• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

claim to be masternode operator

moocowmoo has a script setup here in the forum here you can sign a message and get a masternode badge, i guess we need some kinda of check when they are no longer the masternode owner to remove the badge at some point

moocowmoo has a script setup here in the forum here you can sign a message and get a masternode badge, i guess we need some kinda of check when they are no longer the masternode owner to remove the badge at some point

where is this script? how someone can use it?

Might be a good feature @moocowmoo could add to DashCentral.

Just so I'm clear, the way to verify a master node operator is to ask the operator to sign a message using an address associated with the MN. Is there a list of MN addresses publicly available?

Might be a good feature @moocowmoo could add to DashCentral.

Just so I'm clear, the way to verify a master node operator is to ask the operator to sign a message using an address associated with the MN. Is there a list of MN addresses publicly available?
DashCentral is a private site owned by @rango, so only him can do that. In fact, if masternode owners can already prove their ownership in DashCentral so they can vote from there instead of from their own wallet, so he should be able to do something like this. One thing to note, though, is that many people won't sign messages or register, so this is not perfect way to identify masternode owners. It is just a signal for those who want to signal.

Regarding the list of masternodes, yes it is public and anyone can see it in the protocol. If you go to dashninja.pl you can see a ton of information about masternodes.

@jimbursch

DashCentral allows to verify your masternode ownership since it's beginning. Ownership is currently not displayed within the proposal discussions. There was no need to do so yet (no spam etc.).

Back