• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Attention Dash Masternode Owners: Please register with the Deterministic Masternode List now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masternodes are a herd. A smart herd, but a herd nonetheless. DCG has got to lead the herd, not be led by them.

Also, it should be remembered that we are currently in 15th place on coinmarketcap.com. If we were in the top five, I would be a bit more relaxed about decisions potentially affecting the progress of the project.

Last edited:
March 6th 19:00 UTC

4636 active masternodes
March 5th 19:00 registered: 2541
March 6th 19:00 registered: 2745

24h Registered: 4.40%

Masternodes: 4656
Deterministic: 2775 (59.60%)
24h progress: +94 (2.02%)
S15: if 24h progress < 0.63%
Last registration: 6 min ago
Updated: 06:48:02 UTC

It's going to be close! If registrations stop now we'll be under 60% but still have time to sink below the 0.63% limit, though such a sudden stop is less likely.
Looks like we will inch over 60% and raise the threshold to 1.25%. Will the registration rate drop that low? Not impossible with a bit of luck. I wouldn't be surprised though if we see a slight spike the last 24h which will put us well above 1.25%. Let's see!

So we currently have two ways to get to activation of spork 15 :

* Total registration 55% & Registration in the last 24 hours 0,63% (we already have almost 60% Total registration but Registration in the last 24 hours needs to drop to 0,63%)
* Total registration 60% & Registration in the last 24 hours 1,25% (means we need a little more total registration as we are currently below 60% and we need Registration in the last 24 hours to drop to 1,25%)

Since activation of Spork 15 will most likely depend on the Registration in the last 24 hours, i'm wondering where you guys fetch that specific information from ?
So far i can gather its UTC time based and can be pulled either from a bot or calculated manually ?

Edit : i got the information through Telegram (https://t.me/dash_chat), pretty cool bot. The bot is pinned on top as Dash Bot, you can send the bot a message asking for an update by typing "/mnupd@DashNationBot".
This can be done privately (just between you and bot) or publicly. When using Telegram make sure to enable 2FA security.

HqPwWmK.jpg

Last edited:
From page 1, post 1 :

sGxv5ud.jpg

Condition for Spork 15 activation in play currently :

Total registration 60%
Registration in the last 24 hours 1.25%

Current Upgrade Status

M6i121f.jpg

Which means if 24h progress drops just a little bit more (from 1.83% to 1.25%), we have met the conditions for spork 15 activation.

Update : looks like 24H progress % has increased considerably today, which means we should start looking at the other conditions with higher percentages which are mentioned in the percentage table.

6GxYeVI.jpg

I reckon we have at least still 7 hours to go and if part of 8th of march is used to continue monitoring the situation, then we will have some additional time too.
The 24H progress % seems to form the key at this point to activating spork 15 .. or not.

Last edited:
From page 1, post 1 :

sGxv5ud.jpg

Condition for Spork 15 activation in play currently :

Total registration 60%
Registration in the last 24 hours 1.25%

Current Upgrade Status

M6i121f.jpg

Which means if 24h progress drops just a little bit more (from 1.83% to 1.25%), we have met the conditions for spork 15 activation.

Update : looks like 24H progress % has increased considerably today, which means we should start looking at the other conditions with higher percentages which are mentioned in the percentage table.

6GxYeVI.jpg

I reckon we have at least still 7 hours to go and if part of 8th of march is used to continue monitoring the situation, then we will have some additional time too.
The 24H progress % seems to form the key at this point to activating spork 15 .. or not.
Nah, the progress % is over 4% so we need 80% registration, which is very unlikely. Looks like we need to wait another month. Oh well!

MN 2991/4689 = 63,78%
24h 251/4689 = 5,35%

GAME OVER = not tomorrow

In my opinion 2/3 is enough even when you change a constitution. ;)

I have seen a few update delays over the years with Dash, but this in my opinion would be the hardest delay to sell and also the hardest delay to defend.
A manual spork activation (basicly nothing more then a switch of a button) possibly getting delayed because of too much updating on the last day, while at the same time
having already a majority (63+ %) updated.

Sure i could live with having to wait another month (and pray that the 24H registration condition does not form a factor again), but at the same time it would undermine
my confidence in future Dash update cycles as it will introduce an element of uncertainty with future spork activations.

At this point i just pray for a miracle and hope this spork gets activated tomorrow somehow.

Last edited:
I would say that if DCG delays the spork activation, it's because v0.14 testing will take a whole month at least and it really won't affect the overall schedule. Or maybe it's because it's not fair to the hardware wallet people who are struggling to update. (One reason I hate hardware wallets BTW is for the very reason that they have the potential to cause deployment delays). Also I wonder if the Trust Protector voting deadline affects any of this.

I have seen a few update delays over the years with Dash, but this in my opinion would be the hardest delay to sell and also the hardest delay to defend.
A manual spork activation (basicly nothing more then a switch of a button) possibly getting delayed because of too much updating on the last day, while at the same time
having already a majority (63+ %) updated.

Sure i could live with having to wait another month (and pray that the 24H registration condition does not form a factor again), but at the same time it would undermine
my confidence in future Dash update cycles as it will introduce an element of uncertainty with future spork activations.

At this point i just pray for a miracle and hope this spork gets activated tomorrow somehow.

Yeah I think we should learn from this. In hindsight I think it's clear that the last-24h-limit was a bad idea in this case. The intention is good, but should not be combined with a fixed time limit (March 8th in this case) as we are bound to see anomalies in the registrations in the last hours. Maybe it would have been better to relax the condition to allow the 24h period to have been at any earlier point and not necessarily the last 24 hours? Not sure it would make a whole lot of more sense though.

A simple fixed percentage is probably the best anyway. Maybe 80% is a bit much? Or maybe not. Maybe I just need to be a bit more patient :D

Anyway. Let's hope we get 80% before the next cycle to rule out any potential last minute spikes ruin another month for us! We should be safe

Anyway. Let's hope we get 80% before the next cycle to rule out any potential last minute spikes ruin another month for us! We should be safe
Well unless our first attempt to go to Determistic masternodes doesn't fail, if it does it will take at least 2 more months for this point on.

Well unless our first attempt to go to Determistic masternodes doesn't fail, if it does it will take at least 2 more months for this point on.

From page 1 post 1 : "If the network does not meet the below activation criteria by March 8, the team will hold off activating it until the next voting cycle begins in early April."

Only question with activating early April is if the two conditions for activation of spork 15 have been met then (in early April). If the answer is no, we risk another delay.

Worst case scenario for early April : we stall at or below 79.9% and the 24H progress gets once again too high due to masternodes updating on the last day --> Delay.
Best case scenario for early April : we reach 80% at which the 24H progress is no longer a factor (eventhough the percentage table seems to say otherwise) --> Activation.
Once we reach 80%, we will automatically activate without regard to the percentage registered within the last 24 hours.

Last edited:
The concern here about Sporking at a later date in the cycle is not for the missed payments resulting from removing 20+% of masternodes from the network, but for the proposal owners, particularly multi-month proposal owners, who need to recoup their previous vote count in time for the voting cutoff. Enabling Spork 15 resets all proposal votes and must be done early in the cycle to remain fair to all network participants.

My concern with the spork activation mechanisme has to do with the conditions for activation. Having two conflicting conditions (where one condition can overrule the other) just
introduce uncertainty and confusion into the whole activation process.

I hope these conditions at some point get simplified or brought back to just one condition for future spork activations.
For clarity : i'm talking about the total registrations percentage versus the registrations in the last 24 hours percentage.
The registrations in the 24 hours percentage can (and currently actually do) overrule the total registrations percentage between 50% and 80%.

Last edited:
I had a question regarding the Payout address I registered for the Deterministic Masternode List. I needed to leave a small amount of Dash on that address in order to complete the registration process, for fees.

Now that my masternodes are registered, do I still need to keep some Dash parked at that address to pay for future fees, or can I let it go to 0 at this point?

Thanks!

Hi there! It’s great site. so many topics and opinions. I used to read, basically washingtonpost, but now your site one of my favorites. Thank you!

@drakee you can empty the payment address if the masternode is already registered. But you will need to put balance back there if you want to make any transactions in the future to change the masternode configuration, or specify an alternative feeSourceAddress at that point in time.

@drakee you can empty the payment address if the masternode is already registered. But you will need to put balance back there if you want to make any transactions in the future to change the masternode configuration, or specify an alternative feeSourceAddress at that point in time.

This answers my question perfectly, thanks!

Quick question about spork 16 (InstantSend Autolocks) and the Dash Core windows v0.13.2 wallet :

When spork 16 activates and enables Automatic InstantSend on Simple Transactions (somewhere after spork 15 activation), will the Dash Core windows wallet require a full sync (blockchain sync + additional data sync) before it locks the input amounts on simple transactions automatically?
Or can it lock input amounts of simple transactions automatically, when its just synced to the blockchain and is still busy syncing additional data ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back