Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

An Open Letter From Evan and Ryan Regarding Dash Marketing

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Ryan Taylor, Jun 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solarguy

solarguy Active Member

I would check over in the mining forum. Make sure you have cheap electricity or it might take a long time to pay off your mining rig.

https://www.dash.org/forum/topic/mining.3/

If the difficulty level continues to skyrocket, you may have trouble making a juicy profit anyway.

2. Ryan Taylor

Ryan Taylor Well-known Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member

I believe you mean the marketing firm. I do not believe they have a forum account, but I think once the initial strategy is formed and communicated it would be a great idea to have them create one which marketing proposal owners could reach out to for guidance / questions. Thank you for the suggestion.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Gaurav_Gupta

Gaurav_Gupta Member

Great write up. Clarifies many points.

4. This Is Blueprint

This Is Blueprint New Member

Great approach! Thank you for your insight.

5. papa_carp

papa_carp New Member

Outsider view from someone that just drank the coolaid:

1. The brand needs some serious work. looks like a "duh" from this extensive exchange here. Glad to see the marketing firm hired. If you ever want a change, Weiden and Kennedy is in my backyard and built the Nike Brand. Dash should be in the top 10 trusted brands worldwide in 10 years. That needs to be the goal.
    2. The brand you are building is simple.... "Trust":
    a. Trust that if you send grandma DASH she will figure out what to do with it (evolution needs a focus group for every release of 10 grandmas that are brand new to crypto). Hint: the video's I've seen of Evolution are not there yet... I'm guessing you guys already know that.
    b. Trust that the value of the currency will not swing wildly, or at least not wildly down. Good for this community for holding their DASH during a flash downturn. Count me among your holders and as soon as it makes sense, a consistent spender as well.
    c. Trust that when I want to use it merchants will accept it. If you don't know what to do with your funds right now then you should be giving some coin to every merchant that installs dash in their store and has 5 transactions per month. Maybe you are already doing that... I just haven't seen it on here or in my community.
    d. Trust that the developers and ecosystem is stable, and as bulletproof as possible. Safety of my money needs to be better than a bank. And don't make me memorize 24 words so i can feel safe at night.​
    Those are your messages IMHO. Nothing about investing. Nothing about jet fighters going super fast with Dash logos. Nothing about speculation. Actually I think most of this could be done with simple 30 second spots on what you are doing in Zimbabwe. Its really nothing more than a personal story, a brief shot of how easy it is to exchange money, and a logo at the end. That's it. Dead simple. Trust.
    3. Don't use those unspent coins. Considering them your savings account violates trust. You get 10% of a gigaton of money - it should be plenty if used correctly. spend every token in a methodical strategic fashion every month.

I hope this doesn't come across as critical. But the Marketing thing is critical, and you have a huge advantage right now for so many reasons. I just felt compelled to add my 0.02D to the discussion. We are all newbies only once in a field and sometimes newbies can help frame things while they are young and naive.

100% in...

Mike

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. solarguy

solarguy Active Member

We appreciate constructive criticism. Keep watching, we'll get there.

7. ManDan24

ManDan24 New Member

I need to know more. Can I buy with USD?

• Useful Useful x 2
  8. solarguy

solarguy Active Member

Yes, you can buy Dash with usd. Kraken does that, along with some other methods. there are links laying here somewhere for how exactly to do it. If you don't find those links easily, just ask here in this thread and I'll go get them for you.

Carry on, have fun, win!

9. Gregor

Gregor New Member

Ryan, this post is one of the main reasons why I am in love with Dash: it is not built our some "ICO type" hype, but it truly has utility in mind and will always put that first. In my opinion, this is not only the right ethical choice, but it is also a business-savvy choice. This is a marathon, not a sprint. I support this way of thinking 100%.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hashchain

Hashchain New Member

I think it is the best to do it this way. It will take Dash to a new level!

11. Haroon Memon

Haroon Memon New Member

Good read

12. Haroon Memon

Haroon Memon New Member

Hmmmm

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. last_dash

last_dash New Member

well it looks like you guys have this all figured out

14. last_dash

last_dash New Member

Actually I do want to say these are good, pay attention to these two things

but yeah besides that you guys have things pretty figured out.

15. Checkerama

Checkerama Member

Damn, you know its bad when even the developers need to call these MNOs out for their dumbass budget votes.

16. GrandMasterDash

GrandMasterDash Well-known Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

You know it's bad when developers think they know about marketing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Checkerama

Checkerama Member

Literally everyone on the forum, miners, developers, holders: MNO's, stop making stupid decisions

ONLY MNO's: Herp derp what do you know about marketing? I'm holding 1000 DASH since 2014!

Fix yourself.

18. GrandMasterDash

Glad to hear you consider yourself smarter than everyone else.

19. Checkerama

Checkerama Member

Everyone else seems to be agreeing with me - its time to come back to reality, buddy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. GrandMasterDash

"everyone else" except hundreds of stupid MNOs?

21. Checkerama

Checkerama Member

Precisely. Everyone sees your stupidities, and you probably do too but the cognitive dissonance is strong as shit. Keep it up though, I'm sure youll manage to vote DASH into the ground approving the stupidest propositions available against your community's wishes.

22. GrandMasterDash

Oh knowing one, thank you for your superior input. Praise the Lord, you're so smart.

23. Checkerama

Checkerama Member

And again, devs are calling it, miners are calling it and the general community is calling it. Are you that sensitive to criticism of your shit decisions for the past few months that you deflect to focusing on one person's criticism instead of addressing thousands more people telling you the exact same thing?

Cognitive dissonance. So glad to know you're such a "smart" MNO by ONLY your standards and your other MNO butt buddies and no one else.

24. GrandMasterDash

You make too many assumptions. I would of accepted the outcomes either way because, unlike you, I trust the group decision above my own.

Now, while you're being so clever, please tell us which proposals failed that made dash MNOs look so foolish?

25. Checkerama

Checkerama Member

If you were so smart, you would see I've already commented and highlighted the foolishness of those specific budget proposals already.

Talk about ignorant and only highlighting the fact you don't do your research and review feedback before inputting a vote.

26. GrandMasterDash

And if you were so smart you would of read my question correctly, "please tell us which proposals failed that made dash MNOs look so foolish?". The point is simple; while you're so busy criticising successful proposals (oh sorry, stupid proposals), that you neglected to submit your own "better" proposal. Come on, give us a proposal that will improve dash. Though saying that, I would never vote on a proposal from a bitching imbecile.

27. Checkerama

Checkerama Member

Even if it meant bettering the community or the currency? LOL, PLEASE keep highlighting exactly what I've been saying all along about how shit the governance of DASH is. Your measure of success is simply garnering ANY result and not optimization of cost to benefit. It's pathetic how ignorant you really are in business affairs.

28. UdjinM6

UdjinM6 Official Dash Dev
    Dash Core Team Moderator

@GrandMasterDash @Checkerama
    Few notes:
    - stop bumping this old thread with some (pretty) irrelevant discussion
    - if you still do so, pls at least keep it civil

@Checkerama
    If you are so unhappy with the governance model we have atm, propose a better one. Create new thread in "General Discussions" subforum and outline at least some basic principles and explain why your model would be better.

And btw, the fact that people have different opinions and they vote not the way you like doesn't mean that the model itself is broken. It means that you should probably try to explain them why they are doing it wrong. Or it could be that you are the one who is wrong and you should reconsider some arguments provided by other people.

• Winner Winner x 1
  29. Checkerama

Checkerama Member

You've already participated in one of my many conversations with your MNOs, are you seriously still doubting that they're incompetent? Is governance structured to make the best decisions for the DASH community, or just a play-thing for early DASH adopters to keep them from dumping over half of the currency's supply?

All you have to do is look back at my mining post.

I've come to agree with some MNO's, but this specific person is a pure example of the incompetency within your governance network. Thanks for being a mediator though.

#119 Checkerama, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  30. UdjinM6

UdjinM6 Official Dash Dev
    Dash Core Team Moderator

I remember your posts about mining. And as I already said, the fact that people had wrong assumptions about how mining profitability is going to evolve after market is flooded with ASICs (i.e. underestimated the number of ASICs that can be shipped in a short period of time) has nothing to do with governance. Market is simply reacting as it should: too much of hashpower supply with a fixed mining reward and relatively stable price makes mining not profitable - works as designed, nothing to fix here. If you think that every time mining becomes not profitable (because a lot of people started mining) block reward should be significantly increased to make it profitable again, than I have bad news for you - it doesn't work this way. This would just attract even more miners and would require to inflate the currency even more. And so on. Basically, the moment you'd try to regulate supply to make everyone happy is going to be the end of the currency.

• Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.