• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Cryptsy

TanteStefana

Foundation Member
I've traded on C-Cex and Cryptsy and both have been fine. I don't keep any coin on the sites though, they are withdrawn when my business is finished. I don't want to trust my funds in an online wallet.

I have always used Cryptsy with no other issues other then being slow sometimes. If someone asked me what exchange to use, I would recommend them.

The only issue I have with Cryptsy is that the DRK withdraw cost is huge compared to other coins. 0.1 drk compared to 1 doge.... If anyone can explain to me why there is this huge difference I'd appreciate it. Is this simply because of the volume of the trading of the two coins is a lot different?

Is the slow deposit and withdraw times safer due to longer confirmation times, we have all heard the excuses of Mt Gox and the double spends hacks. Or is it merely Big Vern's badly run server, I for one don't mind waiting if it makes everything less hackable and secure.

Cryptsy is a necessary evil for Darkcoin at this point.
Deposits take forever and you hear a lot of complaints about them, but they got volume.
I feel like they're the Mt. Gox of altcoins.
I'm always nervous when trading there, but I still do..:confused:

Just a pointer for those worried about revealing your identity. A couple of days ago they have started to ask people to verify their ID. They said that if you don't do it you won't be able to trade agaist USD (they have been announcing USD markets for months but they never launch them...) and your withdrawals will be limited to 1000 USD per day OR THE EQUIVALENT AMOUNT IN CRYPTO. They didn't say when they would start enforcing that limit, but you better verify or don't trade big there.

Edit: changed a word in last sentence because it was a typo

Last edited by a moderator:
They are slow for deposits so if you want to move it's maybe wise to keep some (small) coin there if you are trading. Withdrawal seems fine. They have decent support too if create a ticket.

Just a pointer for those worried about revealing your identity. A couple of days ago they have started to ask people to verify their ID. They said that if you don't do it you won't be able to trade agaist USD (they have been announcing USD markets for months but they never launch them...) and your withdrawals will be limited to 1000 USD per day OR THE EQUIVALENT AMOUNT IN CRYPTO. They didn't say when they would start enforcing that limit, but you better verify of don't trade big there.

why better we verify if we don't trade big? If we are not going to be trading USD there is no reason to verify correct?

why better we verify if we don't trade big? If we are not going to be trading USD there is no reason to verify correct?
That was a typo, I just read and what I was trying to say is verify OR don't trade big there. You are right, you don't need to. But be careful not to accumulate a lot coins there just in case you have trouble withdrawing.

That was a typo, I just read and what I was trying to say is verify OR don't trade big there. You are right, you don't need to. But be careful not to accumulate a lot coins there just in case you have trouble withdrawing.
thank you, I was like :confused:

My gentleman i tried cryptsy but it was very slow with deposits and withdraw (just that day i got my first impression) i went to MinPal instead and it's working good so far.

WTF Cryptsy!!! new level of creepiness!! I had started the process of verification just in case I need to trade bigger than 1000 usd, but this is not acceptable. All my balances there at zero right now.
2z8oyTN.png

On another note, they have lowered their withdrawal fee for DRK form 0.1 to a more reasonable 0.01 DRK.

I totally paniced when I saw that. I had like 50 BTC in Cryptsy and a 1000 USD limit would mean for me like one month hard work to get it out again. I was lucky the limits were not applied yet and panic-withdrew all of my funds. I will never touch this exchange again.

And since all my personal data got stolen with the MtGox hack, I'm not sending my ID to any crap exchange as long as I really do not need to. Screw Cryptsy.

https://www.cryptsy.com/
is a fair choice of exchange in my mind. Its located in USA, complies with AML and KYC.

I'v never had a problem with their withdrawls. Set-up the 2-FA on the phone app called "Authy" from the android/iPhone market and you are all good.

Money Orders sent to Cryptsy by mail for USD deposits are always faster then echecks. This could make all the difference.

https://www.cryptsy.com/
is a fair choice of exchange in my mind. Its located in USA, complies with AML and KYC.

I'v never had a problem with their withdrawls. Set-up the 2-FA on the phone app called "Authy" from the android/iPhone market and you are all good.

Money Orders sent to Cryptsy by mail for USD deposits are always faster then echecks. This could make all the difference.
But isnt the 1000 USD limit bothering you or are you veryfied or only dealing with small amounts?

But isnt the 1000 USD limit bothering you or are you verified or only dealing with small amounts?
*First, I got verified.
Choose: Paying via Cashiers, BillPay, Personal, or Company Check, Money Order,
The Maximum Deposit: $20,000 per Money Order w/ Fee: No fee

I never had a problem there ether,
but i do not trust anybody with US$ Bank transfers !
I only do localbitcoin.com for BTC and then go from there to exchanges (Crypsy / Mintpal) to get DRK.
I think this is the safest way and it never failed me ! ...>>
(and super fast / you see the market change and you still can get in it 30 minutes after)

Back