• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Announcing DASH.ORG!

TL;DR

but - what is DASH.ORG gonna be used for?

I was hoping it would be a one stop site for DASH - but
Darkcoin Foundation??

before I pour 2 pages of my life away - please feel free to assist - and I'll review the last few pages.....

thx

TL;DR

but - what is DASH.ORG gonna be used for?

I was hoping it would be a one stop site for DASH - but
Darkcoin Foundation??

before I pour 2 pages of my life away - please feel free to assist - and I'll review the last few pages.....

thx

it will be be a one stop site for DASH
:wink:

kewl

but - is the lawyer gonna change our name on the foundation? or will we be known as Darkcion [doing business as] DASH??

the lawyers are working on changing Darkcoin Foundation (bye bye) to Dash Foundation (hello) !
this seems to be a terrible complicated adventure as of all the legal whatnot, but they are on it
+ we need that (in my opinion) to reapply at the iTunes store (iPhone Wallet)
that might take some time, but they are on it

Just noticed this ;)

vlkuhokk.png

Edit: I'm sure redirect will follow, when you only type in 'dash.org' e.g. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are still some locations that need to be updated:

explorer.dashpay.io -> explorer.dash.org
paper.dashpay.io -> paper.dash.org (needs logo update as well)

footer of this forum dashtalk.org, important links is still Dashpay.io

Also it seems we are dissapeared from google for the keyword "dash" completely (dashpay.io and dash.org).

Well, this is actually a good question. Who owns dash.org? Dash is a Virtual Corporation, can it own a domain? Does Evan own it? Or is it going to be given to the foundation to manage? I mean, we trust our group now, but at some point we have to make this a machine that can't be stolen, no? Maybe this is already set, and the details weren't considered interesting enough to post? But it would probably be a good idea, even if it's a pain in the butt, to settle all this formally :grin:

Anyway, I should say who *will* own Dash.org, because until *we* pay for it, it doesn't belong to Dash. Dash has issues showing up in google, or any search engine. If these experts say this will help, I believe it will help.

I've looked all over and have not found an answer.

Who currently owns the dash.org domain? And, when reimbursement for domain happens who will have control of the domain?

I would assume the foundation - but - that is an assumption..... of course

I would assume the foundation - but - that is an assumption..... of course

Yeah that was also my assumption but a definitive answer would be much better for sake of transparency. There's nothing to hide and it's a simple question.

I've looked all over and have not found an answer.

Who currently owns the dash.org domain? And, when reimbursement for domain happens who will have control of the domain?

Hello,

I know people are busy preparing for Miami but I think it's important to address these questions. Maybe since the developers are busy one of the other team members who frequents these forums could get an answer? I see no reason for this information to be hidden, if someone does please explain.

Reactions: AjM
Hello,

I know people are busy preparing for Miami but I think it's important to address these questions. Maybe since the developers are busy one of the other team members who frequents these forums could get an answer? I see no reason for this information to be hidden, if someone does please explain.

Hi buster, this has simply not being decided yet. In the short term, Evan has control of the domain. We feel comfortable with this for the next few months while we define a model for the long term. The foundation role going forward after the network released the Governance and Funding system is not yet very clear.

For example, everyone that participates in the network contributes to the governance system and foundations are traditionally a member based entity where not everyone from the Dash network participates. Another thing, is some foundation members have not necessarily remained active from when it was originally created, many things have changed. There will soon be a foundation meeting at the end of the month to try and look in a more general sense what the foundation role going forward will be, there are many ideas and options, is a nice opportunity to redefine things going forward, but this needs to be defined first before we can really define who would hold the domain in the long term.

Hi buster, this has simply not being decided yet. In the short term, Evan has control of the domain. We feel comfortable with this for the next few months while we define a model for the long term. The foundation role going forward after the network released the Governance and Funding system is not yet very clear.

For example, everyone that participates in the network contributes to the governance system and foundations are traditionally a member based entity where not everyone from the Dash network participates. Another thing, is some foundation members have not necessarily remained active from when it was originally created, many things have changed. There will soon be a foundation meeting at the end of the month to try and look in a more general sense what the foundation role going forward will be, there are many ideas and options, is a nice opportunity to redefine things going forward, but this needs to be defined first before we can really define who would hold the domain in the long term.

Hey Minotaur - thank you again for answering another question of mine. I know I can sound naggy and quite possibly might be a pain in the ass but it's only in the best interest of this project. There are people out there other than I who are curious and it sucks when I have no answers to provide, hence the reason I seek out answers to questions that otherwise might seem meaningless. Thank you again for taking the time to respond and I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

2zl1seV.png

Back