• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

51% HASHRATE COINMINE.PL !!!

omg maybe it's time to consider and vote the antitrust law?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think something like that
The antitrust law item 1:

Any pool should not exceed 50%

The antitrust law item 2:

In excess of 50% - fine equal of the profit in proportion of the founded blocks more than 50%

Money from fines will be transfered to the DASH budget

like this: 59% - 50% = 9% (-45%)

Is it possible to implement technically item 2?

I think people are grossly underestimating the severity of this issue. A single point of failure is guaranteed to manifest murphys law.

Very bad timing as well with the emergence of options like ether (which less face it, all of DASH functions could be programmed with Ether and it has 15x the volume)..

This HAS to be addressed, not ignored with a simple "one guy is working on a solution, eventually"

From my understanding (I've had less time to keep updated lately so I apologize if I'm wrong): The recent update actually reduced payout for miners while increasing payout for Masternodes (while also accruing budget revenue). If that is correct it seems like a logical solution to add PoS for active masternode clients only (block time set to 3x longer than PoW blocks). You wouldn't even necessarily need the PoS blocks to generate coins (if they generate coins we would most likely want to adjust the PoW algorithm so that the maximum generated coins remains the same). Obviously we would need to make this a passive function of active masternodes, since operators with less regard for the community/protocol would disable the PoS if it didn't provide additional newly created coins.

Just an idea, but I feel we need to start exploring all ideas/possible solutions now rather than later.

but if you carefully read this....seems like it's a not big problem

Good for the future, but what about right now. Coinmine can flip the switch at any time and become a bad actor.

What To Do When a Miner Controls Over 51% of Your Blockchain
http://blog.onename.com/namecoin-to-bitcoin/

Miner has more than 51% of network, Miner owns the network. Nothing in it's current state will change that (if I'm wrong please explain why). Sorry to beat the dead horse just still concerned that this issue isn't getting the immediate attention it deserves.

Does anyone have any information regarding the Grand Theft Auto Mining Hack thingy? Any forums I can go to and post about the issue? Any places we can help these idiots running the miner in the background?

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/#!extraction

Last edited:
Can the MN network act as P2Pool at the same time? Then, force everyone to mine with the MN network regardless how much hash power one may have.

2gt5jq1.jpg

62%... but if we also consider "Unknown", and if "both" eventually "become" a rogue player, an 82% attack would be possible. We need to find a suitable response.

As a pool op, I find it disrespectful that they don't even put a notice on their pool to spread around. They do not care at all about any coins network.

On the same hand, it's really one miner, hanlab, that has the lions share of the hashrate. They just need to move to another pool.

As a pool op, I find it disrespectful that they don't even put a notice on their pool to spread around. They do not care at all about any coins network.

On the same hand, it's really one miner, hanlab, that has the lions share of the hashrate. They just need to move to another pool.
Hanlab seems legit, in the sense that he's probably renting/owning equipment that has the lion's share, but he's not mining from someone else's computers. I wish he would share his hash with another pool though.
The other miner or miners are a different story, according to this:
http://biersteker.tweakblogs.net/blog/11915/hidden-cryptominers-in-game-torrents
And you can guess who they are on the chart:
https://www2.coinmine.pl/dash/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

Coinmin.pl has reached to the point of controlling 70% of the network hash rate, but I guess we shouldn't be worried???!!!

upload_2015-9-23_18-36-40.png

EDIT: 71% and rising now...

Coinmin.pl has reached to the point of controlling 70% of the network hash rate, but I guess we shouldn't be worried???!!!

EDIT: 71% and rising now...

Guy from Russian community advised to report about that torrent-X11-miner to all Anti-virus companies (in form of ordinary users complains "I've downloaded XYZ - and after this ...").
After it will be added to all anti-virus bases most part of botnet's power should be blocked.

Guy from Russian community advised to report about that torrent-X11-miner to all Anti-virus companies (in form of ordinary users complains "I've downloaded XYZ - and after this ...").
After it will be added to all anti-virus bases most part of botnet's power should be blocked.
I doubt that can solve anything. If the owner of Coinmine charges a fee, or does not allow more miners sign up into the pool, it can solve, but evidently the owner of coinmine doesn't give a fluke.

I sent to the admin of the pool the msg to put 10% fee so the miners will change the pool on their own insted af asking them to do it.
Rising fee meaby? - Each day 1% up till it get reasonable % of global hashrate?

Hi,

I think you put too much attention to botnet miner because hanlab user is responsible for 41% of total hashrate in last 24 hrs. All remaining users (approx 176) on my pool generated 15% of blocks in last day. The real problem is that there is not so many miners in total to even the hashrate distribution.

I am repeating this again and again - I am not a malicious pool operator and I am not going to break Dash network. I even do not have such skills to do it.

My pool has IP DDoS protection but even if someone would like to stop my pool and takeover the network I believe 80% of the miners (hanlab for sure) have some backup pool configured - all hashrate will go to other pools securing the network from attacker.

Cheers,
feeleep

Back