• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Ambassador Group

I just found a good DRK story in Arabic,
as we do not have an arabic section on DCT (i just asked props for it)
it would be great if our Arabic/Saudi community members could post this around a bit !
i send it to @ambrassadorzizo on slack
http://www.aqlame.com/article23097.html

About 3 years ago I was in Berlin with my mom, and we found a nice little hole in the wall on Kurfürstendamm and it only cost $35 a night! It was an old building and slightly musty, but we really loved the vibe. and it was clean! I wish very much I could go back again! Anyone want to send me? LOL.

So anyway, I need help creating an event that people will go to. I'm very bad at this. So I'm all ears to suggestions.

Also, I wish I could go to the MIT event, but it's on the other side of the continent. Ugh :(

hey tante
creating an event is one thing
but remember you can participate in many other ways too
- events big/ small
- start a chat room (i am running 2 by now, ton of work but they really pull some people)
- participate in Crypto Chat Rooms (works great, do not rush in there and sell DRK, do it shuttle and drop some lines, works even better than post above)
- get onto Twitter,FB,G+, whatever social media and post DRK News (TRUE + REAL News only please, as we do not wanna be like all the shxxtcoins out there spreading empty hype)
- write a DRK story
- email merchants (your favourite webpage or even your favourite restaurant) (please be polite and professional)
- email payment systems (please be polite and professional)
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/damn-no-4.4214/#post-44736
- develop your community in your country and language ! (there are endless possibilities + all the mentioned above, i am just trying to launch china, and there is so much work to do)
- .......>

so DAG has something for everybody !
Endless possibilities , if you need more suggestions or have an idea bit do not know how to go for it,
ping me and i will definitely have some ideas for you
(yes tungfa is 2 coffees into the day, and back on fire :wink:)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey tante
creating an event is one thing
but remember you can participate in many other ways too
- events big/ small
- start a chat room (i am running 2 by now, ton of work but they really pull some people)
- participate in Crypto Chat Rooms (works great, do not rush in there and sell DRK, do it shuttle and drop some lines, works even better than post above)
I thought I read "Do it like a space shuttle and drop some bombs"...
silly me! :grin:

:cool:
(i refuse to correct it)

as my misspellings seems to be the most interesting part of my post
lets see if it will attract others !

lololol. Saturday Night Funzies.

see it totally works
a little tungfa style misspelling and some action in the DAG again
i think i will do this on purpose in the future
(or was that on purpose already)

I don't remember who, but there was a writer that said something like "bad English is the new esperanto". I feel sorry for the native English speakers who have to read us here :)

Hi, I can't believe I didn't stumble upon this project earlier!
I would like to join if it's not too late :grin:

I'm a Norwegian student going to one of the biggest universities here. I have been teaching friends and others (even a professor!:cool:) about Bitcoin and Darkcoin for a long time now, and some friends of mine are well invested because of it :smile: I know I'm not in the most central place of all, but I guess we need someone up here in the cold as well.

Oh, and btw, I'm "Darkcoins" moderating our subreddit and talking on irc :rolleyes:

Hi guys. If you're cool for me to be part of this then I'm game :D I've been spreading the word since getting involved and have managed to talk people into parting with near enough £800 on Dash in the last two weeks. I plan on getting them to invest a tonne more but if anything I would like to see about getting involved in the forums more and promoting Dash through my businesses.

I will be looking to start accepting Dash through my businesses over the coming weeks but I need to raise awareness first.

The biggest problem at the moment is getting people to understand how it all works, how they can protect their investment, and using Dash on a regular basis to pay for products and services. I would say that this is the biggest struggle and most people that I've educated about Dash didn't even know about Bitcoin and thought Bitcoin was some sort of game haha!

Also the other question that everyone asks is "Why?....."Why should I start using Dash and why do I care about keeping my transactions anonymous? What's the point? Where can I even spend it?" If I'm honest I do my best to answer this but also struggle at the same time......I know why I'm investing and that's because I care about my privacy, about the freedom of the internet and I heavily believe in Dash being the no.1 currency worldwide in the very near future.

If anyone can help with this then please let me know but also if you're happy for me to jump on board and help however I can then great! :)

Hi guys. If you're cool for me to be part of this then I'm game :D I've been spreading the word since getting involved and have managed to talk people into parting with near enough £800 on Dash in the last two weeks. I plan on getting them to invest a tonne more but if anything I would like to see about getting involved in the forums more and promoting Dash through my businesses.

I will be looking to start accepting Dash through my businesses over the coming weeks but I need to raise awareness first.

The biggest problem at the moment is getting people to understand how it all works, how they can protect their investment, and using Dash on a regular basis to pay for products and services. I would say that this is the biggest struggle and most people that I've educated about Dash didn't even know about Bitcoin and thought Bitcoin was some sort of game haha!

Also the other question that everyone asks is "Why?....."Why should I start using Dash and why do I care about keeping my transactions anonymous? What's the point? Where can I even spend it?" If I'm honest I do my best to answer this but also struggle at the same time......I know why I'm investing and that's because I care about my privacy, about the freedom of the internet and I heavily believe in Dash being the no.1 currency worldwide in the very near future.

If anyone can help with this then please let me know but also if you're happy for me to jump on board and help however I can then great! :)
You can tell them about it being digital cash. You can spend it anywhere in the world, no more converting currencies when travelling or shopping online; a true world currency! :grin:

You should also mention that fungibility, instant payments and scalability are important to have in a world-wide digital currency, and Dash is the only currency offering this!

Hello, Guys, you may be wondering what is our next step as Ambassadors. Well evidently the re-branding is our immediate priority as presenting ourselves in front of groups as Darkcoin does not make sense anymore. So please as ambassadors support the rebranding transition. After we have official new logos, we need to convert our materials to the new branding. Once we are done with that process we can start organizing presentations again. So please support the re-branding process.

The IBT article has been incorporated into our Meetup announncementt at http://www.meetup.com/Makati-Digital-Currency-Meetup/events/220819514/

The meetup has 98 members now so we should break 100 in a few days. We are rapidly becoming the largest digital cash meetup in the Philippines. I am in the process of rebranding and extending my presentation https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ztk0jagePkzvi6RLQW9Flf0bdS50gVZsN1QPFbUK4Ok/edit?usp=sharing which remains a work in progress.

My intent is to focus on financial privacy and SWIFT transactions (InstanTX). We can leverage the adjective SWIFT to build mental associations with the SWIFT network .

BobLQ
http://www.meetup.com/Makati-Digital-Currency-Meetup/

You can tell them about it being digital cash. You can spend it anywhere in the world, no more converting currencies when travelling or shopping online; a true world currency! :grin:

You should also mention that fungibility, instant payments and scalability are important to have in a world-wide digital currency, and Dash is the only currency offering this!
Cool thanks man :D

I've taken your list and added to it so that when I'm asked any of the same questions again I can answer without hesitation.

Thanks for this by the way :D

I would have put the list in my last post but my phone is shit and keeps on auto-filling from the second I type in one to two letters and I've done everything that I can think of in the settings haha!

Anyway here's my list:

1) Dash, has an easy-to-remember name and it's name reflects what it is and what it does. No other cryptocurrency currently has that.

2) The name 'Dash' has essentially rebranded the whole industry so now anyone can talk about cryptocurrencies as 'Digital Cash' but the top spot will be 'Dash' the currency. This is why Dash will achieve much more than Bitcoin ever did and will hit larger audiences much faster. It's now easier than ever to mention digital currencies in conversation.

3) Instant transactions - This is now possible with InstantX

4) You have the ability to increase the security on transactions by increasing the number of rounds that it goes through

5) Anonymous transactions - This has been made possible with Darksend which jumbles up your coins' receive / send addresses that are associated with it and mixing them with a number of other addresses confusing anyone or anything trying to trace where the payments originally came from. This means less time worrying about hacks and more time investing in the future currency, Dash. You can also purchase what you want when you want with no trace coming back to you so.....Need to have the wife bumped off? No Problem! Pay someone with Dash and no-one will ever know that you had the bitch killed.... :) (I'm joking about that last bit haha!)

6) With Dash you can pay in anything from large amounts right down to tiny decimals. This makes the currency more accurate that current globally used currencies in banks

7) No more banking fees - Why should banks benefit from holding your hard-earned money by charging you when they get to play with it anyway? It's now completely under your control and if the bank goes bust then who cares. Unlike Northern Rock Bank you won't lose your money as Dash will always be available.

8) The currency isn't controlled by any government. This is extremely important as it can't ever be shut down and this is made even more safe with Masternodes. Unless a government traced everyone Dash owner and bought every bit of Dash then they wouldn't be able to shut it down! It's safe, secure and it always promotes internet freedom. This also means that no-one will see what you do with your money. Why should it be anyone else's business what you do with your property?!

9) It's a global currency! No more exchange rates so no more hassle!

10) Great investment! In the future Dash will be worth considerable more.....Now is the time to invest!

11) Incredible community and dev team! This in itself is something that you won't find anywhere else.

Ok so that's how I would present it to people, by hitting on those points. If you guys can think of anymore to add to it then please let me know :D Thanks again!

Back