• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget Proposal - Vendor-Experience

And a proposal just came in for the Satoshi Roundtable, no comment, no author, 718 coins for 2 months and it already has 87 yes votes. WTF? At least be sure it's Evan's proposal!

Guess someone is trying to make a point and to act all clever afterwards. I don't think this came from Evan but someone wants people to think it did.

I think we should better explain to MN's owners (A kind of brochure "How to vote in Dash system?") how voting works.

Because this Proposal is not in fact about "8 years = 72,171 DASH"
This Proposal is about "729 DASH per moth - please you decide for how many months to vote".

So everybody who want to support this team - just start financing it now by voting "YES".
And then just vote "NO" when you think Proposal's financing is big enough.

1. If you want to finance it with 729 DASH - please vote "NO" after 1 month.
2. If you want to finance it with 1458 DASH -please vote "NO" after 2 month.
6. If you want to finance it with 4374 DASH -please vote "NO" after half a year.
It's that simple. It always stays under your control.

I don't see any problem with "huge numbers" - they are mythical in fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel said it came from Evan, from his announcement on Miami. Maybe all the votes are insiders, but it needs to be explained IMO, if we require this of others. And there is yet another proposal for 7000 dash per month to start a company, LOL.

proposal spam... wow... this is new. i guess proposal fee should be higher, deadline should be longer, and voting target should be bigger

Daniel said it came from Evan, from his announcement on Miami. Maybe all the votes are insiders, but it needs to be explained IMO, if we require this of others. And there is yet another proposal for 7000 dash per month to start a company, LOL.

I know about the Satoshi Round Table invite and the person who made that proposal obviously knows about it as well. I don't think it came from Evan because he always provided details on all his proposals. It would be a first if he didn't and just doesn't make any sense.

I think we should better explain to MN's owners (A kind of brochure "How to vote in Dash system?") how voting works.
No, not needed.

Because this Proposal is not in fact about "8 years = 72,171 DASH"
This Proposal is about "729 DASH per moth - please you decide for how many months to vote".

So everybody who want to support this team - just start financing it now by voting "YES".
And then just vote "NO" what you think Proposal's financing is big enough.

1. If you want to finance it with 729 DASH - please vote "NO" after 1 month.
2. If you want to finance it with 1458 DASH -please vote "NO" after 2 month.
And then? Money gone. Reputation down the drain.

Getting enough people to disable a running budget will be a troll infested war we should try to avoid.

(...)

That's what I have been saying since https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-budget-proposals-voting-rules.6130

Many (most) people does not read code. The way the voting process works should be clearly translated into plain English, in order to avoid doubts like the ones we encountere here.

(...)The DASH budget system is to valuable to use for every 'good idea', this should be left to entrepreneurs.(...)

But I don't want to wait for the entrepeneurs: if DASH can act and prove our ideals are valid, why should we abstain to act now?

If we have a quick look around the cryptocurrencies main forums it's not hard to see that the standard disseminated view about DASH is "it's snake oil", "it's bla bla bla", "it does not work".... How are "outsiders" going to see through all this troll's discourse if the DASH community does not prove ourselves?

DASH does need research. DASH does need to show potential entrepeneurs that it is real, by means of these research results.

It's unfair to say that the people behind the proposal are trying to hack our budget system for their own benefit! (edit: I am sure competent and dedicated researchers do cost a lot more)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know about the Satoshi Round Table invite and the person who made that proposal obviously knows about it as well. I don't think it came from Evan because he always provided details on all his proposals. It would be a first if he didn't and just doesn't make any sense.
Apparently he had a doctor's appointment. Anyway, I won't vote until he claims it.

Look, there is no budget space for the next 3 months anyway. I hope the guys can resubmit this budget in 2 months for 3 months from now. Hopefully we can get it to pass.

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - Il Duce

And we have our answer... No.

It's one thing to invest money. Another to invest myself. I already gave up my dream of floating away on a sailboat, spending the rest of my days floating between sandy dots on a map of the south pacific, and more... I make 6 figures doing what I already do, and I don't want to do that anymore.

I think the major disconnect here, and what has ruined my faith in it, is that this community simply doesn't grasp the level of commitment needed. I've been asking that it be voted down since only a few hours after it was submitted. Comms were bad. I've been on the edge of a barely working cell signal since I got back home, DSL has been out until a few hours ago.

Too many people just don't get it. The unknown is exactly that. I can't draw a map of a place that no one has ever been or seen. I can do nothing more than show my willingness to make the commitment needed. The community is unwilling to support that. I believe in DASH's ability to fulfill the vision Satoshi had for Bitcoin, but it's lack of features relegated it to ponzi/mlm BS. That has become the comfortable cave in which we crouch, maniacally polishing our precious... Too afraid to do what is different. Afraid of success.

I was forced to take my ball and go home. This machine is sitting in my shop... What good is it there? Will no one who flies the DASH flag actually step up and find a foot-trafficked home for this billboard shaped like a vending machine? Everyone wants the free money, nobody wants to lift a finger. Someone does it for you, and you spit in his face and demand that he set himself up for failure?

I realize the people balking at this don't realize that they're asking for failure. Just keep polishing your precious. You know where to find me...

I think you're being too negative. I bet if it was resubmitted with a 6 month time frame, it would pass with flying colours. Surely in 6 months we would see some progress, right? Just try it, if I'm wrong I'll give you the 5 dash.

I've got things to do that pay way more money, and cause me far fewer headaches. If you want a battle of the basement dwellers, you can have it. From someone else.

no no, I know you can afford it! all I'm saying is, please try one more time with the 6 month window. if you want to give up then ok, but I think 5 minutes to prove me wrong is a small price

Someone does it for you, and you spit in his face and demand that he set himself up for failure?

I didn't see anybody spit in your face. All I saw was reasonable people asking for a) more information, and b) a more limited timeframe.

I think you got your feelings hurt because you put a lot of work into Dash and you believed (mistakenly) that you weren't appreciated. You are.

Feelings? We were supposed to hit the ground running with those things that set DASH apart and make it able to fulfill Satoshi's vision. Now this...

It's a broad task, and I don't see that there is a conclusion for it. So, we didn't put one on there.

People who are good at this don't work for free, and they won't succeed if you micromanage them. Me, some other guy, doesn't really matter.

Words mean nothing. Actions matter. Who's gonna come get this machine? You've known about it for at least a month now. Has even one person had even one conversation with a retailer about having it sit there?

I don't even want it and I'm accused of using DASH funds for personal profit? Even if it were so, how is that a bad thing? Dash profitable in the real world? Able to pay for itself, and then some? Golly, what terrible headlines... Damn, Dash actually works! Quick, kill that evil plot! I'd be damn pleased if the people picking up this baton made enough money to pay an electric bill instead of working additional hours at a crappy job. Or, God forbid, another machine which I'd help them build for not one penny! Two Dash Billboards! But a month after letting the world know that we would be pulling this miracle out of my ass, where is it? Sitting right there, same spot it was in last week, and the week before, after a 900 mile gnoming voyage to be hated on for a hot chick standing next to it, lols... Please, show me the crypto-project that deserves to have it's logo on boobs? Maybe no one should be allowed to make money off of a Dash project that uses the core wallet? I mean, who paid for that? We ARE money. How can we be so opposed to our own existence? What extreme level of self-loathing is this? How can a community be so virulently opposed to profit, while being money itself? When was communism ever good for a currency? Is it so necessary to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

Yeah, I'm butthurt. But not for the reasons you're suggesting. Mostly, because the 'community' is so clueless that they can't even figure out the reasons... Regardless, being butthurt doesn't guide my choices. I'm patient, if nothing else. But, I'm not 25 and living in my parents' basement.

If you can find someone who thinks he can meet your demands, limitations, and constraints, and still succeed in the task, find him. More power to ya. I'll be glad to shake this divine being's hand and name him my superior. But, my experience says that guy doesn't exist, and he sure as hell won't work as cheap as I offered to.

What if the value goes up? As a direct result of this man's actions? We have to re-evaluate the whole thing to make sure he doesn't get a raise from the fruits of his own labors? Really? We hate that guy that much? How dare he make Dash valuable and profitable!? Fuck him! Hard! In the butt! With a pine cone! Sideways! On fire! How dare he be useful and productive and benefit all of us beyond our wildest dreams! Shit, with a community like that, the IRS is downright friendly!

We've got the same people who demand a $16/hr minimum wage telling me that I'm not worth $8/hr. Think about that... I could be insulted by it, but what's the point in "being offended?" That's their game, not mine. I'm just saying that this mentality is dysfunctional and the antithesis of getting shit done.

If someone taps me on the shoulder and asks me nicely if I'd revisit this notion in a few months, I'll do it. But, my ship may have already sailed. I'm not waiting around forever. Maybe it's an un-bridgeable gulf between my interests and the MN's demands. In that case, working as intended. You think you can find a better deal. By all means, do it. I hold quite a few MNs too, you know... We're not enemies. If you can do better, do it.

Beware the person so desperate to please you that he'll make impossible promises. Beware the people who can't figure out that the promises are impossible. It's like voting for the guy who promises to shut off gravity so you can flap your arms and fly away... Who's dumber? The guy telling you he can do that? Or the unforgivable fools who voted him into the White House?

Anyway, I've said my piece and that's the end of it.

You spent more time making that post than it would take to resubmit. If you quit now, then maybe it shows you wasn't up for 8 years anyway.

Back