• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DARK chat wallet

aristokrat

I am new to this forum and want to say Hi!

What do you say to idea: Encrypted anonymous dark chat between two addresses, integrated in wallet?

Should DEVS consider this in future?

something like bitmessage for darkcoin. I like the idea but dont see the point to have this integrated into the core client. will think about alternatives.

the good is, we already have key pairs and p2p communication.

This would be really cool IMO, especially if groups and such were supported - This could even serve as a platform for conducting P2P trades with DRK. However this isn't something we should be thinking about just yet, development is currently focusing on improving DarkSend, then moving on to InstantX. Once these are done, we can start discussing things like this, services that we could use the network of MN's for.

But yeah this is one advantage Bitcoin really has over DarkCoin: P2P (read: off the exchanges) trading - LocalBitcoins basically. DRK really needs a platform like it. I'm actually considering making such a site for DRK myself when I finish uni, both to advance my web dev skills and learn how to apply them in the real world for crypto purposes. Not promising anything, but it's going to be the first project I start on. If it turns out good and proves functional, I'll definitely put it up.

Maybe 1 DRK wallet balance could be neded to chat, not realy to pay for service. Thus people should buy at least 1 DRK to be able using anonymous dark chat....

something like bitmessage for darkcoin. I like the idea but dont see the point to have this integrated into the core client. will think about alternatives.

the good is, we already have key pairs and p2p communication.

Heavily secured general-purpose field/struct/object for communication and "rich"-clients can use it via RPC for messaging, chats and whatnot. Data gets not persisted of course.
This might probably end in a new BitTorrent network with payment-options, though :rolleyes:

DarkTorrent...you've heard it here first :grin:

I like the idea but dont see the point to have this integrated into the core client.
Me neither. Use cases for payments and messaging are quite different. You may want messenger to be open all day long, but you don't want your wallet open if not necessary.

Back