• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Fork in The Road

Number #1 or #2

• #1 (one)

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • #2 (two)

Votes: 87 91.6%
  • #3 (three) Don't understand the implications of what I am voting for; please explain in more detail.

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

It'll be nice to offer DarkSend's infrastructure - to torproject.org's and similar projects with lots of users. Mainly not to earn money for MN - but to promote DarkCoin technology to new users, PR and so on.

<Sarcasm>
If all of you want #2, then I vote for #1.
</Sarcasm>

As a masternode owner, I will gladly reduce my "web of everything tx fees" if we can get this thing locked up tight. #2 all the way.

#2 all the way. Focusing on one thing that is hard will differentiate Darkcoin from the competition.

I love the idea of #1, and what it means for the internet - but I don't think that is necessarily what is best for the future of darkcoin, for exactly what you said, there will be a lot of competition in that market and it dilutes what darkcoin is about.

That being said, I do think masternodes have the potential to offer additional "services," maybe something like the concept of an oracle? But it is probably a good idea to let this side of the project be an evolving discussion over time where we find the best ideas and implement them after we have aired out all of the details.

But as far as the present is concerned, #2 all the way. Focus on making darkcoin out of the box anonymous for any use case - electrum, mobile wallets, etc.

I vote #2. We have to prioritize and the 'network' effect is critical, and mainstream adoption can only be achieved if the interface is user friendly, cross-platform, and easy to use. It's as simple as that. A currency with full anonymity without quality cross-platform software to use it is like owning a Ferrari without an engine... :wink:

#2 for sure. Make it polished for all use cases.

We are now back on track - love it.

I wanted to put this out there to get the communities take on what Darkcoin should be in the future. I think there's a fork is the road for Darkcoin. I have a few different ideas for what masternodes could do. A few months ago when I came up with the idea of paying Masternodes I was thinking they could pretty much decentralize everything on the internet. That being said, it looks like other coins are already focusing on this.

As a result I don't believe we should do what others are doing. The thing I think we've really succeeded at is building an anonymity layer that's robust enough to provide nearly total anonymity while also not bloating the blockchain. I don't think there's much competition on that front and we have the brand for that service.

So we need to choose one of these options:

1.) We provide services and try to compete with centralized and next-gen decentralized providers. I think this hurts the anonymity brand by diluting what we're doing.

2.) We focus on providing a host of anonymity services using the Darksend implementation. This would mean my next project would be to rewrite electrum to use the masternodes to anonymize funds, then an android wallet that can use Darksend, then iPhone, etc. The foundation would also be tasked with trying to get businesses to accept Darkcoin and expand the user base.

I think I want to go with #2. It means that ALL users will have an out-of-the-box nearly perfect anonymous payment solution, which could be a big deal in the near term future.

Also, going with #2 would mean we abandon providing Darktor/Iris and similar services.

#2 as well. Don't abandon the idea of value added services with the masternodes, just stick a pin in it for now. Get Darkcoin perfected with multi OS wallets so you can access your coins anywhere. Concentrate on giving Bitcoin a run for its internet money, and then when it's close to perfect and you're bored, you can focus you're talents on MasterNet or whatever else we can achieve with masternodes.....

Tao

Edit: The markets seem to like this direction as well!

I don't think it's really necessary to vote anymore....it's essentially unanimously #2 all the way. I do agree with kaene, however, that once #2 is pretty much wrapped up, integration with OpenBazaar should be attacked next. It is a perfect fit to have a truly decentralized, anonymous market integrated with Darkcoin...and would increase the use and popularity of Darkcoin. If done properly, with the right PR, this will be a great boon to our community.

I'm voting for #2... Not because the majority has voted that way but because the core concept of Darkcoin from day one was anonymity. Stick to being the best at what Darkcoin was meant to be!

#2 is what we, hence Darkcoin,stand for: Anonymity, and to increase the user base of a decentralized monetary mechanism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back