• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Fork in The Road

Number #1 or #2

• #1 (one)

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • #2 (two)

Votes: 87 91.6%
  • #3 (three) Don't understand the implications of what I am voting for; please explain in more detail.

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
#2 Anonymous E-cash please :) That is what we thought we bought. I'm loving how low bloat Darkcoin is and Bitcoin has that impending minor issue to deal with.

Though, I do not understand the full implications of "providing a host of anonymity services using the Darksend implementation." I can only guess at what this means.

Perhaps a decentralized anonymous digital currency exchange based on the work of Darksend is permitable.

The second option does seem like the better one. Keep it up the focus on the anonymity and the masternode network. Those will be the strong points of Darkcoin for decades to come.

catlasshrugged
http://electrum-drk.org/
electrum_banner.png

I wanted to put this out there to get the communities take on what Darkcoin should be in the future. I think there's a fork is the road for Darkcoin. I have a few different ideas for what masternodes could do. A few months ago when I came up with the idea of paying Masternodes I was thinking they could pretty much decentralize everything on the internet. That being said, it looks like other coins are already focusing on this.

As a result I don't believe we should do what others are doing. The thing I think we've really succeeded at is building an anonymity layer that's robust enough to provide nearly total anonymity while also not bloating the blockchain. I don't think there's much competition on that front and we have the brand for that service.

So we need to choose one of these options:

1.) We provide services and try to compete with centralized and next-gen decentralized providers. I think this hurts the anonymity brand by diluting what we're doing.

2.) We focus on providing a host of anonymity services using the Darksend implementation. This would mean my next project would be to rewrite electrum to use the masternodes to anonymize funds, then an android wallet that can use Darksend, then iPhone, etc. The foundation would also be tasked with trying to get businesses to accept Darkcoin and expand the user base.

I think I want to go with #2. It means that ALL users will have an out-of-the-box nearly perfect anonymous payment solution, which could be a big deal in the near term future.

Also, going with #2 would mean we abandon providing Darktor/Iris and similar services.

I think you should concentrate on #2 and we should get independent developers to start on #1.

We are now open sourced. Independent developers can create services, such as DarkISIS or whatever, an open bazaar, an exchange, etc... They can earn funds for the masternode network (thereby making it more desirable to own a MN, increasing the numbers, etc...) as well as for themselves via a donation directly to them ala p2pool. Or any other way they wish to do it. It's time for develpoers to step out of the scam alt scene and earn some real, honest coins with useful apps for the network to run.

However, Evan, Have you created an easy, clean way for programs to attach to the network? If not, this might be needed. Like a plug-in system that can't disrupt the masternode network?

Plus, we should make the foundation, or a spin off have the function of reviewing code and giving masternode owners the thumbs up if they want to run it, so we know if the add in is safe and does what it's supposed to do. Finally, any service that is deemed really important, can thus become part of the darkcoin core service.

Flexability, options and easy integration to the core will keep this coin alive and ahead of everyone else. But primarily TESTNET has to be encouraged.

IE: I want my cake and to eat it too. I don't see why we have to abandon ISIS or any other service. This can still be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should concentrate on #2 and we should get independent developers to start on #1.

We are now open sourced. Independent developers can create services, such as DarkISIS or whatever, an open bazaar, an exchange, etc... They can earn funds for the masternode network (thereby making it more desirable to own a MN, increasing the numbers, etc...) as well as for themselves via a donation directly to them ala p2pool. Or any other way they wish to do it. It's time for develpoers to step out of the scam alt scene and earn some real, honest coins with useful apps for the network to run.

However, Evan, Have you created an easy, clean way for programs to attach to the network? If not, this might be needed. Like a plug-in system that can't disrupt the masternode network?

Plus, we should make the foundation, or a spin off have the function of reviewing code and giving masternode owners the thumbs up if they want to run it, so we know if the add in is safe and does what it's supposed to do. Finally, any service that is deemed really important, can thus become part of the darkcoin core service.

Flexability, options and easy integration to the core will keep this coin alive and ahead of everyone else. But primarily TESTNET has to be encouraged.

IE: I want my cake and to eat it too. I don't see why we have to abandon ISIS or any other service. This can still be done.

Can we please refrain from calling anything ISIS right now…. please…. Choose Osiris or Horus or whatever, but it would be great if we could avoid potentially being accused of associating with any media or American targets whether they be real or created… lol

Can we please refrain from calling anything ISIS right now…. please…. Choose Osiris or Horus or whatever, but it would be great if we could avoid potentially being accused of associating with any media or American targets whether they be real or created… lol

It was IRIS, and it's been put on the back burner anyway. By the time it gets done the CIA will probably have trained & funded another islamic extremist group called Osiris or Horus or whatever, just in time for them to turn on them like the others they trained & funded before.

I hope everyone learns in time to accept the truth of Love. Violence has no place in truth and I hope people will learn to forgive themselves for the mistakes of the past so we can build strong foundations for a wonderful future for all.

Everybody makes mistakes, but very rarely do people make big mistakes when their decisions are weighed by their love for others in balance with respect for themselves. I also think whatever might have happened in the past and maybe still is, there is a promise of a beautiful world within us all, where all live in harmony with life, with nature. All that being said, I hope we soon learn as a species to cooperate and work together to bring lasting peace to the earth and the universe and truly reflect what is in our hearts and in the hearts of others. That people will remember who they truly are and step out of Ego and return our energy from wherever it might get caught up, to the heart center our truth and let it remain there.

Sometimes people get lost in the mind games and illusions of Maya, but the truth is there is always love for everybody in everybody and one day people will not hurt other people. Everybody who is allowed to remember the truth of this will live in Love and live in Peace. Today, on this difficult day for crypto currency believers, in what has been a difficult year in truth, I guess that if I have one thing to say it is that I have love for you my friends, all of you wherever you may be, and that I believe we will all learn to step out of the wheel of karma, so we can once more paint the world in beauty and peace and joy with our deepest vibrations of truth, we are all One :)

I agree #2 is most important, but does anyone see a problem with making a private network service legally or otherwise? I still think it's an awesome opportunity. I also would like to see the masternodes host an exchange that is trustless (no fiat conversions, that would be impossible to do with all the regulations). And also a decentralized marketplace hosted by masternodes and serving Darkcoin would be excellent.

What issues do you all see for a decentralized private network access point service please? It seemed like some of you were adamantly against this?? Thanks!

Hummmm DPNAPS.... diaper naps?

Adoption by the mainstream is the key to survival. Development of an easy to use out of the box solution is the only way to go. Joe schmo is not going to randomly attempt to start using any crypto if it isnt simple.

And a bulletin board on the 101/202 interchange would be a nice start. Commuters would have to sit and stare at darkcoin while stuck in traffic.

yes u will be sitting "in traffic " for a while
as Darkcoin is NO MORE !! this THREAD IS FROM 2014 o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back