• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Android Wallet for Dash Beta Testing [closed]

HashEngineering

Before I release the New Version of the Android App on Google Play and sort of "force" 1600 users to upgrade, I would like to get feedback on how it works and looks.

https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/releases/tag/v4.18r3

Let me know your feedback. If it's positive, then I will update Google Play.

Changes include:
Dash Rebranding
InstantX support (sending only). Can't yet spend received InstantX transactions until 6 confirms.
Donation feature will be removed.

If you care to participate, let me know about these items:
1. Icon and color scheme
2. Can you send coins?
3. Can you receive coins?
4. Can you sweep a paper wallet?
5. Can you send with InstantX?
6. Can you see the value of your Dash in local currency?
7. Can you upgrade from a previous version of Darkcoin Wallet.

Receiving InstantX transactions may still be problematic. They can be received, but not spent until 6 confirms.

Good Luck. Use the software at your own risk using a minimal amount of DASH. Backup your wallet/keys before installing this or install it on a device that doesn't have the Darkcoin Wallet for android.

Once we get enough feedback and fix the bugs, we will update Google Play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I release the New Version of the Android App on Google Play and sort of "force" 1600 users to upgrade, I would like to get feedback on how it works and looks.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/hashengineering.darkcoin.wallet (not working yet).
https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/releases/tag/v4.0-beta2

Changes include:
Dash Rebranding
InstantX support (sending only). Can't yet spend received InstantX transactions until 6 confirms.
Donation feature will be removed.

If you care to participate, let me know about these items:
1. Icon and color scheme
2. Can you send coins?
3. Can you receive coins?
4. Can you sweep a paper wallet?
5. Can you send with InstantX?
6. Can you see the value of your Dash in local currency?
7. Can you upgrade from a previous version of Darkcoin Wallet.

Receiving InstantX transactions may still be problematic. They can be received, but not spent until 6 confirms.

Good Luck. Use the software at your own risk using a minimal amount of DASH. Backup your wallet/keys before installing this or install it on a device that doesn't have the Darkcoin Wallet for android.

Once we get enough feedback and fix the bugs, we will update Google Play.

Nice and good thinking
i posted this to some Android pieps

Great work love it.

Tried a send/receive and IX
All work.

When requesting Dash, the Copy function doesn't seem to work though however the share functions work.

Also what does the Disconnect button do?

Nice! A mobile wallet is a necessary feature for DASH, I hope you can eventually get a fully-functioning program on Android.

This wallet should be fairly functional. It is an upgrade to the current android wallet. Of course we want to make sure nothing broke during the upgrade.

it would be awesome if Dash android wallet can do mining too. if its not for the sake of the network, its for newbie to grab their first dash.

Can anyone help me and explain how to import the wallet backup key from android to the PC ? thanks ..

A guy in my chat tested it out as well (as I have no android) and he said the same + smoother running than the 1st version

I am surprised how little data usage it has used or requires as I'm on a low rate and its hunky dory.

I am surprised how little data usage it has used or requires as I'm on a low rate and its hunky dory.
Sub-Ether thanks for the notification. I tried downloading this but it never showed up on phone. Google stated it was compatible with my Samsung. I guess I'll wait a day and try again.

Sub-Ether thanks for the notification. I tried downloading this but it never showed up on phone. Google stated it was compatible with my Samsung. I guess I'll wait a day and try again.
I downloaded directly from Hash Engineering's github releases via PC and copied the file via USB, but it shouldn't make any difference should it really.

I downloaded directly from Hash Engineering's github releases via PC and copied the file via USB, but it shouldn't make any difference should it really.
Google Play can be annoying! I also downloaded and copied, etc. and it seems to be working fine. I am in the process of sending coins to it to work with. See my post in the Testing thread regarding QR codes.

Hashengineering - Dude! Really nice work! You need some serious trophy points for this.
So far I have been able:
  1. Receive coins
  2. Change default exchange rate (not sure the upside down teardrop is the best icon for making it default)
  3. Limit to trusted IP, my masternode on Mainnet
  4. Emailed a payment request.
  5. Backed up wallet to SD card
  6. Sent payment via InstantX, less than 2 seconds before popup window displayed on desktop

7. Sent payment to Desktop without InstantX and showed up in less than 2 seconds also. Desktop wallet is cold wallet for Masternode, so that may have something to do with awesome speed.

Back