Eligible. Both Linux and Microsoft Windows AMIs are available under the free tier. The free tier allotment for Linux and Microsoft Windows instances is counted separately; you can run 750 hours of a Linux t1.micro instance and 750 hours of a Windows t1.micro instance in the free tier each month.

i know this thread is outdated but on another note,
looks like we can mine 750 hours a month using a free Amazon.com service called AWS http://docs.aws.amazon.com/gettingstarted/latest/awsgsg-intro/gsg-aws-deploy-sample-app.html
This video show how in addition to applications they give us, we can deploy a miner application.
750/24 hours a day = 31.25 days! That is 24/7 365 free cloud miner. How Groovy!
Can any help the Dev with a simple tutorial on yje fourms about how we could mine or masternode host Darkcoin 364 days for free with Amazon?

Last edited by a moderator:
i know this thread is outdated but on another note,
looks like we can mine 750 hours a month using a free Amazon.com service called AWS http://docs.aws.amazon.com/gettingstarted/latest/awsgsg-intro/gsg-aws-deploy-sample-app.html
This video show how in addition to applications they give us, we can deploy a miner application.
750/24 hours a day = 31.25 days! That is 24/7 365 free cloud miner. How Groovy!
Can any help the Dev with a simple tutorial on yje fourms about how we could mine or masternode host Darkcoin 364 days for free with Amazon?
Yes, and we have a great tutorial by chaeplin in 3 parts.
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/ho...ubuntu-for-masternode-part-1-3.240/#post-2453

I can't remember, but if you have the 1 or 3 year contract, I believe you can sell it with their system somehow to another user. Haven't looked into it yet though???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back