Bargain: Who wants 6500 dash?

Acedian

Mar 17, 2017
Dash Address
XeMABbcebB5yeZH2HxsV7yLNJA9hbzMgpz
Can't Dash be somehow improved in order to prevent such an exploit?

My first thought, just add this rule:
- Proposals have to be at least x (enter magic number here) days old in order to be included into next super-block

Would that work out or any negative side-effects?
There is, it is 3 days.
This is just a big troll thread, isn't it?

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
There is, it is 4 days.
It is not 4 days. It is 3 days.

So you have to post a decent-like proposal 3 days before. A well written and decent-look-like proposal is a prerequisite in order to confuse both the unsuspecting MNOs and the journalists (who may discover the scam, write articles in the press and cause Dash's price fall which is smth you do not want to happen). If you manage to cast the 400 votes package the last moment , then you will get the money.

You may also create multiple small-price decent-like scam proposals, in order to cause more confusion to the unsuspecting MNO (who are not members of the secret clan) and to the journalists. The important thing is not to give tο the rest masternodes the time to think, to understand whats really happening to the proposal, and to react by casting the negative votes.

Last edited:

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address

- Proposals have to be at least x (enter magic number here) days old in order to be included into next super-block

This is not the solution.
Whatever this x magic number may be, this means that for x days there is a vote war! And this is not something desirable, you should not expect for the masternodes to live in a sentry box for x days . The solution is reversible transactions as a result of a political decision (vote).

Last edited:

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014

there are
proposals have to be x days old to be considered
+ 10 % + of votes (i believe) have to be in to be considered also

TroyDASH

Jul 31, 2015
On a related note, perhaps one thing that could be mitigated. We saw recently in the DDOS attack that it's possible to intentionally knock some masternodes off the queue. Somebody could attempt to target only the masternodes that are voting a certain way on a proposal, in hopes of taking enough of them out just before the finalization procedure to influence the outcome. So what I would like to see is maybe a buffer period, where for example, a new masternode must wait 4 days before it can have its votes counted, and a masternode that has fallen off the queue does not lose its vote until 4 days after it was last active. although I figure such an implementation might be difficult to integrate with existing system...

Reactions: GrandMasterDash

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
On a related note, perhaps one thing that could be mitigated. We saw recently in the DDOS attack that it's possible to intentionally knock some masternodes off the queue. Somebody could attempt to target only the masternodes that are voting a certain way on a proposal, in hopes of taking enough of them out just before the finalization procedure to influence the outcome..
This is also possible to happen. 500000 $ are a lot of money and gives a lot of incentives for some MNO's to DDOS some other MNO's. I think it's very tiring every last three days of the month everybody to be stand-by waiting for DDOS attacks or any other cheat that may occur.

A decentralized solution for this problem is to implement reversible budget transactions upon community vote. No permanet finilization will occur. The dash may go to the payement address after the budget finilization, but if the community decides-votes otherwise within a reasonable time period (six months?), the dash will be burned.

Last edited:

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
just a reminder: https://www.dashninja.pl/governance.html

Global Statistics
There are 40 valid budgets proposal of which 26 are funded (total funded payment: 3,221.85 DASH).
Next super-block will be 648024 on 5/4/2017, 4:39:18 π.μ. (1 week 11 hours 2 minutes) and will provide 6,651.85 DASH for budgets.
3,430 DASH = 297,106 USD unallocated in next super-block.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
just a reminder:

http://dashvotetracker.com

The total number of Masternodes is 4423.
The current USD value of Dash is $75.31.
Next budget payments will occur in 14 days.
Voting deadline will occur in 12 days.
Total Current Allocated Budget: 494.00 DASH ($37,203.14).
Total Available Budget: 6,651.85 DASH ($500,950.81).
(2017-05-05 09:36:46, block 664640)

12 days left, and only 494 DASH allocated. The stupids and the spies have almost destroyed the dash governance system.

Last edited:

Biltong

Mar 22, 2017
Dash Address
XmPNBEQyaVNyFudWL3hhhcWfkdYK6T9nCF
...This is just a big troll thread, isn't it?
A Troll aims to boost his own ego; abuse others; disrupt people from benefitting the community by long winded nonsense arguments.

Arguing with a troll feeds his ego; wastes your and the communities time by creating empty threads.

How to recognize a troll? (for noobs) Click on his picture/messages – random sample of messages.

If 9 out of 10 are negative/disruptive/nonsense/abusive – he is a Troll.

What to do? If you don't have much time: Click ‘Ignore’ on his profile or If you want to defend the community: Click the troll meme for each and every post he makes. After a certain number of ‘troll’ memes his message is made invisible. As not seen above :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: lynx

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
A Troll aims to boost his own ego; abuse others; disrupt people from benefitting the community by long winded nonsense arguments.

Arguing with a troll feeds his ego; wastes your and the communities time by creating empty threads.

How to recognize a troll? (for noobs) Click on his picture/messages – random sample of messages.

If 9 out of 10 are negative/disruptive/nonsense/abusive – he is a Troll.

What to do? If you don't have much time: Click ‘Ignore’ on his profile or If you want to defend the community: Click the troll meme for each and every post he makes. After a certain number of ‘troll’ memes his message is made invisible. As not seen above :rolleyes:
How to expose the spies's structured methodology, when they massively troll rate a person who is against their goals.

Implement (or ask the forum owners to implement) this
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/ratings-demo-received.12739/

Use statistics in order to protect the free speech and in order to expose the spies who are voting (masively and organized) against persons, or even worst against ideas.

In my case, for example, there is always one/two persons who constantly (and masively) troll rate me. They suddently and unexpectedly disappear, and then another one or two appear and do the same job (and I could easily prove this if the rating statistics were publicaly available, but they arent and I let you guess the reason...). I think those one/two persons are the same spies, the same individuals, who change forum nicknames.

The same spies tremble with fear the proof of individuality because it will reveal their structured methodology.

Last edited:

jimbursch

Mar 5, 2017
@demo is not a troll. He/she? is... eccentric... an acquired taste. Kind
of like moonshine, or an ancient Russian cognac.

lynx

Dec 11, 2015
In my case, for example, there is always one/two persons who constantly (and masively) troll rate me. They suddently and unexpectedly disappear
Don't you mean, they get tired and start ignoring you?

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
Don't you mean, they get tired and start ignoring you?
This can also be proved by the statistics.

If the persons who troll rated me after stopping it they keep sending comments, they keep participate in the community, then those are considered as tired and they ignore me. But if they suddently disappear or if they never talked or participated but their only job and participation was just for rating me (which I claim are the frequent cases) then this means that they are spies who are using their structured methodology.

I could easily prove all this if the rating statistics were publicaly available, but they arent and I let you guess the reason...

Last edited:

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
If the annual returns of 350 masternodes are around $800,000 at current prices then the monthly returns are $66000. The monhtly prize of this attack is $143000 which is more than double. And after all, the most important question is this: Who will be aware of it? How many dash have been lost in lamassu project? Did the price of dash fall because of the 12 month lamassu malfunction and the final lost of 7500 dash from the budget? If not, and if nobody really cared about the lamassu 12 month malfunction, then why the price of dash will fall for just one month malfunction?
Whatever the fall of the dash price will be , it will not fall to zero after this attack for sure. Especially if this attack is kept secret from the media,. This last minute proposal could also be written in a believable way, it could contain a lot of technical jargon or refer to a fake wanna be festival or to some lawyers fake consultancy fees, so that even in case the media arrive, they will find a decent-resembling proposal.
Remember this?
Just count how many of the current governance proposals are actually classified into this do-nothing-and-get-the-money type proposals.
Just count them.
I think more and more people are taking advantage of the spirit of this thread.

Last edited: