• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Attention Dash Masternode Owners: Please register with the Deterministic Masternode List now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder to all
if you only register your Masternode NO start is needed !!!

@Figlmüller this is mentioned multiple times in the docs:

https://docs.dash.org/DIP3-masternode-changes
9I85EZf.png

https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/masternodes/dip3-upgrade.html#prepare-a-proregtx-transaction
Y5KpLeK.png

@masternube I hear you. So sorry for the confusion. We do want folks to register and get their spot on the deterministic masternode list sooner rather than later to ensure readiness for the spork 15 activation, but I realize the messaging wasn't clear around this. We will try to do better.

Liz, will Spork 15 be activated exactly at the superblock? Or some time that day? Or some time in the following days?
Is the activation automatic based on set conditions or is human action and judgement involved?

eL9QLGu.jpg

Data :

549 DIP3 masternodes
4459 masternodes on latest protocol - 549 DIP3 masternodes = 3910 masternodes

Note : i could not get the list of IPs registered code from flare to work, so i took data from Dashninja.pl
(the code for number of registered nodes / DIP3 masternodes works fine)

Is there a live version of the DIP3 data available somewhere? Also, though unrelated, how do I reverify the MNO banner for my member name?

Is there a live version of the DIP3 data available somewhere? Also, though unrelated, how do I reverify the MNO banner for my member name?

You can fetch DIP3 data a few ways :

Through your linux server : ./dash-cli protx list|head -n -1|tail -n +2|wc -l (credits flare)
Through your windows wallet after full sync (Masternodes tab --> DIP3 tab --> there is a total number displayed there.

Then you have to calculate the percentage of DIP3 masternodes against the number of masternodes on latest protocol (which can be found on dashninja.pl and is currently 88% / 4472)
If you want this data displayed on a chart you can check this site : https://www.meta-chart.com/pie
In Data you set number of slices to 2 (slice 1 value = number of DIP3 masternodes that you fetched through dash-cli or through your wallet, slice 2 value = number of masternodes from dashninja - number of DIP3 masternodes)

If you are just interested in the percentage you can also check https://percentagecalculator.net/

1Obn4et.jpg

From post 1 :
The total percentage of masternodes registered must be greater than 50% for us to consider activating. Once we reach 80%, we will automatically activate without regard to the percentage registered within the last 24 hours.

Which means we are almost halfway to activating Spork 15.
If we can reach 50% before 8 of march, the Dash dev team can active Spork 15.
If its below 50% or if the 24 hour % are not met, then activation of Spork 15 will have to be postponed to next voting cycle early april..

* the team plans to activate spork 15 based on a formula that takes into account both the total percentage of masternodes already registered, as well as the pace at which masternodes are registering (specifically, the percentage who have registered in the last 24 hours).

2aHyFyR.jpg

how do I reverify the MNO banner for my member name?
i dont have an answer for you on that one..

Last edited:
You can fetch DIP3 data a few ways :

Through your linux server : ./dash-cli protx list|head -n -1|tail -n +2|wc -l (credits flare)
Through your windows wallet after full sync (Masternodes tab --> DIP3 tab --> there is a total number displayed there.

Then you have to calculate the percentage of DIP3 masternodes against the number of masternodes on latest protocol (which can be found on dashninja.pl and is currently 88% / 4472)
If you want this data displayed on a chart you can check this site : https://www.meta-chart.com/pie
In Data you set number of slices to 2 (slice 1 value = number of DIP3 masternodes that you fetched through dash-cli or through your wallet, slice 2 value = number of masternodes from dashninja - number of DIP3 masternodes)

If you are just interested in the percentage you can also check https://percentagecalculator.net/

1Obn4et.jpg

From post 1 :

Which means we are almost halfway to activating Spork 15.
If we can reach 50% before 8 of march, the Dash dev team can active Spork 15.
If its below 50% or if the 24 hour % are not met, then activation of Spork 15 will have to be postponed to next voting cycle early april..

* the team plans to activate spork 15 based on a formula that takes into account both the total percentage of masternodes already registered, as well as the pace at which masternodes are registering (specifically, the percentage who have registered in the last 24 hours).

2aHyFyR.jpg

i dont have an answer for you on that one..

Liz, will Spork 15 be activated exactly at the superblock? Or some time that day? Or some time in the following days?
Is the activation automatic based on set conditions or is human action and judgement involved?

Hey @masternube - it will be activated in the days following the superblock, so long as the criteria outlined above re: % total MNs registered and % registered in the last 24h. However if the criteria isn't met by March 8 (~25% of the way into the voting period), we will wait until the next voting period and try again in April, to minimize disruption to the proposal system since spork 15 will reset votes. The criteria is not actually coded in, however - the spork 15 activation is manual.

The criteria is not actually coded in, however - the spork 15 activation is manual.

Given that the timing of the Spork 15 activation affects who gets paid when, I find it a bit concerning that this is manual and it could even result in a conflict of interest.
A few lucky people will get rewarded twice on the same day while others may have to wait 2 weeks between payments.
I hope this will be considered with future migrations to minimize potentially unfair impact on payouts.

Last edited:
Hello to the community :)
I have a Dash Masternode on GinPlatform, do i need to do anything for the registration ?

Hello to the community :)
I have a Dash Masternode on GinPlatform, do i need to do anything for the registration ?

If you hold your own coins, then I assume you had to sign the Start masternode message at the beginning? Maybe you used the Dash Masternode Tool?
Then you also need to register your node for the deterministic masternode list (DIP3) before Sport 15 activates.
You also have to share a BLS key pair with the operator, so either they have to give you the public key, or you have to give them the private key.

If you hold your own coins, then I assume you had to sign the Start masternode message at the beginning? Maybe you used the Dash Masternode Tool?
Then you also need to register your node for the deterministic masternode list (DIP3) before Sport 15 activates.
You also have to share a BLS key pair with the operator, so either they have to give you the public key, or you have to give them the private key.
Thanks for your reply :)
I have a Dash Wallet Core installed on my Mac and i have my coins. With GinPlatform, you hold your coins, you show them the transaction ID that shown that you own your 1000 DASH in one address of your core dash wallet, and then they give you a command that you add in masternode.conf and then they send you a command line to start the masternode from your Dash Core debug console. This is all i know unfortunately and i dont know if i need to do anything else now to register asap my Masternode :(

Hey everybody! I am trying to follow the guide to register with the Deterministic Masternode List, but I would like some clarification: https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/masternodes/dip3-upgrade.html#dashcore-dip3-upgrade

I was hoping that someone could clarify the command in the first step:

dash-cli bls generate

If I am running a local wallet with multiple masternode addresses, should I run "bls generate" for each address, or just once for the whole wallet? The guide seems to apply to the scenario where we have one masternode address locally and one masternode remotely, but I am not sure how I might apply it to my situation.

Also, I wish the guide would be more explicit about specifying when to do something on the local masternode wallet (with the balance) vs. the remote masternode (without a balance). It seems to use the term "masternode" ambiguously for both types (although once it does mention using ssh for presumably the remote masternode; I wish it would do this more consistently).

Thank you!

Hey everybody! I am trying to follow the guide to register with the Deterministic Masternode List, but I would like some clarification: https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/masternodes/dip3-upgrade.html#dashcore-dip3-upgrade

I was hoping that someone could clarify the command in the first step:

dash-cli bls generate

If I am running a local wallet with multiple masternode addresses, should I run "bls generate" for each address, or just once for the whole wallet? The guide seems to apply to the scenario where we have one masternode address locally and one masternode remotely, but I am not sure how I might apply it to my situation.

Also, I wish the guide would be more explicit about specifying when to do something on the local masternode wallet (with the balance) vs. the remote masternode (without a balance). It seems to use the term "masternode" ambiguously for both types (although once it does mention using ssh for presumably the remote masternode; I wish it would do this more consistently).

Thank you!

In general the term “masternode” refers to the remote server and “collateral” or “collateral address” refers to the local wallet with 1000 Dash and the corresponding keys.

I assume you have a core wallet with several 1000 addresses and the same number remote servers (or masternodes). I also assume you are not using a hardware wallet.

Given all that, you are following the correct part of the guide. As for the bls keys, you need a set of bls keys, comprised of a owner/voter AND operator key, for EACH collateral address with 1000 dash. The owner and voter key are set separately but MUST be the same before spork 15. The voter bls key can be set to something different post spork 15.

Thank you @JGCMiner for your helpful response! Now I know that I need to run "bls generate" (presumably from the remote masternode) for each 1000 Dash collateral address.

I followed the guide for my first masternode, and got as far as running the "dash-cli protx register_prepare ..." command (from my local collateral wallet).

Unfortunately at this point, I got:
error code: -32603
error message:
No funds at specified address​

I followed the instructions as carefully as I could, and I don't think I am supposed to specify my collateral address in that command, but rather the txid and output index of that collateral (which I did).

Any address I used as a parameter to the "protx" command was a new address, with 0 balance, which is what I interpret I was supposed to do.

Do you have any ideas how I can avoid this error?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back