• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Cryptsy

I have always used cryptsy.. before I used BTC-e. But I went over to cryptsy because they have more coins etc.
The only thing I think is pretty dusturbing with cryptsy is that the deposits are really really slow sometimes. The withdrawals are faster than deposits (lol).

To deposit DRK on Cryptsy and have them as "Available Balance" takes 10-15 min, and you can see your "Pending Deposits" in less then 5 min.

watch your ass with cryptsy. i've heard some horror stories.

I have another round of someone trying to break into my cryptsy account. The only thing stopping them is 2fa.

I've been waiting over an hour for a withdrawal of DRK from Cryptsy. The withdrawal is "confirmed" on my account page but hasn't hit the blockchain yet. This is painful!

My god, this is painful! Over two hours since Cryptsy confirmed my DRK withdrawal and it STILL hasn't hit the blockchain. Their chat mods have told me that this is not abnormal and that I shouldn't worry. I'm not actually worried about my coins...more worried about the time window that I have to work with!

Cryptsy are slow as all hell. Try Bittrex next time or even Poloniex. Both are good speed-wise.

I'm reading horror stories of (large) withdrawals not happening until your account is verified but verification taking up to two months!

I'm not happy with this at all. Its at times like this that I almost sign up to twitter so I can start bad mouthing companies.

It took 4 hours to get access to my deposited BTC yesterday and now I'm looking at hours to months to get my withdrawal processed.

This is seriously annoying.

It'll be closer to hours I am sure. I always send a ticket when this happens as then they are more likely to sort it out. Mark it urgent too.

Credit where credit is due they have sorted things out. Just had a chat with their head of customer services.

They have a trust score system that builds up the more you deposit/trade etc. They also have verification that is required for FIAT withdrawals.

Anybody below a certain trust threshold has to have their withdrawals manually verified which only happens during working hours EDT.

I'm all verified and had my trust rating bumped so this shouldnt be an issue any more.

I'm not quite sure what to make of Cryptsy yet but I think I prefer them to Bitfinex and Cex.io. Time will tell I guess.

Fiat on exchanges is always awkward. I usually withdraw it as Bitcoin and then exchange to fiat through different means (for me I have trusted buyers, but localbitcoins is a good way to make a bit of profit and you can get deposits to your bank account).

Back