• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[ANN] Darkcoin | Darkcoin.io | Creators of x-11, Darksend, DGW, and InstantX

yer, doesn't strike me as someone who messes about selling to himself, this is someone going over his head, perhaps to show him who has the real whale power. The obvious thing for the buy and sells would be to hide any tells such as a red dump bar, I suspect its more subtle, what about testing the reaction time of the trading price algorithms used by cryptsy etc, I remember Big Vern saying that how they calculate the ticker price is a closely guarded secret. Have seen something similar when following the comex prices, and thats HFT programs 'testing the water' with exploratory orders.

From what I know of otoh this other whale is in for a battle.

From what I know of otoh this other whale is in for a battle.
You're assuming this 'other whale' is a singular person, with BCT down and the periodic high volume, its more likely a group or organization, can remember this happening 2 or 3 months ago for about a day, but it didn't move the price that time, if its a trader, Wall Street is the most likely 'new kid on the block', they have been manipulating almost every price on the planet for decades and are probably testing out their next generation of FPGA, the important question must be, can the prices of the cryptocurrencies be manipulated like the stock market and the comex or not because of the bounded restrictions placed on trading by the blockchains, they have had it easy for a long time, a different approach will now be necessary in order to gain control over the virtual currencies.

You're assuming this 'other whale' is a singular person, with BCT down and the periodic high volume, its more likely a group or organization, can remember this happening 2 or 3 months ago for about a day, but it didn't move the price that time, if its a trader, Wall Street is the most likely 'new kid on the block', they have been manipulating almost every price on the planet for decades and are probably testing out their next generation of FPGA, the important question must be, can the prices of the cryptocurrencies be manipulated like the stock market and the comex or not because of the bounded restrictions placed on trading by the blockchains, they have had it easy for a long time, a different approach will now be necessary in order to gain control over the virtual currencies.

Crazy how easy it would be for them to do. Those 15k on finex's asks and 11k on stamps, do they exist?

Interesting post but I'm not sure what you mean by this bit:
can the prices of the cryptocurrencies be manipulated like the stock market and the comex or not because of the bounded restrictions placed on trading by the blockchains,

What restrictions do blockchains create in terms of trading and price pumping? We've seen how easily the crypto market can be moved by relatively small sums of money being thrown at a coin. It appears like crypto is (currently) way more susceptible to market manipulation than stocks or commodities.

I was those Paycoin Niagra Falls pictures. Crashed the server again.
There will be bounty for you two and they will send the real renegade to get you
2DPTgi0.jpg

:grin:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

neah now they change all their routers ;) once their HDD/SDD are OK they change all hardware :wink:

stonehedge yep he meant that, good it`s ok to not rush but to have BIG "absorber" :smile:

Not quite. Otoh said that he isn't selling into his own walls and isn't planning on walking his walls up in a rush. I guess that is the same thing that you said but with an emphasis on pace of change...
i guess i read it as the cup is half empty and you read it as the cup is half full :wink:
i hope he eventually moves the walls up but he seems happy getting dark from his masternode payments for now.

on another note, my masternodes got paid two days in a row? flare runs them and they are on 11.0.13., bug?

Back