• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[ANN] Darkcoin | Darkcoin.io | Creators of x-11, Darksend, DGW, and InstantX

OK folks, I am extremely curious at this point. Can anyone explain why at about the same time that BCT goes down the network traffic in my client's debug window got cut off??? :confused::what:
View attachment 825

I have been continuing to think about this and will post more later when I have time. But I just saw this on BCT:

Quote from: https://www.darkcoin.io/news/development-update-october-1-2014/
There are a few things that are missing in Darkcoin to properly implement InstantX). One of the greatest objections to InstantX from the Bitcoin community was the possibility to DOS the selected masternodes that are responsible for consensus voting.

This would stop the consensus voting forcing the network to evaluate transactions using the mining network, bring the first confirmation from 10-20 seconds back to 2.5 minutes. While not a terrible issue, it’s something we can deal with by hiding the masternode identities and using a token based routing system to pass messages back and forth. This will be discussed in great detail in the v2 of the Darkcoin whitepaper.

To build a network that can withstand attacks, the masternodes must not publish their IPs. To do this we’re going to utilize a new multipath communication technology. This will add another layer of privacy to the system as it will allow users to communicate with the network securely without exposing their IPs and will also hide the identity of the Darksend mixing nodes making it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for third parties to spy on users information.

It uses multi-path routing so users can send more than one encrypted message using different routes on the mesh network for redundancy. This will allow us quick communication, robustness and anonymous two way communication.
Was just reminded of the DDOS issue we might have in the future if Darkcoin becomes big enough, and was thinking maybe the quote above is something Patrick McHardy (of Netfilter fame) joined the dev team for?

One of the more positive hypothesis that I can come up with is that I just happened to witness some rather sophisticated testing of attack vectors in preparation of testing and deployment of new defensive code??? Whatever it was that I saw, it was short-lived, powerful, and occurred at a time which made observation unlikely.

I suspect this bodes something very good, or very bad, in the future. I am hoping for the former.:eek:

Further thinking about this by the light of day, makes me think that yet once again I might be being influenced by my paranoid tendency to find patterns in the most obscure places. At some point reason must trump emotion, and as I consider the options I think this must be one of those times. While I might like to think that our Dev. team has the wherewithal to muster such an event, it would most certainly be overkill, and the risk of observation would certainly discredit the team with little to be gained over smaller, more localized tests.

The alternative hypothesis; that some NSA type group was mucking about, implies we are more of a threat at this point than our current size and level of development would seem to warrant at this stage of the game. As much as I would like to think that we will someday draw their attention, it seems unreasonable to think that we are there yet given our total market cap.

As a result, it seems that unless I am willing to resort to little green men, I must move in the direction indicated in this quote: "Of late, though, the phenomenon of coincidence has begun to yield new scientific insights. It turns out that we may actually be hardwired to connect anomalies in a meaningful way. Many of the remarkable feats our brains regularly perform—including our ability to learn the meaning of words or decode the unspoken laws of social decorum depend on our penchant for noticing coincidences." https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200407/the-power-coincidence.

Sigh... I really do like the image of Evan and the team taking out BCT and the entire masternode network in the course of improving our security, but I suspect they have more mundane work on their hands at the moment... like perfecting IX.:cool:

On the other hand, as my father used to say, "The fact that you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!":what: So Evan, if your reading this, anything you can do to speed up IP obfuscation and 2FA will be greatly appreciated.:grin:

Further thinking about this by the light of day, makes me think that yet once again I might be being influenced by my paranoid tendency to find patterns in the most obscure places. At some point reason must trump emotion, and as I consider the options I think this must be one of those times. While I might like to think that our Dev. team has the wherewithal to muster such an event, it would most certainly be overkill, and the risk of observation would certainly discredit the team with little to be gained over smaller, more localized tests.

The alternative hypothesis; that some NSA type group was mucking about, implies we are more of a threat at this point than our current size and level of development would seem to warrant at this stage of the game. As much as I would like to think that we will someday draw their attention, it seems unreasonable to think that we are there yet given our total market cap.

As a result, it seems that unless I am willing to resort to little green men, I must move in the direction indicated in this quote: "Of late, though, the phenomenon of coincidence has begun to yield new scientific insights. It turns out that we may actually be hardwired to connect anomalies in a meaningful way. Many of the remarkable feats our brains regularly perform—including our ability to learn the meaning of words or decode the unspoken laws of social decorum depend on our penchant for noticing coincidences." https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200407/the-power-coincidence.

Sigh... I really do like the image of Evan and the team taking out BCT and the entire masternode network in the course of improving our security, but I suspect they have more mundane work on their hands at the moment... like perfecting IX.:cool:

On the other hand, as my father used to say, "The fact that you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!":what: So Evan, if your reading this, anything you can do to speed up IP obfuscation and 2FA will be greatly appreciated.:grin:
Strix, those who wield the real power on this 3rd rock do not relinquish it easily, they crave not only money for they have that already, but rather control and power. And that appetite can and will never be satiated ..

502 Bad Gateway
:grin::grin::grin:
Functioning again (if you can call it that). Had a little glitch earlier and thought it was gone for the day with that one. Thought I wasn't going to get my daily dose of troll, could've tried the Bitcoin Foundation forum but trolls in suits just aren't the same.

Hello fellow liberty enthusiasts!

I am the creator of a competing altcoin and looked in the dictionary for possible coin titles concering anonymity, because "Dark" was already taken! So I named mine IntransparentCoin. Anyway, I came here to warn you of the inherently flawed Masternode network. It's a centralized point of failure! Yes,the entire network is a single point of failure! Sure, there are thousands of independent nodes all over the world but here exactly lies the problem: They are only on ONE planet! Can you believe how ridiculous that is? IntransparentCoin teamed up with Elon Musk to deploy nodes all over the solar system for a TRULY decentralized currency! Future plans involve spreading across the milky way and eventually observable space! Join the future of Crypto today!

PS:
Please don't mind the 4.3 year delay when using StellarInstant to send coins to Proxima Centauri. It's as instant as it gets!

I am the creator of a competing altcoin and looked in the dictionary for possible coin titles concering anonymity, because "Dark" was already taken! So I named mine IntransparentCoin. Anyway, I came here to warn you of the inherently flawed Masternode network. It's a centralized point of failure! Yes,the entire network is a single point of failure! Sure, there are thousands of independent nodes all over the world but here exactly lies the problem: They are only on ONE planet! Can you believe how ridiculous that is? IntransparentCoin teamed up with Elon Musk to deploy nodes all over the solar system for a TRULY decentralized currency! Future plans involve spreading across the milky way and eventually observable space! Join the future of Crypto today!

PS:
Please don't mind the 4.3 year delay when using StellarInstant to send coins to Proxima Centauri. It's as instant as it gets!

lol

please, real decentralization takes place cross dimensionally as well.

:D

PS:
That's it! Selling my coins and moving to Utah.

ohhhhhhhh .... lol ... bang ... Utah here we come
:wink:

So Tok don't have account here? Never post here? And BCT is down many times theese days...
We need him as we have a nice steady grow in DRK. We need his Ambert Alerts...

I think Tok was banned from here a while back? Maybe i'm wrong but sure would love to see him here.

Back