• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget Proposal - Vendor-Experience

Solarminer

We have created a proposal to address merchant adoption called Vendor-Experience. There are more details/comments/voting info here. https://www.dashwhale.org/p/Vendor-Experience

We believe the best way to grow Dash is to give users a place to spend their Dash. Dash has an advantage over any other crypto with InstantX that can enable point of sale purchases without risk. We plan to utilize this advantage to show projects in the real world.

The initial project we implemented was the Dash N Drink soda machine. The key to making this project was to implement InstantX detection and trigger a machine credit. This has now opened the door for the next phase.

The next projects we will work on will include more sophisticated interfaces that will take engineering and software to connect to properly. We will be updating mobile wallets so they work quickly and easily. We expect to deploy actual products in actual stores.

The core team members coordinating this project are Camosoul and Solarminer.

Vote here:
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 1cfc2525f33d8dee81640f6860fc85751acea552724ec58d6619f7fcee694ea1 yes

We view this proposal as a core requirement for Dash adoption, not something that is for a single merchant application or single product. If anyone would rather only support this proposal for 1 month/3 months just vote it out when you want. We plan to deliver and keep pushing the envelope of possibilities.

We plan to initially target easier devices and as we learn get to more complicated infrastructure projects. This is the plan as we have it now, but that could change based on vendor participation or types of products available.

Vending machine with multiple products that uses a custom interface.
- Design software to communicate with interface, implement multiple product selection within the dash wallet.

Gas pumps
- Design software to communicate with the pump controller, implement a wifi captive portal checkout with one product.

Dash Sky Store Checkout
- Design a wifi captive portal with multiple products. Implement the Dash Fast Lane - no register checkout.

We will be getting assistance from inside and outside the Dash space. Each application will win press releases and additional status as a leading crypto similar to how we won publicity with the Dash N Drink.

As for the questions about what happens to the products after we are done, we expect them to be in the hands of a merchant who will actually use them. This will bring ongoing publicity along with proof of concept for other merchants to adopt and a base for testing. The valuable part of all these projects is the software, publicity, and to gain adoption. The software will be open source as much as possible. The intent is not to make a business to sell products but to show how products can be used in real world scenarios.

Dash Fast Lane, sounds fantastic!!!! Does this mean people will be able to load dash at the gasoline station, with Dash they not only get a discount, but can use the Dash Fast Lane machine to buy whatever food/drink items they like - no cash register. The Dash Fast Lane is open 24/7 :)

I have another idea, lots of people use the Coinstar machines, they put a bucket load of pennies, nickels, dimes, etc in the machine and the machine spits out a coupon/store credit to buy items in the store. Maybe we could have a machine like that, but give them Dash.

How about: "Turn Your Change to Digital Cash"

coinstar_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear, is it too late to change the terms? You're asking for a lot of coins over 8 years. The value of Dash will change radically in that time. Even if it passes, it's likely to be rejected when the price rises. Couldn't you do something more like 3 months at a time? Also, it might help to explain how the money is to be spent, why so much is needed. I see the vote failing already, but I LOVE this idea, and I especially love your work on the soda machine, and would want you guys to be the team, but the proposal is just too far reaching to win. Unless you have a really good explanation for it that can convince a bunch of people more than not :/

For the first 3 months, 729 DASH isn't crazy at all, IMO, but after a year, I'm hoping Dash will be worth a ton more than it is today, and if it's worth $100 next year which could happen, then we'd be paying you nearly $73,000 a month :p And really, there will be a lot more proposals we'll want to be funding.

So crap, could you re-do this? I want you to win the proposal :)

These are all rather great ideas Solarminer! I would love to see what kind of ideas would come out of your brain if money wasn't the issue! You are so creative!

Side notes for everyone else:
What type of proposal information is suggested to provide? Seeing as some peoples expectations are different than others.

Should proposal be resubmitted each month? Every 2 months? Is there an "ideal" way to propose something to the network and not run into technical issues as this one is? eduffield fernando anyone?

I was hoping to propose an idea as well in the near future, just wanted to have my ducks in line. Thanks!

Oh dear, is it too late to change the terms? You're asking for a lot of coins over 8 years. The value of Dash will change radically in that time. Even if it passes, it's likely to be rejected when the price rises. Couldn't you do something more like 3 months at a time? Also, it might help to explain how the money is to be spent, why so much is needed. I see the vote failing already, but I LOVE this idea, and I especially love your work on the soda machine, and would want you guys to be the team, but the proposal is just too far reaching to win. Unless you have a really good explanation for it that can convince a bunch of people more than not :/

For the first 3 months, 729 DASH isn't crazy at all, IMO, but after a year, I'm hoping Dash will be worth a ton more than it is today, and if it's worth $100 next year which could happen, then we'd be paying you nearly $73,000 a month :p And really, there will be a lot more proposals we'll want to be funding.

So crap, could you re-do this? I want you to win the proposal :)

core-team gets 1176DASH/month x 100 payments do you share the same worries ?

Based on what these guys achieved bringing the soda machine to Miami, I say absolutely vote Yes - give 'em the ball and let them run with it!

Details of their future projects can be provided as they evolve... right now details will only invite endless discussion and nothing will actually ever get done.

If after a month or two we are dissatisfied, the proposal can always be voted out, but for now I am confident this is 700 Dash well invested.

As others have said, it's a really good initiative but it needs a much shorter timeframe; maybe 3 or 4 months, 6 at a push if the plan is robust.

A more detailed plan would be most useful, not just to those voting but also to all those working on it.

For now it's a no from me but I'm absolutely behind you guys when the proposal is fleshed out.

As others have said, it's a really good initiative but it needs a much shorter timeframe; maybe 3 or 4 months, 6 at a push if the plan is robust.

A more detailed plan would be most useful, not just to those voting but also to all those working on it.

For now it's a no from me but I'm absolutely behind you guys when the proposal is fleshed out.

I hate to say that doesn't make sense, but that makes no sense. In 3 or 4 (or 1) months, just vote it down.

Dash Fast Lane, sounds fantastic!!!! Does this mean people will be able to load dash at the gasoline station, with Dash they not only get a discount, but can use the Dash Fast Lane machine to buy whatever food/drink items they like - no cash register. The Dash Fast Lane is open 24/7 :)

I have another idea, lots of people use the Coinstar machines, they put a bucket load of pennies, nickels, dimes, etc in the machine and the machine spits out a coupon/store credit to buy items in the store. Maybe we could have a machine like that, but give them Dash.

How about: "Turn Your Change to Digital Cash"

coinstar_1.jpg

We are already on it. www.dashncash.com and a few others domains are ready when we start releasing product demos.

we'll Solarminer I guess you'll need to return after you wrote an essay with every detail you could include.

Might as well write a proposal for creating proposal standards too, since everyone seems to expect you to be the only one actually providing insight into the details of the project.

Maybe if you were a female, or a dev, you could get away with a 2 paragraph intro, but the standards for you are different! Try harder! Or go find a pretty girl to submit the proposal for you.....

right guys?

I hate to say that doesn't make sense, but that makes no sense. In 3 or 4 (or 1) months, just vote it down.

But wouldn't I have to keep voting it down every month until it expires?

More importantly, with a project like this, the further out you try to predict, the more unpredictable the circumstances. What kind of roadblocks or expenses are there going to be in, say, six months time?

A well thought out plan would show a breakdown with milestones. I'm more than happy to review things in 3 - 4 months time. I'm sure by then we would of had feedback and more discussions about this, and that would put us in a better place.

More importantly, with a project like this, the further out you try to predict, the more unpredictable the circumstances. What kind of roadblocks or expenses are there going to be in, say, six months time?

A well thought out plan would show a breakdown with milestones. I'm more than happy to review things in 3 - 4 months time. I'm sure by then we would of had feedback and more discussions about this, and that would put us in a better place.

Show me ONE proposal that did this so far?

If this proposal ever gets downvoted, it will die. Either another will take it's place or not.

Who here thinks that including this in the presentation was a good idea? Does it demonstrate the power of Instantx? Who here doesn't want to see widespread DASH adoption? This is your chance to make that happen. Why is this even being debated? This proposal is a no-brainer.

14xi048.png

Back