Android Wallet v4

fernando

Powered by Dash
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
May 9, 2014
A few days ago I used the wallet a lot at a meetup to donate to people interested in Dash. They downloaded it and I sent them some coin. Everything went fine, but I had an issue that is not really caused by the wallet but would be nice to have a workaround:

I had sent all the funds to my mobile wallet in one transaction, so I had only one input. When I did the first payment all the input was locked until I got the change when the transaction was mined into a block. This is completely understandable, but I wonder if there could be a workaround... maybe several payees in the same tx? or the wallet letting create a second transaction (now it says that you don't have funds because the full input is locked), even if it is not broadcasted until the change is received? It is not something super important, but in setups like a meetup, sometimes you want to make several payments very close in time and now it is not that easy. In the meantime, next time I will probably send several smaller transactions to fill the wallet with more than one input.

Anyway, thanks for your work, everyone was quite impressed with how well the wallet worked.

HashEngineering

May 3, 2014
hashengineeringsolutions.com
Fernando, you have asked a great question (which shows much understanding of how the app works and how DASH works).

Implementing multiple payouts is not easy. What I will do is ask Andreas Schildbach if that is a feature he plans to add to the Bitcoin Wallet in the future. Maybe it will one day be added and I don't have to do much work. My expertise is not with the User Interface, but with the DASH/Bitcoin logic of nodes, messages and data that the user interface uses to interact with the DASH network. And I still have much work to do to finish IX and DS.

fernando